Jury Trial For Patient Charged With “ Owi (Thc) And Any Presence (Of Tch)” - In Livinston County -Starts Thursday 1 27 11 -

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The attorney was the only one that was in trouble . The judge was beside herself and the PA was screaming for contempt. Judge rush jury out. Did a whole lotta bitchin to Mr Komorn Showed a stack of motions (notebooks 2 foot tall ) at least 15 deep were she had said that marijuana was not to be brought up. Well i guess the judge the PA and the attorney had a back room meeting and he painted the judge into saying he wont bring up the issue of a MMJ Card. Well jury comes out and Mr Komorn beat round the bush and ended up saying the EVIL WORD marijuana. Then a hell broke loose and at that point i figured it be called a mistrial and i left before they wanted a blood sample from me :jig:

I am guessing there will be an appeal if the decision was not what we wanted or if declared a mistrial....HEY BLUEBERRY we need to issue some statements to the press to force media coverage in that area to influence any future jury pools, and force a change of location....What media channels do we have access too in that area? if they are going to play with no rules, then we have to start play strategic dirty pool...lets get some media addresses posted up here and a pre written form letter we can all email and mail in to local media....I will try my best with my local TV news contacts to push the story out...

that is, if our local attorney thinks it would be a good idea to move forward in this fashion...

This will be the 4th time my county PA has tried to fry me.Without a tread of evidence. Planted weed in my garbage( 2002). Made false claims to secure this last warrant(2009). PA spammed out my doctor patient info to the TV stations. Could this get construed as harassment ?? Treats to my very being ??

Does the media have this? Will this story appear in print, radio, or video? If there are no plans to, we need to get it to them. A press release, by compassion clubs (most especialy any that have members living in the County) to all media outlets, stating our position would get attention. These can come from any interested group, to include, the MMMA, MACC, CPU, ASA...

Once that is done, they will come knocking.

Heroner picked a fight with the wrong badazzes.

The attorney was the only one that was in trouble . The judge was beside herself and the PA was screaming for contempt. Judge rush jury out. Did a whole lotta bitchin to Mr Komorn Showed a stack of motions (notebooks 2 foot tall ) at least 15 deep were she had said that marijuana was not to be brought up. Well i guess the judge the PA and the attorney had a back room meeting and he painted the judge into saying he wont bring up the issue of a MMJ Card. Well jury comes out and Mr Komorn beat round the bush and ended up saying the EVIL WORD marijuana. Then a hell broke loose and at that point i figured it be called a mistrial and i left before they wanted a blood sample from me :jig:

LOL kingpinn wear did you go the court did not end till 5 or just befor Mr.K did great i could not belive it what a great day for this Law and Lawyer like him on are side we can't lose

is the way i saw it the judge said if you got a card then you cant drive your car she must be keeping up with this Law LOL

Yes Bob, I have to agree that this was a beautiful day for the movement. Judge Geddis was beside herself, never seen a judge get so enraged! The PA was about to blow a gasket, and now the horse is out of the barn. It was good to see that at least a few cannabistas showed up for this. I thought that I was gonna have to get to the bank to get Michael released from jail. The judge was kind of comical, everytime that Michael tried to object to a point that a witness or the persecuter presented he was overruled, or so it seemed. The persecutor, on the other hand could do no wrong in the judges eyes...Peace...j.b.

LOL ..

This judge has lost her mind.

Michael almost went to jail today .. During his opening remarks. They stopped the whole thing, sent the jury out of the room and then blew a gasket :)

They played the dash cam tape today. With the sound turned all the way down.

That way the jury wouldn't hear the word "medical." Can you believe it???? The jury wasn't allowed to hear the sound!

It gets better .. The PA reminds the judge that yesterday they (the judge and the PA) had looked at the dash cam tape and decided to run the tape without audio.

Michael asked why he wasn't invited to that party.. The judge freaked out :) "Are you accusing me of ex-parti activities?" Yep .. just wait. You can't do that behind the defenses back ..

The jury seems to have grasped that this courtroom is really a train station.

Yes Bob, I have to agree that this was a beautiful day for the movement. Judge Geddis was beside herself, never seen a judge get so enraged! The PA was about to blow a gasket, and now the horse is out of the barn. It was good to see that at least a few cannabistas showed up for this. I thought that I was gonna have to get to the bank to get Michael released from jail. The judge was kind of comical, everytime that Michael tried to object to a point that a witness or the persecuter presented he was overruled, or so it seemed. The persecutor, on the other hand could do no wrong in the judges eyes...Peace...j.b.

Hey jb!!

I just tried that 'heal to toe' and 'one leg' thing!

I can do it now! I medicated!

I tried to do the tests that the defendant was asked to do at the courthouse today. Couldn't do them. Couldn't stand on one leg and couldn't do that heal to toe thing .. not at all.

I hadn't medicated all day.

The tonight I tried again. No problem ..

Not sure what that means ..

All Right! I will gladly eat crowe now and bow to Mr.Komorn!

Im so happy some one did something! Especialy Him!

Im Fricking burnin one for him!

