Severe Arthritis

sorry for the old thread necro here but this subject is near and dear to me...

I'd also like to advocate for vegetable oils (olive, canola etc..) or apple cider vinegar as the solvent base for making a tincture since mixing alcohol and narcotics can be devastating for the body; especially the liver.

How do I make a tincture using oil?

• 3 weeks later...

How do I make a tincture using oil?

Basically the same as using alcohol or other liquid solvents. I usually leave the plant material out in a dry place until it is super dried out in order to decarboxylate. I grind it up into a powder and then put it in olive oil in a covered dark glass bottle. You have to let the plant matter soak in it for a while and then strain out the solids using a very fine screen (i only use stainless steel mesh). I like to keep mine in a warm dark place for a few weeks before I strain it out. You have to squeeze it in order to get most it to drip out of the plant material. It helps to have it warm when you are trying to separate the plant from oil. fyi i think it tastes awesome on garlic bread.

I understand just how you feel as i have the same thing. Took out both shoulders 6 years ago and now working it's way up my spine. Yes I know just what you mean. One word, INDICA and the strongest you can get your hands one. I then make oil and smoke that morning noon and night. Oil works the best as it only takes a tiny bit and dosing is way smaller then regular budded meds. Look for some simson oil at the jackson Farmers market or make some your self. Either way thats about the only thing that helps me move in the mornings. Pills just dont help anymore unless I have the doc put me on stronger stuff which I refuse to do. You are on the right track and hope you get relief too..

Archived