BHO (Butane Honey Oil) The Facts (As Str8Dank Sees 'em)

oh you guys are more paranoid than me! get a good fire going in your 55 gal drum wood burner in the garage, go out there do the extraction(children dont try this at home) phaq the hot water, it evaporates so quick, I just wait about 10 minutes and bring it in a glass pie dish, I set it on one of those electric radiator type heaters, and let it un crisp and start to bubble a lit bit,,man you can smoke some grass off of the lawn with a drop of that sheet on it and get all about medicated!!

Im surprised you arent getting more hassel,,,this is bad, that is bad, oh dont do it that way,,it is getting way to technical for this old stoner, Ill stick to my old ways they always worked and I havent taken a garage ride to the moon yet roglmao! (just kidding about the wood burner)

Peace

FTW and Oil

Jim

P.s I had heard something about enhancing weed! in a law, I dont know if that applies now since mm is legal

I got caught with a lil residue left in a few bottles i put it in, and leo called it black tar heroin till the lab tests came back!

phaquetoo I'll be reading about you in the news soon ya keep that up man. I'd never do it indoors even with a fan behind me blowing the air towards a window i was in front of is not safe enough to me. once you see a few houses that exploded just from a say 5 can of tane run you realize how dangerous this stuff is. just google butane extraction explosion or some other string of related words and see for yourself.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it when someone comes by and says they can smoke anything without coughing.....I have taken people who say they don't cough to their knees with this little baby............The swingarm has a square of titanium, you heat that with a butane torch till it glows red......Then you wait a couple seconds and swing it under the bell and dab on the BHO.........It's one CONCENTRATED hit........I'm a heavy smoker and it will do the trick for me with 3 or 4 hits.........Most people 1 or 2 does the trick....HJ

I love it when someone comes by and says they can smoke anything without coughing.....I have taken people who say they don't cough to their knees with this little baby............The swingarm has a square of titanium, you heat that with a butane torch till it glows red......Then you wait a couple seconds and swing it under the bell and dab on the BHO.........It's one CONCENTRATED hit........I'm a heavy smoker and it will do the trick for me with 3 or 4 hits.........Most people 1 or 2 does the trick....HJ

LOL~~ I have been there, and seen that! LOL

Also, let me know if you do want to do a tutorial. I have a video camera. I can video the process!

that's some clean glass work you got there!

HPIM1872.JPG

Skolar doing the BHO demo at a MOCC meeting, here you can see the can of 5x purified butane - Vector. The Zippo Butane was an example of what not to use. The glass turkey baster and coffee filter were homemade BHO kits.

HPIM1874.JPG

He is holding the BHO kit from B.D.Ts (its about $25)

Yep - we are OUTSIDE!

HPIM1878.JPG

Skolar is preparing to inject the butane, he has the dish to collect the extract, and a hot water dish nearby.

HPIM1879.JPG

Butane extraction done, now set it in the hot water dish to evaporate the butane. Note frost on pipe. This was a 2 ounce extraction, used two cans of butane, and yeilded about 1 gram of very potent BHO.

More pics at www.thc4u.com

-DN

One gram only? I get around 10% return when running frosty trim and small fluff buds........I did a run today with a double tube Okief extractor and 4 cans of Vector.....I split around 70 grams between both tubes and got 6.8 grams of BHO (shatter)...........If I run buds I usually get 12-15% return...The best I got so far was both tubes filled with 2 1/2 oz Lemon Kush buds........I got 12 grams that time! (20%)

:unsure:

One gram only? I get around 10% return when running frosty trim and small fluff buds........I did a run today with a double tube Okief extractor and 4 cans of Vector.....I split around 70 grams between both tubes and got 6.8 grams of BHO (shatter)...........If I run buds I usually get 12-15% return...The best I got so far was both tubes filled with 2 1/2 oz Lemon Kush buds........I got 12 grams that time! (20%)

I was wondering about the out put compared to ISO? And the consistency(ISO I know has the consistency of grease)of BHO? How much chlorophyll does butane carry? :unsure:

:unsure: I was wondering about the out put compared to ISO? And the consistency(ISO I know has the consistency of grease)of BHO? How much chlorophyll does butane carry? :unsure:

the return for QWISO is just about the same. roughly 10% depending on initial product. about 3 grams from each ounce of fine bud leaf trim.

as far as consistency, here's a shot of some QWISO

i keep mine in a small container in the fridge to keep it rock hard. when the time comes, i can just break off a small chunk.... or i can heat it back up to spread on a rolling paper if needed.

gallery_13801_60_1463065.jpg

as far as consistency, here's a shot of some QWISO

i keep mine in a small container in the fridge to keep it rock hard. when the time comes, i can just break off a small chunk.... or i can heat it back up to spread on a rolling paper if needed.

