Any One Use Organic Tea ?

69AARVIPER

I make mine by mixing castings, guano and kelp in a bucket, adding water and molasses and let it get bubbled by an air pump. I use it anywhere from 24-72 hours after beginning. What makes you think yours isn't brewing, viper?

Well its always Bubbled up and Bio-slimed out Very well.

But had 2 batches in a row now that did/would not finish out for me?

Only thing thats changed is it getting colder in the brew room/Veggie?

And does not get that nice Earthy smell it kinda stinks like i dumped that molasses on the floor Strong! Man!

Thanks for recipe !:thumbsu:

Mezz, would you please share some more detail? I'd love to hear about what types of Guano and portions, and whether the Kelp you use is powdered or liquid. if you prefer to PM me with that info, i'd still love to hear it.

My current method uses the same ingredients for veg and flower except for the guano. Worm castings (1-0-0,) kelp (1-0-2) and molasses are added to every batch. Vegging plants get Peruvian seabird guano (10-10-2.) Budding plants get the Peruvian seabird also for the first two to three weeks of flower. Then they get Jamaican bat guano (.5-12-2) until the last week or two of flowering when the plants get straight water to finish. The kelp is in a rough powder form, just little bits of kelp.

As far as amounts I don't exactly know. :lol: Usually about a tablespoon of castings, a teaspoon of kelp and a tablespoon of guano with a couple tablespoons of molasses, but it is variable. A little goes a long way with teas. Very inexpensive way to feed plants.

I am actually looking for alternatives to guano since I read about the environmental destruction the industry causes in places that produce it. In Peru in the 19th century they had islands that were several stories high with guano. Now workers have to scratch it out of the sand. Caves are getting destroyed, it's not good. Compost is good, but I don't know about for flowering.

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

My current method uses the same ingredients for veg and flower except for the guano. Worm castings (1-0-0,) kelp (1-0-2) and molasses are added to every batch. Vegging plants get Peruvian seabird guano (10-10-2.) Budding plants get the Peruvian seabird also for the first two to three weeks of flower. Then they get Jamaican bat guano (.5-12-2) until the last week or two of flowering when the plants get straight water to finish. The kelp is in a rough powder form, just little bits of kelp.

As far as amounts I don't exactly know. :lol: Usually about a tablespoon of castings, a teaspoon of kelp and a tablespoon of guano with a couple tablespoons of molasses, but it is variable. A little goes a long way with teas. Very inexpensive way to feed plants.

I am actually looking for alternatives to guano since I read about the environmental destruction the industry causes in places that produce it. In Peru in the 19th century they had islands that were several stories high with guano. Now workers have to scratch it out of the sand. Caves are getting destroyed, it's not good. Compost is good, but I don't know about for flowering.

Pretty close too what im doing.

I like to Seperatly give @ flower add a little Big Up !

I agree Does not get that monster bud with just! Bat Turds Soup :sword:

Dose it smell like rotten crap or just another strong smell? If it smells like sulfur or bogy marshland then the bacteria that dominate the tea are probably anaerobic, and should not be used. If this is what you smell do you think that there is something wrong with the air pump or stone? have you used the air stone in the past with synthetics? I have done this before and it didn't smell rotten but also did not show signs of many micro beasties either. I have also tried to use too much guano, kelp, fish emulsion ect. and it dose not brew well and turns anaerobic quickly. What are the temps on your tea, maybe try and put a heating mat under half of the bucket. Just some ideas, hope you get it sorted soon.

I like your tea recipe mighty mighty mezz

I grow using all organic nutrients, but have yet to make a tea. What kind of system do you use to brew it?

5 gallon bucket with a small airstone in the bottom for me

1/2 cup EW casting, 1/2 cup ground alfalfa pellets with 1 Tbl molasses all in 5 gallons of water. leave it for close to 2 days with an air stone. Then filter (I use a cone shaped colander) and water when ready. This is the full strength version so use 1/2 amounts to start off with, especially if already on a nutrient regimen.

For my soil grow(Happy Frog), i use Age Old Kelp, Age Old Grow, Age Old Bloom, and Earth Juice Catalyst. I brew the catalyst and Kelp with the Oregonism grow or bloom for about 5 hours or so before feeding while bubbling the gallon of water i have added the amendments to.

I usually feed feed water for my pattern (generally). Because of the multistrain nature of my grow, i have to adjust how much nutrient rich water and how much plain water for each individual flowering plant. In veg, they get feed feed water, as well as a light Kelp and water foliar spritz as often as possible.

That is really cool Mezz. how long do you bubble before feeding? Are you using RO water? Do you use any Micorrhiza? Knowing your preferences, do you prefer an organic black strap molasses? any preferred brand?

Anywhere from one to three days of bubbling. Water is from the tap until I get a filter. I just draw it the night before and let it sit.

Haven't added any mycorrhizae products yet. My friend has some Humboldt Nutrients mycorrhizae I want to try out.

I just get whatever organic molasses they have at the store.

has anyone tried to use natural maple syrup as a replacement for molasses. I just picked up some and am going ot test it out. it has lower values of calcium and iron so I will need to use a bit more I would guess. The lable dose not say anything about magnesium so I think this part may be lacking but not sure? Anyone know about maple surip? all they do it boil it down right? I just want to make sure its an organic process and to see if there is any Mg in there just not on the label.

I will probably mix molasses and the maple surip together and see how that works.

• 3 weeks later...

1337, now that I think about it I have mycorrizae already in the form of fresh homemade worm castings. I've been feeding them scraps for nine months and am now able to harvest castings at will. Today I made one of my first teas with homemade ewc plus I added it to the medium during a transplant today. Hopefully they go crazy about it. I'm pretty sure it's way better than store-bought ewc, probably because it can only harbor far greater beneficial bacterial/fungal growth.

1337, now that I think about it I have mycorrizae already in the form of fresh homemade worm castings. I've been feeding them scraps for nine months and am now able to harvest castings at will. Today I made one of my first teas with homemade ewc plus I added it to the medium during a transplant today. Hopefully they go crazy about it. I'm pretty sure it's way better than store-bought ewc, probably because it can only harbor far greater beneficial bacterial/fungal growth.

yeah, and you have 100% control of what they are feeding on.

has anyone gotten bug Infestation from home made worm castings? I have two large bins, but am scared to use because of bugs that look like red spider mites. I have been using the other bin which also has smaller other bugs but not as many.

By the way if you put tomatoes or any other mellon seeds in the bin and do not filter, you will end up with seedlings popping up from the pots. I kinda like it, I don't have to plant for the sumer anymore.

has anyone gotten bug Infestation from home made worm castings? I have two large bins, but am scared to use because of bugs that look like red spider mites. I have been using the other bin which also has smaller other bugs but not as many.

By the way if you put tomatoes or any other mellon seeds in the bin and do not filter, you will end up with seedlings popping up from the pots. I kinda like it, I don't have to plant for the sumer anymore.

From what I gather the kind of mites that live in compost bins are not harmful to plants. We were surprised to find nice looking potatoes in our bin.

I began brewing teas when I started using earth juice nutes to bring up the ph. I use a gallon milk jug with the top cut off. I find air stones to be useless, they just muck up. I use three pumps with just the airhose, feed the hoses through the handle so they stay in the bottom and just spread them out, it has enough air and stirs enough on its own to stay aerobic. Last couple runs Ive been amending the guanos and kelp, ect. into the soil with layers and spikes, still feeding ewc teas, and am getting better results than I ever had with just feeding teas. Good thread on IC https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=189681

Edited by wingdings