Swampy's Free Leonard

Royal Smoke

Hello again everybody. I'm fairly new to the medical community and I've been hearing a lot about Swampy.

Before this evening, I only knew that I had a grow room full of his plants. :D

I'm hoping some others can shed some light on the man that SWAMPY Was.

I pulled up a couple things on Google. The first being an actual forum post from Swampy I found. It's from a different website.

http://treatingyours...hp?t-25612.html

Marco Renda 5th January 2008, 12:01 PM

I would like to let everyone know that these genetics will be available in the very near future. We have yet to determine the price for a pack of 10 seeds but I believe that it will be $60USD. Proceeds of the sale will be divided in 3 with 1/3 going to help Leonard, 1/3 goes to help other in need and 1/3 goes towards helping the TY shop in Amsterdam. The TY shop isn't open for business as of yet as we are waiting on our business permit but the folks of Next Generation Seeds are there getting the shop in place. There will be a NEW ad on the back cover of TY mag in 2008.

Once everything is all set up and the shop is able to take orders for seeds I will let you all know

Take Care and Peace

Marco

Swampy 5th January 2008, 03:23 PM

Thank You Marco sounds perfect :D I usually get around 80% females from the Free Leonard

TwistedSister 5th January 2008, 03:24 PM

GREAT!!! Can't wait for them to be on sale!!!

THANKS

Twisted Sister

Julie Kalidi 5th January 2008, 03:37 PM

HOLY What How where did this come from.........I have been gone for a couple days and TY has a shop in Amdam!!!!!! Crazy cool.

RatherBBurnin 5th January 2008, 03:56 PM

Great news on the shop in Amsterdam marco, and thanks for swampy for helping not only TY.. but leonard as well... ive read a bit on his case and stuggle... maybe we can get a free mumia strain going as well swampy.... $60 seems like a reasonable price for a pack of seed, affordable for quality beans..

S_a_H 5th January 2008, 04:36 PM

Is the TY website going to supprt the TY store ? If the TY has its own online site can we get a sneak peek at it ? ETA ? Do you get out of bed on the right or left side ?

S_a_H Marco Renda 5th January 2008, 05:09 PM

Is the TY website going to supprt the TY store ? If the TY has its own online site can we get a sneak peek at it ? ETA ? Do you get out of bed on the right or left side ?

S_a_H

Right now it's just called the TY shop but in actuality it's a joint venture with Next Generation Seeds and Green Life Seeds. TY is who is applying for the business licence as I was born in Malta which is part of the European Union so it is easier for me to open up a business than it would be for someone who is born outside of the European Union.

TY will be support the shop as much as it can. Not sure if there is going to be a seperate website for the shop.

Well it depends on if you are looking at the headboard LOL

But to tell you the truth I get out of BOTH SIDES of the bed

Take Care and Peace

Marco

SSoG 5th January 2008, 08:40 PM

Do a yahoo search for G 13 x BSH or BH there are a few very impressive pics and reports out there.....

Seed germination is not an issue, straight out of the dryed buds, i had 100% germination, in fact, in a shallow dish of water in a warm location, most germinated in one full day, and all were ready to play by day three.

Free Leonard does great outdoors and is a big tree, the meds are of a quality that is very inspirational, and uplifting, but

it is indoors FL really shines, it's stature is more compact and it loads on the crystals to the point of being encrusted.

FL allso has a tendency to yellow and drop its leaves when harvest time nears.

im sure there is lots i am forgetting,

it really is a nice plant, with lots of positive energy.

