Budding Mother

420 grower

So I got a mother plant that's about four feet tall and I took a bunch of cuttings from her. I also just had her under soft light as my veg room was under construction. Now I'm noticing her staring to flower all over. Could this be from not being under the 1000 watts she's used to or stress from all the cuts? I'm considering just budding her out but I don't know if shell get a lot taller or just bush out. I think she's about a year old. I can't get any clones to root no matter what I try. Help please. Is budding her a bad idea being that she's so big?

i would try to take bigger cuttings unless you don;t car about the plant but i guess you do because you have had it for a year now make sure your cuttings stay nice and warm it'd cold out their now thats what i do and cuttings take me a little loner to get roots the way i do it we just don't have the money for the Fancy stuff and we are OK with it taking a little longer 3-4 week for us

with the fancy stuff i have gotten roots in 10 days that was a record back inn the day

So I got a mother plant that's about four feet tall and I took a bunch of cuttings from her. I also just had her under soft light as my veg room was under construction. Now I'm noticing her staring to flower all over. Could this be from not being under the 1000 watts she's used to or stress from all the cuts? I'm considering just budding her out but I don't know if shell get a lot taller or just bush out. I think she's about a year old. I can't get any clones to root no matter what I try. Help please. Is budding her a bad idea being that she's so big?

I bet the stems are harder than hell huh? I had the same problems with hard stemmed older plants getting theyre clones to root

I had to pull a couple plants out of flower with buds on them, because of powdery mildew.

It's taken a while, and a whole shyt load of trimming, but the plants are re-vegging. So it can be done. I'd get her back under the 1000 watt.

For clones, I would build / buy a cloner like Mr. Wilson makes. My first run, was 100% rooting. I'll show pictures and let you know what the turnout for the load below is:

2740712.jpg?502

The mainstem is hard but it has a lot of smaller branches on it. I can't clone anything. Plants from seed either. My buddy can take a cutting and have roots ina week or two. About a week and a half in jus regular light. Like light bulbs in my dining room. Now she's under a t5

Soft white simulates sunlight in the fall.

Daylight white has much more blue in it.

I've noticed that plants respond to changes in light color. Taking them from blue/white to orange/white would tell them to flower.

Even tho its in light 24 hours? Now she's under a T5 with both spectrum bulbs.

I believe so.

It is possible that there is a problem with the roots also.

A plant will try to flower if it thinks it is about to die.

But from what you describe, it sounds like it was the shift in the light color.

I also think it is better to give the plant some sleep time. But if it has been under 24 it's whole life then leave it be.

What is the point of a cooler instead of a tote?

It has a pump inside and pvc with sprayers. There is a youtube vid of the guy makin it. Cooler seals it better. My bud has one like the cooler type with the pump and all but he had to seal the lid permanently to stop it from leaking. Plus cooler has a drain too.

It has a pump inside and pvc with sprayers. There is a youtube vid of the guy makin it. Cooler seals it better. My bud has one like the cooler type with the pump and all but he had to seal the lid permanently to stop it from leaking. Plus cooler has a drain too.

His is in a tote forgot to mention that.

Not sure what it was under. I just gother a few weeks ago. She's in a 5 gallon bucket tho. If she keeps showin flowers ima bud that beeotch.

PB is right on this. A plant of unknown history or condition may have been stressed. A stressed plant may attempt to flower regardless of lighting conditions. Survival of the species so to say. I wouldn't trust her if I hadn't raised her or very much trusted those I got her from. She'd be high on my list of undesirables.

Archived