Epsom Salt

sknkwrks

i have started to use epsom salt based on the comments made by others on the board. it seems to be working keep in mind that i have only been using a little at a time and have used it every watering i go by the less is more rule. but on the bag of epsom salt there is all different doses for different plants and go figure it dont say any thing about marijuana plants. so my first question would be what is a good or proper amount to use when watering. i have only been using a 1/2 tea spoon per gallon and like i said it seems to be working but they still look a lil weak like its not enough or maybe its a lack calcium. wich brings up the next question. if indeed its a lack of calcium what would be a good suplement for the calcium?? My wonderful wife had said to me try to use a couple tums mixed in a gallon of water. i looked at her with a very stupid look on my face but she is a smart girl and can grow just about any plant but marijuana(she can grow em but they always turn male when she touches them lol) i looked at the lable of a pack of tums and for the most part the tums are just calcium carbonate. would this work? has any 1 ever tried this? i have a great white male that the wife grew for me it will be the studd for my next breed so i was thinking about trying the tums on him. he is helthy and may not need it but i figured if it didnt kill him it may be ok to give the ladies. if it kills him no harm no foul ill get another male. so please pass on any information ant the epsom salt and calcium.

Simple and effective solution to all your nute/watering needs. Get an R/O system, or buy your water by the gallon, get distilled R/O water. You can go with numerous nute's, just visit any hydro store or shop online, tons to choose from. I wouldn't use epsom salt, but that's me. If you have cal or mag problems right now, get to a hydro store and pick up some Cal/Mag. It's cheap and will fix your problem without having to measure mess with that salt. I've been there, went through all that stuff, tried the salt... Then picked up some Cal/Mag and used that because my water sucks. Once I pinned it down to the water, changed what I was using, no more well or tap water & No more problems. Happy growing!!

I agree,I use Magical from the hydro store for def in mg but before I used to mix 1 tsp Epsom salt to 1 gallon of distilled water,I would not reccomend this for every watering just when you have a def.I would look for a good nute with Micro nutrients and hopefully avoid the def but as far as epsom goes its a buck at the dollar store and you get a good size bottle of magical or the equivelent at hydro shop for 7-9 bucks but it last forever and has very clear directions for soil and hydro applications.-Good Luck

Epsom salt is primarily used for the magnesium content, there isn't any calcium in it.  I've seen it recommended most often for grows in coco, which absorbs calcium and magnesium.

Do you have a real magnesium deficiency?  What are you using for the main nutrients, at what ph?

• 3 months later...

All good info so far:

To make sure your calcium is adequate a good handful or more of crushed/partly rotted eggshells (dolomitic lime if ph can handle)in your bucket,compost or hole should guarentee availability - less is more is a great idea w/ your Mag.Sul. if you're not soil testing.... I believe the presence of both enhances their mutual bio-availability.

Just saying, from my organic/simplistic persuasion..

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/public/style_emoticons/default/hot.gif

Archived