First Medical Patient Jailed Dies Under Local Medicinal Cannabis Ordinance !

Croppled1

A longtime Thanksgiving song tradition . God Bless those that followed their own conciences at home and abroad in service .

First Medical Patient Jailed Dies Under Local Medicinal Cannabis Ordinance !

The following graphic response is not suitable for minors or those patients who haven't accepted the realities of death by Societal Injustice of our time . Patients who still believe the System or Doctors can solve everything , please read no further .

November 24th , 2010

Unionized Press Reporting : Nick At Night and Sahara Nicholson Cole .

2nd story followup to :Council Bans Medicinal Cannabis - Institutes Local Death Penalty .

Xenophobic City, Michigan

The first patient jailed under Xenophic City , Michigan's Local Medical Cannabis ban and Death Penalty died earlier today while being held for the second day in a holding cell with a career criminal .

Said Corrections Officer Joseph Baton " apparently there was a severe health issue " . Asked if State Registered Cannabis Patient Linda Lucky had complained of any problems Officer Baton replied " well she said she was having issues with pain from Cancer , previous accident injuries , Opiate and Xannax withdrawal , high blood pressure , blackouts , problems breathing and lack of consciousness without her normal medication routine that is banned here - but you know how them pot heads lie ! We're not a Hospital nor a place of comfort for the sick beyond despair ! Some of these people act crazy , whining , crying , kicking , acting out with these complications and the stress of arrest , If we would of understood the severity of the problem we would of atleast put her in restraints .

Undersheriff Bootard at first refused to comment but after careful deliberation replied " I told you something baaaad would happen if you let people use Medicinal Cannabis . We already have schedule 2 avialablillity for things like , Cocaine , and raw Opium ( true ) they don't need this . It is a perfect example of why we need more Jails and regulation over Patients and Norml Citizens . The bottom line is we took someone out of their home before something worse could happen !

Judge Arnold Abstinence ( frustrated former addict and alchohalic ) who was to hear Ms. Lucky's case was quoted as saying . " I am deeply saddened to hear Ms. Lucky didn't survive processing and being held for trial . I really think the State could of done some good by her if she only survived to approach my Court . These people just do not know whats good for them . I could of diverted her to Dr, Feelbad's program , the cost and fines would of deferred some expense too the State , supported the status quo ,and left her penniless so she couldn't get in anymore trouble . "

The County Corenor Dr Harry Fingers examined the body . " She was a little bruised up by being forced to the floor during arrest and handcuffed , due to the use of prescribed Plavix . She had been choking on vomit and her blood pressure was high enough to break blood vessels in her forehead and extremities . There was evidence of convulsions from cold turkey withdrawal off prescribed Xannax and Hydromorphone , along with obvious biting of the tongue , and evidence of stroke . Basically her death was inevitable and a result of her deviant lifestyle !"

Adult Protective Services Director In Jail Mary Makeitworse exclaimed . "I knew Ms Lucky , if we could of only locked her up in Foster Care before it came down to this we could of restricted and punished the evil out of her , as well as , forced the proper State behaviors into her corrupt soul . This isn't the Dark Ages anymore where you can tie a stone around their neck and throw em in the river , if they live their guilty , if they die ... . There is only so much money for the budget - we do what we can . "

Career Criminal Makeout Marge who was in the cell with Ms Lucky before she died told authorities . " I kept telling everyone something was wrong she didn't respond to me like most who come through here . She was vomiting , deficating , wheezing but she never got up to run or fought back . "

The arresting Officer Bo Peep Stated these things happen . " I see it all the time . She was a good looking woman . I was going past her house and decided to take a walk around . I saw her eating that cannabis brownie in bed - the field test kit showed positive for that or sugar . It was a clean bust . If there is no Wall around the property with a locked gate at the driveway we're within our rights to go anywhere here in Michigan according to the Courts to get these people . Heck we can hover right over their roofs even then . I just wish I had placed that tracking device on her car earlier to try to help her stay away from other men , er I mean bad influences . Since we broke up I followed her everywhere . I felt it was my duty to help the incorigabley sick . We didn't take a single thing we wanted under forfeiture - not even the TV , this time ! "

We went out into the Streets to take comments from Xenophobic's residents :

The first one we ran into was Lestor Hayseed 85 ." I knew she taught at the High School until that accident while sitting at a red light . But that had been years ago . I think she was on disability and had some sort of illness ; you do not talk about those things with people . I don't understand it all - she was such a nice gal . We saw her at Church the other day she didn't look well , but surely not near death . Not even the exposer to rap music and them High School kids explains this .