Peace &1 SSoG

BigDaddyc9 5th January 2008, 08:46 PM

Swampy-are these beans and this strain part of those butterscotches that we had a while back? Indoors were definately some awesome meds and before Ty went down that time I had some awesome grow pics of those 'scotches from my indoor grow.The beans sound like they are right up my alley and there is room in my medicine cabinent for some of that.Peace and One Love BigD

smokinbasser 5th January 2008, 10:16 PM

I have found that my strain of G13 backcrossed to G13 bsh detests being cloned when in flower.I have been taking mine two weeks before the flip to 12/12. I do not want to do any more seeds starts.This is a great med strain, supposedly it won two years in a row at an ohio med pot smoke off.

greenman 5th January 2008, 11:26 PM

Very impressive >> I've atually grown this out b4 a few times and it is an excellent cross>> BTW Swampy How are You? it's been a long time>> GM

Swampy 6th January 2008, 02:54 AM

Hi GM it's great to be back and see old friends :D yep they are the same beans only last summers seed crop. I can't find another strain strong enough to replace Free Leonard yet but the Sour Bubble is compareable to this years Free Leonard but it didn't mature so is only a 9.

jb247 6th January 2008, 09:05 PM

I had the same problem with my outdoor grow of Free Leonard, very low yield, but tasty just the same...I like the taste of the indoor grow better, but no one complained about the outdoor either...just wondering when the seeds will be available?

Peace...j.b.

Marco Renda 7th January 2008, 06:03 AM

I had the same problem with my outdoor grow of Free Leonard, very low yield, but tasty just the same...I like the taste of the indoor grow better, but no one complained about the outdoor either...just wondering when the seeds will be available?

Peace...j.b.

Real soon! We may have to look for another location for the TY shop as I got word yesterday that the landlady is now wanting to renage on our lease as she doesn't want a shop that sells seeds and promotes medical marijuana. Apparently some of the neighbors saw the display that was put up and went and complained so we are going to see what can be worked out or move to another location.

So they will be available through the Next Generation Seeds website ASAP as I need to get the genetics sent out to them.

Take Care and Peace

Marco

Trigger Hippy 12th February 2008, 03:40 PM

are they ready yet, by chance..? hopefully......please.........:D

Marco Renda 12th February 2008, 05:36 PM

They will have them available by Friday of next week. Their website is down at the present time due to expiration of domain name but it should be up and running again by the end of the day tomorrow

Take Care and Peace

Marco kenbev40 29th February 2008, 08:05 PM

Were can I get some Marco

Marco Renda 29th February 2008, 09:55 PM

Were can I get some Marco

http://www.greenlifeseeds.com

Download their order form and print it then put in FREE LEONARD on the order form

The FREE LEONARD genetics comes in packs of 10 seeds and are selling for $60USD

1/3 of all the proceeds goes to help Leonard Peltier

Take Care and Peace

Marco Renda

kenbev40 1st March 2008, 11:21 AM

Thank you!

kenbev40 1st March 2008, 12:50 PM

I've been looking for the Butterscotch Hawaiian for a very long time it's was told to me that it is the best Medicine for chronic pain. Then I was told that it was myth or a dream or something like that. G-13 is something I've smoked before as a mix with Purple Granddad I love this flavor and man what a releif for what ever hurts. The mix has got to be heaven on earth bring some peace to these old bones and a half. A personally thank to Swampy for building this perfice beast and thanks to Marco for proving what I though might be a dream to something real!

Your friend Ken Hopefully Safe

Stoner 8th March 2008, 01:01 AM

hi yall,

well, i have some untouched . they will stay that way until i have time because so much is ahead of them.

i was encouraged to hear about it's pain killing properties though.

when i do get to them i'll make a bean run of course. :) oh yeah at 1st i thought the BH stood for block head lol.:o

ps. i'm a bit confused ios Free Leonard A NEW NAME GIVEN TO THE STRAIN??? THX.

Swampy 8th March 2008, 04:11 AM

Yes Free Leonard is a new name for the same strain just the next generation, hopefully the new name will bring awareness to Leonard Peltier

Free Leonard in '08 and not thru Heaven's gate

Next, I found this:

http://www.freeleona...case/index.html

QUICK FACTS

CASE OF LEONARD PELTIER

leonard_bw.jpg

• Leonard Peltier is an imprisoned Native American considered by Amnesty International, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, National Congress of American Indians, the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Center for Human Rights, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Rev. Jesse Jackson, among many others, to be a political prisoner who should be immediately released.

