Low Humidity - Basement Drying

Hey friends,

So I am about to harvest my first legal grow and will be drying the crop in my basement, which has extremely low humidity this time of year - my readings are 16-29% over 24 hours. Just curious how many days I want to let them hang and dry. A few of my friends that have medical cards seem to have problems with over drying, and end up with brittle buds. I don't want to lose that sticky goodness and was hoping that some folks here may have some advice related to drying in a low humidity basement.

Thanks in advance for any help!

crispy on the outside gooey at the center when you squeeze it is when it goes in jars. If too wet after a day or 2, put in paper bag for a day or 2 then back to the jars.

or

Get a box and hang the colas by poking holes in the cardboard and pushing the stem through.

Hey friends,

So I am about to harvest my first legal grow and will be drying the crop in my basement, which has extremely low humidity this time of year - my readings are 16-29% over 24 hours. Just curious how many days I want to let them hang and dry. A few of my friends that have medical cards seem to have problems with over drying, and end up with brittle buds. I don't want to lose that sticky goodness and was hoping that some folks here may have some advice related to drying in a low humidity basement.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I hang it for 2-3 days till crispy on outside, then transfer it to snap lid plastic containers. I check it every 4 hours. If it is too moist, I leave the lid of the container off and turn the stalks every 4-8 hours. I then regulate the dryness level by putting the lid on or taking it off. I continue this process for 10 days-2 weeks until I am satisfied that there is no chance of mold. Then I strip the stems and transfer to jars, seal them, and put them away.

I hang it for 2-3 days till crispy on outside, then transfer it to snap lid plastic containers. I check it every 4 hours. If it is too moist, I leave the lid of the container off and turn the stalks every 4-8 hours. I then regulate the dryness level by putting the lid on or taking it off. I continue this process for 10 days-2 weeks until I am satisfied that there is no chance of mold. Then I strip the stems and transfer to jars, seal them, and put them away.

eww, i know someone who also uses snap plastic containers. the plastic seems to absorb that awsome smell want.

i would hang dry 4 or five days till it feels krispy on the out side. dont worry there is a little moisture inside the bud and the stem. cut the bud off and fill glass jars. dont pack em down, leave it all fluffy. then leave the lid off for a day or 2. then seal it and wait a few hours and see what it does. i dont like the paper bag deal cause that is alot of abuse on your tric's. it wont take you long to find out what works best for ya.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What I do is hang is mine in a dry rack for 3-5 days contingent upon humidity where mine I like to keep around 35-40 percent during drying. Also make sure to alternate by flipping nugs daily. Once meds are dry, kinda crunchy to squeeze, I'll throw em in the glass jars, burping about 4-6 hours after. After that 24 hours in a dresser drawer with no interruption, continuing to burp daily for a few hours till they are finally cured.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived