How Many Plants Is The Cap?

emotes

The way I read the law and I know many agree with me is:

A) A caregiver may grow 12 plants x 5 patients = 60

IF the said CG is a patient then:

B) Any patient over 18 may grow their own 12 plants

Total of 72 plants in one facility for 1 caregiver who has 5 patients as well as being a patient him/herself

A show on Marijuana last night said 100 (illegal) plants is 5 years min without parole and 1000+ is way more severe but I cannot remember what they punishment was, but since none of us will be growing a 1000 plants at once (I hope not lol) I do not think it applies to us... The shows name was Marijuana: A Chronic History.. It was a nice show to watch not biased and really looked into the medical marijuana industry and introduced new standards coming into practice that I thought was interesting ,,, check it out!

MiMeds4U

A show on Marijuana last night said 100 (illegal) plants is 5 years min without parole and 1000+ is way more severe but I cannot remember what they punishment was, but since none of us will be growing a 1000 plants at once (I hope not lol) I do not think it applies to us... The shows name was Marijuana: A Chronic History.. It was a nice show to watch not biased and really looked into the medical marijuana industry and introduced new standards coming into practice that I thought was interesting ,,, check it out!

Nope the federal laws absolutely apply to us. They shouldn't but they do. If you are charged federally 49 plants or less carries no minimum sentencing from my understanding.

It seems you could grow enough meds and have available at all times with many less that 72. I have only grown 2 small plants so I have very little experience but it still seems you would end up with much more than what most would use. Most people I have talked with say they use 2oz or less per month. A small plant will produce more than 2oz. It makes sense what you say about having 3 for 4 stages of growth but I am gonna try to work it smaller once I start growing for more than myself.

I would go with as few as possible,,,, why would anyone need that many plants for 5-6 people

fed cap is 50, if you get cuaght with over 50 you are violating a fed law! Id just try and stay under that, yea I dont know why any one needs 12 plants going pr pt. If i had that many growing it would only be becuase im growing several strains, creating a new strain. mothers, clones, seeds sprouting! as soon as i got what i wanted out of all that id back it down to under 50 (that is if you want to be legal and folllow the law im sure you know at this time you still may get aressted staying within ur limits)

Peace

FTW

Jim

Then again, your patients may request you grow only three plants for them, each! Your total would max at 27.

sorry ms chocolate if i get grow rites, the only thing the pt will have a say in is the meds they recieve, they cant give me 3 plants grow rites, you get to grow 12, all the c.g needs to do is make sure they get the rite meds for the pt, make sure they have a constant supply and are happy, other than that, my plant count will be what i decide it will be, within the legal limits!

Merry Christmas

Peace

FTW

Jim

If You are making simpson oil for someone You care about and are trying to save their life.I will plant as many as it takes to ensure I did my best to keep them in meds.Off the top of my head I believe it takes about 2 pounds of Bud to make 2 ounces of Oil.

The AD section of the law states

(2) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition; and

(3) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

(b) A person may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana in a motion to dismiss, and the charges shall be dismissed following an evidentiary hearing where the person shows the elements listed in subsection (a).

© If a patient or a patient's primary caregiver demonstrates the patient's medical purpose for using marihuana pursuant to this section, the patient and the patient's primary caregiver shall not be subject to the following for the patient's medical use of marihuana:

(1) disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau; or

(2) forfeiture of any interest in or right to property

It seems you could grow enough meds and have available at all times with many less that 72. I have only grown 2 small plants so I have very little experience but it still seems you would end up with much more than what most would use. Most people I have talked with say they use 2oz or less per month. A small plant will produce more than 2oz. It makes sense what you say about having 3 for 4 stages of growth but I am gonna try to work it smaller once I start growing for more than myself.

There is a big difference between a Sea of Green operation and the way most of us have been forced into growing because of the 12 plant limit.

Don't some States have a square footage deal? I would guess jamming a ton of little guys in there could easily get you a very high plant count with a group in the flower room and a group rooting and early vegging....

To clear up a misperception on this thread- marijuana cultivation is a federal felony if you only have 1 plant. It has never been challenged on that small an amount (I don't think anyway) because the Commerce Clause argument could entirely derail prohibition- but that is a different thread.

In practice they rarely charge federally below 100 plants (the lowest I have ever heard of was I think 83 plants from some vocal activist). I an sure there are lower counts that were prosecuted federally.

Under President Obama, the Ogden Memo states that marijuana prosecutions of people that are in 'clear and unambiguous compliance with State law' is not a good use of federal resources.

So if I were a CG with 5 patients I would have no trouble going up to 72 plants.

Not legal advice, etc.

i just wanna hit on this real quick.

a SOG IS NOT WHAT WE DO.

unless you are a fortunate one, a sea of green should not even be close to your vocabulary.

a sea of green is growing MULTIPLE single stem plants very closely together, ..very very quickly for optimal yield. this system works, and works well..... but the plant count needed to perform this correctly is about 3-1 compared to our laws here.

SOG is for illegal growers who are trying to get the most as fast as they can.............. without plant limits.

there is no way (and i grow in bubbles, super fast) that you can SOG under our laws and succeed..... that is..... the true meaning of the SOG.

• 3 years later...