• Leonard Peltier was convicted for the deaths of two FBI agents who died during a 1975 shoot-out on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Mr. Peltier has been in prison for over 29 years.

• The Wounded Knee occupation of 1973 marked the beginning of a three-year period of political violence on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. The tribal chairman hired vigilantes, self titled as “GOONS,” to rid the reservation of American Indian Movement (AIM) activity and sentiment. More than 60 traditional tribal members and AIM members were murdered and scores more were assaulted. Evidence indicated GOON responsibility in the majority of crimes but despite a large FBI presence, nothing was done to stop the violence. The FBI supplied the GOONS with intelligence on AIM members and looked away as GOONS committed crimes. One former GOON member reported that the FBI supplied him with armor piercing ammunition.

• Leonard Peltier was an AIM leader and was asked by traditional people at Pine Ridge, South Dakota, to support and protect the traditional people being targeted for violence. Mr. Peltier and a small group of young AIM members set up camp on a ranch owned by the traditional Jumping Bull family.

• On June 26, 1975 two FBI agents in unmarked cars followed a pick-up truck onto the Jumping Bull ranch. The families immediately became alarmed and feared an attack. Shots were heard and a shoot-out erupted. More than 150 agents, GOONS, and law enforcement surrounded the ranch.

• When the shoot-out ended the two FBI agents and one Native American lay dead. The agents were injured in the shoot-out and were then shot at close range. The Native American, Joseph Stuntz, was shot in the head by a sniper’s bullet. Mr. Stuntz’s death has never been investigated, nor has anyone ever been charged in connection with his death.

• According to FBI documents, more than 40 Native Americans participated in the gunfight, but only AIM members Bob Robideau, Darrell Butler, and Leonard Peltier were brought to trial.

• Mr. Robideau and Mr. Butler were arrested first and went to trial. A federal jury in Iowa acquitted them on grounds of self-defense, finding that their participation in the shoot-out was justified given the climate of fear that existed on the Pine Ridge Reservation. Further, they could not be tied to the close-range shootings.

• Leonard Peltier was arrested in Canada on February 6, 1976, along with Frank Blackhorse, a.k.a. Frank Deluca. The United States presented the Canadian court with affidavits signed by Myrtle Poor Bear who said she was Mr. Peltier’s girlfriend and allegedly saw him shoot the agents. In fact, Ms. Poor Bear had never met Mr. Peltier and was not present during the shoot-out. Soon after, Ms. Poor Bear recanted her statements and said the FBI threatened her and coerced her into signing the affidavits.

• Mr. Peltier was extradited to the United States where he was tried in 1977. The trial was held in North Dakota before United States District Judge Paul Benson, a conservative jurist appointed to the federal bench by Richard M. Nixon. Key witnesses like Myrtle Poor Bear were not allowed to testify and unlike the Robideau/Butler trial in Iowa, evidence regarding violence on Pine Ridge was severely restricted.

• An FBI agent who had previously testified that the agents followed a pick-up truck onto the scene, a vehicle that could not be tied to Mr. Peltier, changed his account, stating that the agents had followed a red and white van onto the scene, a vehicle which Mr. Peltier drove occasionally.

• Three teenaged Native witnesses testified against Mr. Peltier, they all later admitted that the FBI forced them to testify. Still, not one witness identified Mr. Peltier as the shooter.

• The U.S. Attorney prosecuting the case claimed that the government had provided the defense with all FBI documents concerning the case. To the contrary, more than 140,000 pages had been withheld in their entirety.

• An FBI ballistics expert testified that a casing found near the agents’ bodies matched the gun tied to Mr. Peltier. However, a ballistic test proving that the casing did not come from the gun tied to Mr. Peltier was intentionally concealed.

• The jury, unaware of the aforementioned facts, found Mr. Peltier guilty. Judge Benson, in turn, sentenced Mr. Peltier to two consecutive life terms.

