Items Seized In Ferndale Pot Bust To Be Returned

Guest finallyfree09

could this be the crack in bouchards dam? the monkey wrench in coopers gears? the beginning of the end for the oakland county sheriff department's test case? let's hope so.....

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v10/n839/a02.html?1146

its an old article but i never read it before. has someone else posted this????

Thanks!!

I had forgotten about that story.

When the hard drive was returned it had been erased. Including the camera footage of the raid itself. The hard drive was the storage device for the security cameras.

That should get the whole case dropped. If it can be proven the police destroyed evidence.

Guest finallyfree09

Thanks!!

I had forgotten about that story.

When the hard drive was returned it had been erased. Including the camera footage of the raid itself. The hard drive was the storage device for the security cameras.

That should get the whole case dropped. If it can be proven the police destroyed evidence.

you have GOT to be kidding me! the POLICE DEPARTMENT (purveyors of law and order, defenders of the faith, protectors of the citizenry :lol: ) erased the tapes?! i am no lawyer but wouldn't that be considered illegal? obstruction of justice is the first thing that comes to mind. i am in utter disbelief. the POLICE DEPARTMENT destroyed evidence, to protect themselves, that is pertinent to an ONGOING investigation?

WOW

why can the general population not see the HYPOCRISY of the oakland county police department? even if destroying evidence isn't punishable by law it STILL looks really shady.

i know what happened after alcohol prohibition ended....

WE PUT ALL THE MOBSTERS IN BLUE SUITS, GAVE THEM GUNS, NIGHTSTICKS, AND A BADGE AND CALLED THEM COPS.

don't get me wrong... i know that all cops aren't bad but this is just about as unamerican and WRONG as it gets.

How about a forensic reconstruction done by someone other than law enforcement to find out what they are so scared of. Make sure it is in fact the same hard drive taken.

I think that has been or is being tried.

I think they first went into CYA mode and started shredding everything they could about records.

Most of the records that were in question were on the drive.

Erasing the drive may have been a panic reaction. Which may have happened before the court order.

All of that is guessing, of course.

someone needs to get them the Recuva software, and fast! they may be able to still recover what was formatted off the drive. (that actually depends on how thorough the cops were. In this case, i wouldn't be surprised if they only made a one pass reformat.) if they want me to check the drive for them, i would be happy to do so!

Is everyone assuming that they didn't copy it before they erased it?

Not a safe assumption, I would think.

They can always make something up (like they usually do), and say they copied it to "PROTECT" the evidence, not "destroy" it.

The police are experts at doing evil things, while at the same time, portraying themselves as the saviors of the public good.

I personal know that a Private Agency is costly ($2K) to reconstruct what happen and has a low percentage of good results. I would think mirroring the Hard drive would be standard policy. Why would they ever trust your hardware over their's while reviewing the information? Extracting information off the drive doesn't destroy it. Hmmmmm Intresting...

Guest knucklehead bob

" Keep yer stick on the ice !" :hocky: And , "Remember I'm pullin for ya , we're all in this together." (RED GREENE) :thumbsu: I geuss this could have gone somewhere else , but anyways , keeping the faith .

Archived