Court Date

Posted to the MINORML talk-list by Bob Wood, Tuscola County Norml Executive Director.

We will be demonstrating outside the Tuscola County Courthouse Tuesday Nov. 30

from 7:45 am until 8:20 am.

Keith Campbell’s trial starts at 8:30 am Nov. 30th 2010.

Court House address: 440 N State St. Caro Mi. 48723

We would like to get as many people to attend Keith’s trial as possible to

support Keith and protect the affirmative defense of the Michigan Medical

Marihuana Act.

Woodzzz's Motel in Caro will discount rooms for any NORML

member coming to Keith's trial.

Normally $71.00 per room discounted to $50.00 for NORML people. Order your room

asap.

Woodzzz's Motel

2010 W. Caro Rd.

Caro Mi.

989-673-5225

woodzzz.com for more info.

Mention NORML or the fact that you want the discount for norml people.

This case is another important case in Michigan.

There are similar areas of the law that are being tested as in the Bob and Torey case.

Bob and Torey had their doctors letter at the time of the arrest. No application had been submitted to the state.

Keith Campbell's case was before he received his letter and the arrest took place before the new law went into effect.

I believe Keith's case will show that there is a requirement of the courts.

Those (3) items, explicitly required in the AD section, forces the case to be dismissed. None of those items are required to be present at the time of arrest. They just need to be presented to the judge on court date.

Set facts, at the time of the hearing, will force the case to be dismissed.

A win in the Campbell case would have a strong positive impact on Bob and Torey's case.

I urge people to come there for this case.

Matt is Keith's attorney. Given the ruling on Keith's appeal it appears his fate is in the hands of a Tuscola County jury. The plan is to distribute material from FIJA, the fully informed jury association, in hopes of winning Keith's freedom via jury nullification should motions for the defense fail to do so. Hope to see everybody show up early to support Keith and our efforts.

For more information on fija: http://fija.org/

Hello folks

Matt Able was able to negotiate a pretty good deal for Keith Campbell today, so

the demonstration is called off.

Keith pled quilty of manufacturing and they dropped the bull bunny muffin gun charges

and the bull bunny muffin resisting charges. He should not have to spend more than 30

days in the slammer.

Bob Wood, Tuscola County NORML ED

Hello folks

Matt Able was able to negotiate a pretty good deal for Keith Campbell today, so

the demonstration is called off.

Keith pled guilty of manufacturing and they dropped the bull bunny muffin gun charges

and the bull bunny muffin resisting charges. He should not have to spend more than 30

days in the slammer.

Bob Wood, Tuscola County NORML ED

Thanks for the update and i guess thats not to bad but know one should go to jail for MM

at least it's over for him we are next i think

Too bad the plea resolves nothing regarding the interpretation of the law. Before anyone protest what I've said let me acknowledge that every defendent is allowed to call his own shots--but in the return stroke, I'm allowed to be disappointed with the lack of resolution of any issue of our law. To me a sentence of only 30 days indicates the prosecutor thought he had a rather weak liklihood of prevailing in a jury trial. Actually few arrests result in trial, most collarsend in pleas so potential 'test cases' usually end end as blanks fired.

Archived