• Following the discovery of new evidence obtained through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, Mr. Peltier sought a new trial. The Eighth Circuit ruled, “There is a possibility that the jury would have acquitted Leonard Peltier had the records and data improperly withheld from the defense been available to him in order to better exploit and reinforce the inconsistencies casting strong doubts upon the government's case." Yet, the court denied Mr. Peltier a new trial.

• During oral argument, the government attorney conceded that the government does not know who shot the agents, stating that Mr. Peltier is equally guilty whether he shot the agents at point-blank range, or participated in the shoot-out from a distance. Mr. Peltier’s co-defendants participated in the shoot-out from a distance, but were acquitted.

• Judge Heaney, who authored the decision denying a new trial, has since voiced firm support for Mr. Peltier’s release, stating that the FBI used improper tactics to convict Mr. Peltier, the FBI was equally responsible for the shoot-out, and that Mr. Peltier's release would promote healing with Native Americans.

• Mr. Peltier has served over 29 years in prison and is long overdue for parole. He has received several human rights awards for his good deeds from behind bars which include annual gift drives for the children of Pine Ridge, fund raisers for battered women’s shelters, and donations of his paintings to Native American recovery programs.

• Mr. Peltier suffers from diabetes, high blood pressure, and a heart condition. Time for justice is short.

• Currently, Mr. Peltier’s attorneys have filed a new round of Freedom of Information Act requests with FBI Headquarters and all FBI field offices in an attempt to secure the release of all files relating to Mr. Peltier and the RESMURS investigation. To date, the FBI has engaged in a number of dilatory tactics in order to avoid the processing of these requests.

Swampy created these seeds to sell and then contributed 1/3 of the money to help Leonard Peltier with his defense case.

Thus became Swampy's Free Leonard

And Link to Leonard (thanks Rambozo42)

And here's an interesting thread of Swampy's from our very own site about the prices out in Cali:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/33-how-much-does-medical-marijuana-cost/page__st__20

Edited by Royal Smoke

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think this strain should be spread all over the place and some of the "donations" from it should be put back into cases like this, where people need help. We have to fight back. I will be looking for this strain after my plastic card arrives and i will spread it and give back to the MM community that needs help. I hope i can find this strain when the time is right. I think there may be a certain DR in the middle of the state that may be able to help me out.Hopefully.

Respect for posting this.

47+reps for the research.

as a cali native and newbie to the wolverine state, i heard about this strain first back in april 2010 on this site.

it seemed to be an "heirloom" to the movement and i quickly took interest. there were/are a few great journals and a lot of great pics on the site.

i never saw a pic or heard a word that made the plant look bad......... it was nothing but good.

then i heard of a few seeds laying around and i heard about a couple different phenos that are truly different in flower time.

either way, it is my wish to obtain this strain very soon (hint hint)........... but i was always with understanding that it should always be passed around for free/cheap/in the spirit/whatever......................

i think its a great idea if everyone who obtains swampy's free leonard over this coming year make a small donation to the MMMA in good faith.

just a thought........ i know i will throw a $20 at the MMMA if anyone ever comes through with a cut for me :)

Great post Royal Smoke I did not know Swampy but how he was trying to get that man free ranks high in my opinion.And now thanks to him is a strain that has more depth and purpose than any I have ever heard of.If I ever get my hands on a cut I will be sure to send some money towards leonard the man has spent more than 34 years and counting.Also every Free Leonard post I have run across I feel compelled to play this song.

as a cali native and newbie to the wolverine state, i heard about this strain first back in april 2010 on this site.

it seemed to be an "heirloom" to the movement and i quickly took interest. there were/are a few great journals and a lot of great pics on the site.

i never saw a pic or heard a word that made the plant look bad......... it was nothing but good.

then i heard of a few seeds laying around and i heard about a couple different phenos that are truly different in flower time.

either way, it is my wish to obtain this strain very soon (hint hint)........... but i was always with understanding that it should always be passed around for free/cheap/in the spirit/whatever......................

i think its a great idea if everyone who obtains swampy's free leonard over this coming year make a small donation to the MMMA in good faith.

just a thought........ i know i will throw a $20 at the MMMA if anyone ever comes through with a cut for me :)

I'll have a cut or two for you in a few weeks BG. My dad lives in Livonia, and I'll be heading down for a visit. I've come to learn that the "free" doesn't mean that it's supposed to be passed along without compensation, but I think your idea has virtue. The MMMA has had quite a positive impact in my life. I'd be more than happy to share.

