Smart Meters Linked To House Fires

welj31

Hello everyone

I am searching for anyone with firsthand knowledge of a “smart meter” causing a fire, melting, or blowing up appliances here in Michigan.

It’s a long story but I am aware of one case in MI and am looking for info on others.

Here is what they look like:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&q=smart+meter&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=g9g-m1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

http://emfsafetynetwork.org/?page_id=1280

They come in many shapes and sizes, but they all do the same thing (read electrical usage and relay it back to the electric company.

Everyone at the electric company acts like they have never heard of such a thing, but a quick google search proves otherwise.

Thanks

Mine was replaced twice, first one burned a two inch hole around the left side connector, the second one wasn't sending info back to electric co. ( Greatlakes in Boyne city). It's been awhile so I don't remember the dates they where changed.

Thank you very much. I knew it was happening. Thats the same thing that happened here (and it was also great lakes). Now they are trying to act like its something I did, but my entire system is less than 2 years old and has never had a problem till they showed up saying the meter was not reading.

Did you lose any appliances when it happened? Thanks

I didn't lose any appliances, I was lucky and only lost most of the lights and a harddrive. everything was flickering on and off and getting very dim. The first day I thought it was problems with a transformer some where, the second day I argued with greatlakes about it, they said it had to be my breaker box, I told them that I went through all circuits with my meter and found no shorts or open circuit, but had 0- 150 volts across the main breaker, they said " call an electriecen". When it was still messing up on the third day I took the meter of muyself and found the holeon the left side and then called again and they sent someone out still took two more days with no power till they replaced it, I had to buy and install a new base. I hope this help you cause they cost me alot of money and food.

I had to buy and install a new base. I hope this help you cause they cost me alot of money and food.

you had to buy something that their bunk product burnt? that's tragic. corporate gluttonous pigs. maybe you could find enough other people that have had similar experiences and get a class-action lawsuit together.

:growl::growl:

I didn't lose any appliances, I was lucky and only lost most of the lights and a harddrive. everything was flickering on and off and getting very dim. The first day I thought it was problems with a transformer some where, the second day I argued with greatlakes about it, they said it had to be my breaker box, I told them that I went through all circuits with my meter and found no shorts or open circuit, but had 0- 150 volts across the main breaker, they said " call an electriecen". When it was still messing up on the third day I took the meter of muyself and found the holeon the left side and then called again and they sent someone out still took two more days with no power till they replaced it, I had to buy and install a new base. I hope this help you cause they cost me alot of money and food.

Same sh*t here. But I am not falling for it. I know now it was their fault now. All my stuff still checks out good. And the fact that they changed out my transformer as well (1 hour before melt down) they must know there is a problem on their end. Thanks

PS you may be able track the dates by looking online for blank readings on GLE's site.

I thought the Smart meters were installed for those who wanted to be charged different rates according to usage (peak and off peak usage).

I will let my family know that these meters are prone to failure.

There are many dif types with a wide range of opts. But all are flawed from fire starters to health risk. There is even a boycot on to stop installing them. It seems the the main reason is to make more $$$ for the power company.

• 2 weeks later...

welj31I should have asked you sooner, sorry, I tend to lose track of things, but anyway, would it help you in some way to have those dates? If it will I'll chase it down. I never persued the the issue, at the time I had other things going on, most still are, but the worst is over. If it'll help you I'll do what I can. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

welj31I should have asked you sooner, sorry, I tend to lose track of things, but anyway, would it help you in some way to have those dates? If it will I'll chase it down. I never persued the the issue, at the time I had other things going on, most still are, but the worst is over. If it'll help you I'll do what I can. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Thanks but it wont help at this point.

I have tracked the problem. It seems that when the power is out and then comes back on the smart meter will only stop 2-3 power serges before it lets one come in. I talked to a guy in CA where they have more of these meters and thats whats happening out there. Thanks again. I will repost when this is settled.

• 3 years later...

Consumers Energy has just notified us they will be installing smart meters in the next year.  They will give us more specific dates in the future.

Our choice is to opt out for a $65 fee and a $10 monthly meter read fee.  Or have the smart meter removed in the future for $130 and the $10 meter read fee.

I don't want any smart meter.  How do other growers feel about these smart meters?