12 replies to this topic

#1 Shadeleaf

Shadeleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

Cadillac's dispensary makes the front page of the Cadillac News. See what the dispensary owners, Wesford's senator and law officials have to say about the law. Read the comments at the end to see what people have to say.

Going to Pot? -Cadillac News

#2 dutch&Dutchess

dutch&Dutchess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

thanks for the post

#3 KathywithaK

KathywithaK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

this is the new place in Cadillac,the last one on 13th street was shut down. twinn Bridges is located at 1502b N. Mitchell,st.the phone# there is 231-885-4477.wishing them the best. thanks for the post.

#4 Budz-4-U

Budz-4-U

Budz-4-u

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationGladwin/Midland, MI

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

Do they post a menu, with prices, like Mt. Pleasant ??

Curious. 57 miles one way.... 114 mile round trip. Good $12 in gas. And a good two hours total in the car.

Any reports on products and prices ?

I'll go check it out..... if it's worth it.

I'm a sucker for trying some strain I have only read or heard about.

Peace.

#5 Shadeleaf

Shadeleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:12 PM

thanks for the post

this is the new place in Cadillac,the last one on 13th street was shut down. twinn Bridges is located at 1502b N. Mitchell,st.the phone# there is 231-885-4477.wishing them the best. thanks for the post.

Your welcome. We need to keep people in the know.

Do they post a menu, with prices, like Mt. Pleasant ??

Curious. 57 miles one way.... 114 mile round trip. Good $12 in gas. And a good two hours total in the car.

Any reports on products and prices ?

I'll go check it out..... if it's worth it.

I'm a sucker for trying some strain I have only read or heard about.

Peace.

I'll see what I can find out for you if someone doesn't post some info first.

WOW...lots of views. Anyone have any opinions or comments?

#6 Shadeleaf

Shadeleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

Looks like Traverse City's judges have a good understanding of the law. Way to go TC!! It doesn't look as though the prosecutor there shares their same opinion though. Sad...

Medical pot case could hit top court

#7 Broken

Broken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

Your welcome. We need to keep people in the know.

I'll see what I can find out for you if someone doesn't post some info first.

WOW...lots of views. Anyone have any opinions or comments?

Hope they stay in business, it's only about an hour away from me. They should post a menu like said before... and wondering if they will be open on the 23rd.

#8 bobandtorey

bobandtorey

The First To Be Raided and legal

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,368 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

To anyone who believes dispesaries are illegal in michigan, THERE ARE TWO MAIN PARTS OF THE LAW MAKING DISPENSARIES LEGAL, as long as the owner is a patient. A patient can "assist" as many qualifying medical marijuana patients as he/she wants without arrest according to the law.

i like that part i thik we may open one up inn Ferndale to see what would happen :goodjob:

#9 Broken

Broken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

To anyone who believes dispesaries are illegal in michigan, THERE ARE TWO MAIN PARTS OF THE LAW MAKING DISPENSARIES LEGAL, as long as the owner is a patient. A patient can "assist" as many qualifying medical marijuana patients as he/she wants without arrest according to the law.

i like that part i thik we may open one up inn Ferndale to see what would happen :goodjob:

Good luck :D I definately think they should be legal according to how the law reads too, however it does seem like cops are shutting down dispensaries commonly.

#10 The Digital Nomad

The Digital Nomad

Patient, Grower, Activist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationMacomb and Oakland Counties

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

Ferndale city council is going to enact an ordinance to specifically word 'dispensary' as a acceptable business, they plan to allow this in designated areas of ferndale. Royal Oak Planning commision suggested that the city allow dispensaries in certain areas- a one mile stretch of woodward, but that didn't go.

-DN

#11 pic book

pic book

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • LocationSW Detroit Fort at Junction, Clark at I-75).

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:47 PM

Good luck with that, BAT. Seriously. You've had enough trouble. But you do display as a daredevil and the State of Michigan may go easy on dispensaries but the DEA does not, at least in CA, and likely DEA is headed here to mess with ours, both those currently open and closed. The bigger your gross sales (are or were), the bigger your draw. In prosecuting for it DEA/DOJ uses your corporate tax returns against you. A double-edged sword, to file or not to file? No matter, to DEA you are many step up from a mere grower, they class and proscute you as a DEALER, and they hold up the tax returns you filed (if you did, your tax returns as prosecution exhibit number ONE.

#12 Shadeleaf

Shadeleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

“I therefore believe it is illegal for someone to supply marijuana to someone who is a patient other than one registered to that person,” Smathers said.

Smathers said that the way the law is written, a registered patient can't be arrested for securing marijuana from a dispensary.

I don't think they are recognizing patient to patient transfers. What part of the law is that in B&T?

#13 MORE COWBELL

MORE COWBELL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

Good luck with that, BAT. Seriously. You've had enough trouble. But you do display as a daredevil and the State of Michigan may go easy on dispensaries but the DEA does not, at least in CA, and likely DEA is headed here to mess with ours, both those currently open and closed. The bigger your gross sales (are or were), the bigger your draw. In prosecuting for it DEA/DOJ uses your corporate tax returns against you. A double-edged sword, to file or not to file? No matter, to DEA you are many step up from a mere grower, they class and proscute you as a DEALER, and they hold up the tax returns you filed (if you did, your tax returns as prosecution exhibit number ONE.

serious??????????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users