You know there's a clone here for you anytime you want it bro...

Tom (Swampy) Higgins was a great man. He was one of the warriors that fought for the rights we enjoy now. He was a member here and had hundreds of posts on the original site. He shared his seeds for free to patients. Here are three videos from a hearing at the department of community health. In the second video at 32:15 you will meet Tom (swampy) Higgins himself!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/tW7rkv8u5Qc

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XYfVmK1PmQM

http://www.youtube.com/embed/G2miKs6vxjM

RIP swampy We all love and miss you!

I am not relying on second or third hand information. It is fact that Swampy performed a great service to the community and passed out lots of seeds locally. Any that I have seen and know to have come from him has not shown purple. It has been only recently that I have been seeing claims some people have some that it can or does. A different pheo? Maybe. Cross pollinated? Maybe. Random mutation? Maybe. Something that is not, in fact, the genuine article? Maybe. People who wish to somehow take undue advantage, to satisfy wallet or ego? Maybe.

The variation in descriptions of strains is remarkable among writer testimonials and even commercial seed companies.From that I have inferred that there is an awful lot of mistaken information out there. There is no reason to believe that it does not appear here.

Edited by GregS

I am not relying on second or third hand information. It is fact that Swampy performed a great service to the community and passed out lots of seeds locally. Any that I have seen and know to have come from him has not shown purple. It has been only recently that I have been seeing claims some people have some that it can or does. A different pheo? Maybe. Cross pollinated? Maybe. Something that is not, in fact, the genuine article? Maybe. People who wish to somehow take undue advantage, to satisfy wallet or ego? Maybe.

The variation in descriptions of strains is remarkable among writer testimonials and even commercial seed companies.From that I have inferred that there is an awful lot of mistaken information out there. There is no reason to believe that it does not appear here.

The FL2 seeds are an F1 cross of Free Leonard and some Romulan hybrid. I don't know if Tom had a chance to keep working on them or not. I'm very pleased with this pheno, been growing her for two years and even made a couple of crosses myself. I just started a couple of seeds from the FL1 pack ("the original"). I hope to make some F2s of the Free Leonard and a backcross with the Speechless.

post-932-0-00878700-1296238564_thumb.jpgpost-932-0-91814200-1296238537_thumb.jpgpost-932-0-02979400-1296238519_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I love me some Free Leonard. Before I ever new the story I knew this was the med for me. It just seems to have everything I look for. A state covered in Free Leonard would be a happy state. :thumbsu: I am located off 96 close to Howell. I am looking for seeds or clones. I don't have anything to trade at the moment but am willing to donate. PM me..Remember its VALENTINES DAY :blow-a-heart: Oh.... I do have some suckers or cookies that are GREAT that I will trade. Both made with Canna butter that I also made.

Thanx, she's really pretty and a good producer even under my meager lights (125 Watt CFL for Veg- 400 Watt HPS for Bloom)

A friend of swampy's gifted me some beanz..... Free Leonard is in flower now..they had a pretty good germination rate and vegged well..Folks from that circle have nothing but amazing things to say about it.....I'll let ya know.......

I love me some Free Leonard. Before I ever new the story I knew this was the med for me. It just seems to have everything I look for. A state covered in Free Leonard would be a happy state. :thumbsu: I am located off 96 close to Howell. I am looking for seeds or clones. I don't have anything to trade at the moment but am willing to donate. PM me..Remember its VALENTINES DAY :blow-a-heart: Oh.... I do have some suckers or cookies that are GREAT that I will trade. Both made with Canna butter that I also made.

I've got em' available if you're up for a drive.....

You've got to bring me chocolates too! :D