Royal Smoke's Flower Room

Royal Smoke

So, I wanted to have my very own running journal on the site, but I didn't want to do just one harvest, so I created this "Flower Room" thread.

Here are the first of many plants to go into the flower room. These are the 2 monsters that I've been growing since July. I had a huge outbreak of Powdery Mildew while they were in Flower the first time. I tried all kinds of things for the Powdery Mildew, until finally the Sulfur Burn worked. I fried them a couple times and had to baby them in Veg for quite a while.

I will have many more pictures posted on my site, but I will post quite a few on here as well.

http://www.hydroponi...lower-room.html

White Widow up front, Strawberry Chronic in the back.

7431209.jpg?3439682832.jpg?345

This is my new Flower room, which will have to expand as the plant count goes up.

Edited by Royal Smoke

Royal I know you didn't ask, but may I offer an opinion?

With the plants so big and bushy, they are going to grow into and above the lights. Instead of increasing your count, these plants could be pruned and trained like a bonzai. I would bend or tie down the main branches to grow sideways. Then you could thin out some of the many many nodes there to produce larger buds and colas. I find scrappy little buds annoying and time consuming to trim after harvest. With the fact of your past problems with PM you want good airflow through the trees and the ability to see into the inner growth and monitor every branch. Nothing crazy just a bit of thinning out is all I'm saying.

My friend those are some beautiful bushes! You should have an awesome harvest!

Royal I know you didn't ask, but may I offer an opinion?

With the plants so big and bushy, they are going to grow into and above the lights. Instead of increasing your count, these plants could be pruned and trained like a bonzai. I would bend or tie down the main branches to grow sideways. Then you could thin out some of the many many nodes there to produce larger buds and colas. I find scrappy little buds annoying and time consuming to trim after harvest. With the fact of your past problems with PM you want good airflow through the trees and the ability to see into the inner growth and monitor every branch. Nothing crazy just a bit of thinning out is all I'm saying.

My friend those are some beautiful bushes! You should have an awesome harvest!

Thanks guys! Yeah these pests ;) have been with me a while. They kinda throw off the canopy a bit if you know what I mean....

Thanks for the help David Son. I knew I was going to have to do something with em', but I wasn't sure what yet!

I think I'll have to perhaps lay down a larger 2 x 4 or something with some screws in it. (I've seen that somewhere) That way I can tie the branches down to the screws.

If you had any idea how much time I've spent pruning these plants in the past....... lol

(most people probably would have thrown them away long ago....)

Some of that bushy stuff is still re-vegging budding areas. These plants had buds on them when they went back into Veg! :lol: Had to do it....

David Son, would you suggest I clean up those old bud sites real well too? I mostly have, but it still looks a little freaky...

P.S. These plants were MONSTERS before:

001.JPG

Edited by Royal Smoke

Thanks for taking a look everybody!

So, I did prune the hell out of these two plants. I want air to circulate like you had suggested, David Son. I started to tie them, but I didn't get it done yet.

2354404.jpg?3408746500.jpg?339

Next on Deck..... 2 White Berry Plants...... probably tomorrow....

(All the way to the right on the bottom)

3338348.jpg?411

Edited by Royal Smoke

looks like you have the full 2" diameter on them trunks bud. very nice. bubbles done well :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

You peaked my interest, so I pulled out the measuring tape. One trunk is actually 4" and the other is 5" in diameter near the bottom of the trunk. Definitely some trees!

I just moved the 2 White Berry (White Widow x Blueberry) plants into the flower room. I put them on crates to give them a lift. These White Berry plants also had powdery mildew on them and I've had them since summer time. They had actually began to flower also, because at the time I only had the one light and it was flower time. I had traded for these on a whim and realized I couldn't possibly veg them at the time. They got the powdery mildew too.

They were in a coma like state for quite a while. I'll have to find some pictures. They were pretty pathetic looking....

9482141.jpg?3377729110.jpg?337

I've got some fresh pictures from this morning.

I 'built out' my flower room yesterday. I don't what that means to you, but to me this is what it means: taking out the staples from my white panda film and re-stapling it about 4 feet out. :D

I'm going to be bringing in another 600 watt hps light and some plants in the next few days. Hopefully that should take care of the temperature issue. It's on the colder side and I'd rather add a light and plants than pay for a heater....

Also, I'm going to start a separate thread entitled "Royal Smoke's Veg Room" cause I've got a bunch of nice pics from the veg room that don't really belong in here.

9395988.jpg?340754925.jpg?340

2304395.jpg?341502176.jpg?339

9962691.jpg?3384333917.jpg?325

2361479.jpg?3245412574.jpg?336

There's a couple more on my site...

Edited by Royal Smoke

Guest MosCutty

You got a jungle on your hands! Which my room was too cold, light it up bro!

Drop that 600 vertically in the middle and see what happens. :rolleyes:

Edited by MosCutty

[Excellent Pic's!!quote name=Royal Smoke' timestamp='1295367810' post='255069]

I've got some fresh pictures from this morning.

I 'built out' my flower room yesterday. I don't what that means to you, but to me this is what it means: taking out the staples from my white panda film and re-stapling it about 4 feet out. :D

I'm going to be bringing in another 600 watt hps light and some plants in the next few days. Hopefully that should take care of the temperature issue. It's on the colder side and I'd rather add a light and plants than pay for a heater....

Also, I'm going to start a separate thread entitled "Royal Smoke's Veg Room" cause I've got a bunch of nice pics from the veg room that don't really belong in here.

9395988.jpg?340754925.jpg?340

2304395.jpg?341502176.jpg?339

9962691.jpg?3384333917.jpg?325

2361479.jpg?3245412574.jpg?336

There's a couple more on my site...

wow Royal.....

ya really have some monsters going there...i trying to reach the ceiling with them ladies or what..:o

look's like it's coming together...:D

i have to aquire a camera....

great job!

Thanks a lot mibrains!

Yep, monsters for sure. These plants, I've had since July '10! They had a bunch of powdery mildew on them that I had to get rid of with a Sulfur burn.

My first grow, I had started 2 lemon cake plants and these two (white widow, strawberry chronic or cough idk anymore!)

These are still considered my first plants! :D

The lemon cake plants were not affected by the P.M., so I grew em' out and harvested them. These two have been babied for quite some time...

Only 2 things with the taller trees..

They need more light.

They need more water.

Yours have a nice straw to drink through though :thumbsu:

If you go vertical with the light you can't forget to spin your plants!!

Well, technically you can, but the flowers on the other side won't appreciate it! :growl:

You ain't kidding.....

Each of these girls were drinking a gallon a day for what seems like forever.....

Not so bad in flower though.....I'd say about half a gallon each.....

Once I get things situated, I've got to tie them both down much better. And I will surely give em' a spin every few days... :D

Edited by Royal Smoke

Never ending battle i say. Always something to do. Looks great.

You can say that again! I look forward to the day when it's just caring for the plants without all the building and shuffling. From what I see with other growers, it never ends.....

Here's a couple pics from last night. I came down with a cold, so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. Tonight is the night!

5831759.jpg?3465594047.jpg?336

Edited by Royal Smoke