Down the street we talked with Dr. Feelbad of the local Drug Rehabilitation Clinic . Ms. Lucky dead ? She often came by to volunteer or drop off cookies down at the Center . She seemed a little worn down lately complaining of her medical routine but I had no idea she was on Cannabis . Goes to show you how dangerous that is . We would of locked her up cold turkey too but she could of took prescribed meds the way we determined . Our drug consoler's know whats best for these addicts . It is always a coin toss with these patients and what insurance covers . We have a 80% recidivism rate but 100% have to say their cured before they leave . We try to make sure their miserable so they won't ever relapse again out of fear . We barely get $30,000 for a 10 day program we demand while the State of Michigan Courts say 5-8 days is the customary and necessary care insurance limit for patients . That is all we can do for them other to send them over to Foster Care under Mary Makeitworse if their fortunate , many we just release destitute to the streets .

Dr Feelgood of the Hemp Center exclaimed " it's just unconscionable ! I am extremely upset as she just started working with me to taper the dangerous dependent medications with the help of Cannabis . This has been going on for years with arrested dependent patients and people addicted to drugs with dangerous withdrawal profiles , that just don't belong in lockup period . They know , they warn authorities but their not heard due to ignorance and often people think those on medications or controlled substances lie . If their taken to a hospital they are often deemed fit to be taken back for cold turkey incarceration or if mentally unstable restrained and injured cold turkey at the Hospital . It's so upsetting to me , when Cannabis is used during a slow tapered detox for hard drugs , in a inexpensive yet comfortable supportive environment , most do find detox tolerable , and successful long term . The change in these peoples personalities and health is dramatic when treated properly with kindness and proper time frames . "

He went on to say " These for profit penal institutions can't really handle medical situations for the ill well . There not trained , staffed, budgeted , or outfitted for it . Jail is no place for sick people . We have to do something this has been going on too long . We need patient rights to medication continuance and proper detox centers without inflated professional fee's ,but innexpensive or subsidized services instead , and some accountability . Punitive Behavioral Health applications in detox or medical care has been even less successful then the 'Drug War' in general . The whole system is self serving and corrupt ."

We next ran into Father Anthony Sarducci Jr. . " It is just unbelieveable what some of these patients are going through ." Ms Lucky confided in me recently about her Medicinal Cannabis use asking for support from the Church . She stated " I need mercy and any comfort the Lord can provide Father . I suffer so much already with my injury and health problems . However , I found with Medicinal Cannabis and a strong belief in God life can be bearable , I want to live and have a quality of life to share as part of my community ." Father Anthony stated he told her "Cannabis use is not prohibited in the Bible " as God said " Behold I have given you every herb bearing seed which is found on the face of the Earth.... " Genesis ( 1:29 ) and we cannot forget " Blessed are those persecuted for righteousness's sake : For theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven ," Mathew (5:9-10) .

"I never thought God would take her so soon . Obviously she was needed more in Heaven and as a example of a wrong that must be corrected peacefully through passive resistance, thorough discussions with patients , and proper channels ."

We could of continued to hit the Streets , there were other opinions , and information too numerous to print here . Proponants of Cannabis all over are organizing to fight injustice , comprised of the most diverse backgrounds , and health situations in Michigan history . Old guard meeting the new . Their trying to tolerate , understand each other . and make a difference . After taking everything into consideration we couldn't help but question if this policy had brought joy to the enforcing officials ? Even more important we had to question whether it had brought any joy to the people ?

May your God(s) be with you always . Nick at Night and Sahara Nicholson Cole . Happy Thanksgiving - Hold on !

Archived