So when at room temp. it is more like sticky putty then. It doesn't look to green, how about when it is spreed thin like on a paper under light, over light?

all jokin aside in this column, i am really excited about trying my first go at BHO extraction

outdoors for me

max ventilation

butanes no joke....

i cant wait to try it...is there any threads on the best delivery methods? i know the basics, but i am curious, besides buying a octopus type awesome glass contraption with titanium roasters and all, whats the best way to administer a dose of BHO?

So when at room temp. it is more like sticky putty then. It doesn't look to green, how about when it is spreed thin like on a paper under light, over light?

correct. it is a bit more sticky at room temp.

i only use the best of the best trim and lower buds to make hash. everything else becomes butter.

i shake and strain mine pretty quick to avoid extraction of anything other than the THC. putting the iso and the trim on the freezer overnight help too. using lesser quality starting product can result in green gooey hash. so can using less than 99% iso.

if i get mine into the fridge right away, it stays a tan/brown color. once it gets handled a few times, it will become a dark brown.

all jokin aside in this column, i am really excited about trying my first go at BHO extraction

outdoors for me

max ventilation

butanes no joke....

i cant wait to try it...is there any threads on the best delivery methods? i know the basics, but i am curious, besides buying a octopus type awesome glass contraption with titanium roasters and all, whats the best way to administer a dose of BHO?

many many different ways.

small "oil burners" are available at the smoke shops for $15 or so:

gallery_13801_60_24486.jpg

or you can smear it on a rolling paper before adding your favorite meds and rolling one up.

many people drop a chunk right on top of a bowl of their favorite meds and let it bubble/melt all over.

nice thanks y'all

i just tried some Thursday evening that a friend brought over infused in some rolling papers....

i fear i am hooked

very pure, almost orgasmic medical experience....

a pure pain free experiance with almost instant results

i don't however roll to often, so i appreciate the other application methods...

goodjob.gifthumbsu.gifgoodjob.gif

I thought acetone would leave a heavy residual? How about MEK or Propane? Is there such a thing as filtered propane?

I tried BHO and other forms of hash and oils just two days ago.

They were much purer than what I make with the acetone.

Mine is a really thick and greasy green goo. Messy. Mine is a much thicker smoke.

I was blown away by these other forms of hash and oils. So glad I got to try all this stuff side by side. One toke in, and my back and neck loosened up. Way cool !!

Mine is easier to make, but I'm thinking I should at least learn one of these other recipes.

With around a 10:1 reduction, any of these methods is a great way to reduce the weight.... and keep the THC.

Even if you use bud trim, leaves, and stalks, instead of bud, you still get some great hash or oil.

• 2 months later...

if you have a hotplate or a electric heating element you can further refine Bho to "budder" NOT butter.. Not the thing you put on toast.

what you do is you put in on Verry low heat and place it in a pyrex dish.

then take something like a small craft knife or something similar, with the blade mix the bho and it will dry and harden to small lumps and it smokes great.

your goal it to dry it solid and its fantabulas.

• 4 months later...

I am one of those folks who can not smoke anything without hacking and choking till I puke... But I CAN and DO vape... and BHO is GREAT on a tiny bit of bud in a vape! I keep it wrapped in parchment paper in the freezer and chip-off a bit as needed...

I definitely notice a difference in color & consistency based on what is used (pure Bud,Mix of trim and Bud, and different strains) and it isn't much different in the ''stickiness" than ISO hash IF the ISO isn't evaporated with heat (then it gets crumbly).

Have a friend that mixes his BHO with Keif to make a putty-- and rolls it into itty-bitty balls to smoke it... I tried it.. definately MUCH nicer in the Vaporizer than just Bud!

Archived