Please Give Advice On If I Qualify In Real Pain

Broken

Hello everyone, I am new to this and am a bit confused about whether or not I can qualify for the medical use of marijuana.

I have been a worker in a very labor intensive field for 10 years or so(plasterer), and in that trade I never had insurance so I don't have a medical background for my severe chronic pain. I'm currently unemployed due to the economy and going to school to find a better career.

During my years of work I developed severe pain in my neck from looking up at ceilings and soffits. Try looking straight above your head for just 5 minutes, then imagine doing it for 10 hour days years on end... You would develop chronic pain too! Every day I try rubbing my own neck and swing it from side to side until it cracks, I can handle the pain during the day, BUT I can't sleep! Taking Advil worked at first but I have built a tolerance to it and need to take to take at least 5 pills for it to work a little bit.

I think it is important to note that I have a family, and would never smoke marijuana unless it were legal for me to do so. I do believe that I should be able to smoke it to help me relax to sleep...

What do you guys think? Have any of you been through something similar? I've seen posts on here about Dr. Bob, but the first thing I see is that he wants a medical history, and keep in mind I'm no rich man I cant afford spending 1000 dollars on x-rays for this.

Hi Welcome<BR><BR>Im not a dr. and I cant tell you that you qualify because im not dr. and because I cant see you. lol<BR><BR>seriously though, I also did alot of plastering,drywall and finish, and paint over 22yrs, so I can def relate,<BR>You realy need to start a medical record, I would say go to the emergency room with your pain and they will exray you and point you to your family dr.<BR>I know you dont have one right?<BR>you have to do something, one day you are going to have to have proof that you have real conditions that qualify for mm!<BR><BR>I dont mean to bum ya out, I know what its like, I just thank god i paid self employment all of my self employed life or I would be screwed!<BR>If there is low or no income in your home you need to go to your county dhs and file for medicaid and what ever else you qualify for, thats what they are there for so dont be afraid to use it!<BR>than you can see dr.'s on a reg basis, its not hard to get mi adult health care, it is the ssdi that takes along time,(at least in my case)<BR><BR>Get some kinda medical records goin!<BR><BR>I wish you the best!<BR><BR>Peace<BR>FTW<BR>Jim<BR><BR>p.s and if all else fails get 200 bucks together and watch for an add offering to qualify you for mm, there are traveling clinics that are mm friendly! shhhhhh!

Broken try to get off the advil as soon as you can, it can damage your liver. i have had knee problems and got to a point were walking hurt. if you can afford a script ask about meloxicam, one a day got me off 6 advil a day.I have had cancer twice and MM helps me sleep with no pain.I hope you can find some help. Peace

Thanks for all of the fast responses! Really nice to see people taking time to help.

I know that the medicine would help me, but I'm not 100% that I'll go down this road. I have a young daughter and it makes it hard to justify, even if I am in pain, but I'm definately going to do my research and weigh all my options. Taking a half bottle of Advil a day can't be good for me so I'm going to have to do something.

come on people lets not advise taking any kind of man made pills

I dont know if you know what its like to come off of methadone for pain and xanax for anxiety after 12 yrs of taking it? Believe me! God as my witness I dont remember at least 5 days of my life! and woke up in I.c u, They said I o.d at the hospital, I was taken off of my meds for 8 days, I was given 1 methadone 10mg, and 1 xanax 1mg on the 8th day, it almost killed me,

I only use weed for my pain and anxiety now!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Bubblegrower recommended a doctor last week, the same doc that a someone I know in a similar situation recently used.

http://michiganmedic...confidentially/

He's normally down in Adrian, but does travel occasionally.

Off-topic, but don't let the 'Reefer Madness' hysteria get to you too much. Why would having a daughter make it harder to justify? I think you'll find that many, or most of the answers that come to mind are rooted in baseless anti-cannabis hysteria (with the exception of "I'm scared of the cops").

Hello everyone, I am new to this and am a bit confused about whether or not I can qualify for the medical use of marijuana.

I have been a worker in a very labor intensive field for 10 years or so(plasterer), and in that trade I never had insurance so I don't have a medical background for my severe chronic pain. I'm currently unemployed due to the economy and going to school to find a better career.

During my years of work I developed severe pain in my neck from looking up at ceilings and soffits. Try looking straight above your head for just 5 minutes, then imagine doing it for 10 hour days years on end... You would develop chronic pain too! Every day I try rubbing my own neck and swing it from side to side until it cracks, I can handle the pain during the day, BUT I can't sleep! Taking Advil worked at first but I have built a tolerance to it and need to take to take at least 5 pills for it to work a little bit.

I think it is important to note that I have a family, and would never smoke marijuana unless it were legal for me to do so. I do believe that I should be able to smoke it to help me relax to sleep...

What do you guys think? Have any of you been through something similar? I've seen posts on here about Dr. Bob, but the first thing I see is that he wants a medical history, and keep in mind I'm no rich man I cant afford spending 1000 dollars on x-rays for this.

glad you are getting some answers. the bottom line is already out there though. do you qualify? only a doctor can make that decision.

as far as the kids go, i know this can be a serious issue for a lot of people considering MMJ.

a few things to remember........ first, people have had stealth cannabis grows for as long as LEO has not allowed them. :) there are ways to grow very very stealth. and i mean STEALTH.

even if this is still not an option, compassion clubs, caregivers, and dispensary's are. medibles would be something to look into as well. no need to have smoke lingering in the air, or the need to play hide-and-seek with your kids/vaporizer.

medibles can be a way to obtain ultimate relief, without any smell or residuals laying around.

no matter what your final decision will be, i am glad to see you taking the time to get REAL answers from REAL people and not sticking to the propaganda that fills the newspapers/magazines/television.

Bubblegrower recommended a doctor last week, the same doc that a someone I know in a similar situation recently used.

http://michiganmedic...confidentially/

He's normally down in Adrian, but does travel occasionally.

Off-topic, but don't let the 'Reefer Madness' hysteria get to you too much. Why would having a daughter make it harder to justify? I think you'll find that many, or most of the answers that come to mind are rooted in baseless anti-cannabis hysteria (with the exception of "I'm scared of the cops").

Appreciate pointing me to a doc.

I worry about my daughter being influenced by someone who is on a drug just like any drug. I want her to be able to make her own decisions, and I know that she will mimic things that I in life later on. Deep down I do believe everyone should have the right to use marijuana as they want especially if they are a responsible adult.

I know I would do it after she falls asleep or when she is not at home, but I also know that she's going to find out I use marijuana at some point. Its a bit of a touchy subject and there are many things to consider.

Unfortunately as I do look at marijuana as a medicine, or even a recreational drug on par with alcohol (if not safer), society still looks at it like an illegal devil weed.

And with all of that being said I also think its important for me to teach her to be responsible, yet open minded. I think I'm going to end up doing it, but it's something I need to think about.

Archived