Transfering From Veg To Flower

totung

I am trying to wrap my head around how to properly transfer the plants from veg to flower.

My veg room is on 18/6. The lights are off from 11 PM to 5 AM.

Obviously the flower room will be 12/12. The lights will be off from 12 AM to 12 PM (noon).

From what I have been reading, it is a good idea to give the plants a 24 hours rest without light before they go into flower.

If that is the case, how should the transition work between the two rooms?

I am thinking once the veg room lights go out at 11 PM for the last time, to take the plants out right at that time and put them into the flower room.

But, that leaves me with the problem of allowing them to sit for 24 hours.

Here is an example.

Let's say tonight (12/7), when the lights to off at 11 PM in the veg room, I remove the plants immediately and put them into the dark flower room.

24 hours from then would put me at 12/8 at 11 PM.

But, I want the light in the flower room to be on from 12 PM (noon) to 12 AM.

So, I would need to wait until 12/9 at 12 PM (noon) for the lights to go on.

That would mean the plants would be sitting for 48 hours before the lights go on.

Not sure how to go about this...

Thanks in advance for the help!

I am trying to wrap my head around how to properly transfer the plants from veg to flower.

My veg room is on 18/6. The lights are off from 11 PM to 5 AM.

Obviously the flower room will be 12/12. The lights will be off from 12 AM to 12 PM (noon).

From what I have been reading, it is a good idea to give the plants a 24 hours rest without light before they go into flower.

If that is the case, how should the transition work between the two rooms?

I am thinking once the veg room lights go out at 11 PM for the last time, to take the plants out right at that time and put them into the flower room.

But, that leaves me with the problem of allowing them to sit for 24 hours.

Here is an example.

Let's say tonight (12/7), when the lights to off at 11 PM in the veg room, I remove the plants immediately and put them into the dark flower room.

24 hours from then would put me at 12/8 at 11 PM.

But, I want the light in the flower room to be on from 12 PM (noon) to 12 AM.

So, I would need to wait until 12/9 at 12 PM (noon) for the lights to go on.

That would mean the plants would be sitting for 48 hours before the lights go on.

Not sure how to go about this...

Thanks in advance for the help!

Be realy Careful! You have to time it perfectly! :lol:

Just switch em dude!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I am just going to pull them out of the veg room 12 hours early and put them into the flower room.

That way, when 12 PM (noon) comes around the next day, they will have been sitting for 24 hours in the dark.

As for the 1000watt HPS, how close to the tops of the plants should the light be?

Guest Happy Guy

If it's a cooled fixture you can get it as close as 6 inches away from the tops. Maybe even closer if you get a fan blowing in that area right between the plant and the light. You will get some foxtailing from having the light close. Foxtailing; a little bud on top of the big bud.

From what I have read, they are more prone to hermie if you don't let them sit without light for 24 hours in between the transition.

Thinking too much into it man, think about what happens in mother nature. Do we get 24 hours of total darkness between the seasons? Nope. So why would going straight from 18/6 to 12/12 cause problems? If anything I'd think it'd be the opposite, and giving it total darkness for 24 hours would stress it and possibly cause problems - but thats just my oppinion.

I place my plants into flower at 12 inches that minute no waiting simple light adjusting such as placing in flower mid daylight has never adversely affected any of my crops Ive grown since June of 09.

Growing quality cannabis is easy and way more fun when you relax and enjoy yourself and dont sweat the small stuff.

Archived