This is good news and I hope it is all over the news if it already isnt!

Things like this make me proud! About time!

Peace

FTW

Jim

LOL ..

Michael almost went to jail today .. During his opening remarks. They stopped the whole thing, sent the jury out of the room and then blew a gasket :)

That way the jury wouldn't hear the word "medical." Can you believe it???? The jury wasn't allowed to hear the sound!

It gets better .. The PA reminds the judge that yesterday they (the judge and the PA) had looked at the dash cam tape and decided to run the tape without audio.

Michael asked why he wasn't invited to that party.. The judge freaked out :) "Are you accusing me of ex-parti activities?" Yep .. just wait. You can't do that behind the defenses back ..

I love it!

I been wrong before and im sure I will be wrong again,

I wish I was there!

Peace

FTW

Jim

So, if my eyes aren't deceiving me, the jury isn't being informed properly? Tthey're not being given the full information? Something's VERY WRONG here. I've seen other accounts of a similar situation. This is so wrong, they're so PREJUDICED against MM. I hope the jury sees through their tactics. My what a horrible bunch of idiots running this show. DELIBERATELY WITHOLDING INFORMATION FROM A JURY- isn't that a crime??????? I'M MAD!!!!!!!

I'm glad Michael isn't in jail, geesh, we can't lose him. Has anyone heard from him since?

Sb

LOL ..

PB,

I think with you, my wife and I, JB, bobandtorey and a few others in the courtroom that we could have come up with the money to get Michael out of jail.

This judge is a psychotic lunatic!

I would like to know what college/university she attended to get her law degree (because I would like to enroll as classes must be a breeze) Even if she is AGAINST medical marijuana personally, she is supposed to know the law AND apply impartial justice to it.

As for the jury? It wouldn't surprise me at all if they "start dropping like flies" and can't finish the trial.

They started off with six jury members in the morning. The judge immediately excused one member because she lived in Livingston County at the time the jury was selected - but, she supposedly doesn't live there now. (How did she get there yesterday morning?) And, why wasn't an alternate juror seated in her place?

Then, at about 3pm another juror said she wouldn't be able to make it tomorrow because her grandmother's corpse was being flown in from Florida for a funeral service.

When it was agreed between Michael, the prosecutor, and the judge to continue this next Thursday a different juror said she might not be able to make it as they only have one car and she needed to take someone in her family that day to some kind of appointment and the judge just told her to TRY and make it!???

Is there a chance that there won't be any jury members left before this trial is over?

Also, when they played that tape with no audio my wife and I were able to see the jury and the three women sitting closest to us all had the expression on their faces (as if implying WTF is this tape supposed to show us??!!)

Let me get my coffee down me and I'll report on the testimony of the Livingston County Sheriff's patrolman who pulled over this poor kid as he's about three french fries short of a happy meal.

And, the supposed EXPERT from the Michigan State Police Crime Lab was getting "coached" on her testimony from a black-haired woman sitting behind the prosecution table.

Give me a few minutes and I'll be back.

Mizerman

Pretty sure this ones going to called a mistrial. Guess the nasty word Marijuana got spoken in the halls of justice. I have never seen a judge so p!ssed off as this one was . The PA was screaming for him to be in contempt of court. Judge rushed the jury out but they had already heard the evil word marijuana and the judge seems to think that because she says so that they are to wipe that from their minds Ya right. My moneys on this one gets called a mistrial and another will have to be set. Hope Mr Komorn took bail money with him :thumbsu:

this was one of the best court rooms i have been inn it was fun to see the Lawyer take on the judge i do wish more people would have came just to see Michal K inn auction it was a great day for Medical Marijuana

I would've loved to see Micheal in action, too, and hope my stomach wouldn't get upset by the antics of the jerks he had to face. He stood up to the judge, ohooo that's dangerous, it's about time though that someone does, when they're wrong, they're WRONG, but word will spread, other judges will tell him he'd better behave in their court. I'm sure he's well aware of all this and knows the risks he took but I admire his courage! I hope he's ok. I would've contributed money to bail him out, too. He's done so much for us, I'm glad there were people present who could be there in support. As for that test they gave the guy, I'd fail it too. Having a disability, there should be a way to prove it that should be allowed in court.. What a heartless world- don't expect Obama to help us either. Thank goodness for some who aren't afraid to show compassion and courage! May Justice Prevail for us!

There's something else I have to say but I have to do it very carefully. I truly believe a change of diet will help reverse the young man's health problems; I wanted to say something on the air but I don't wanna get Michael in trouble. Without going into details, being I'm not a professional especially, I could at least have said that much. A good wholistic nutritionist could help him. My health improved a lot because I had the guidance of such a person. He changed my life in many ways, mind, body, and spirit. It's all related, we have to look at the WHOLE person, that's why I spell holistic with a w. I added all I learned from the nutritionist and made it part of my life and encouraging people to take charge of their lives. If I could, I'd get schooling and certified in nutrition but all I can do is share from experience, which is just as valuable. Last night I was researching and came upon an interesting message in a group I'm in, all about diet, proteins, animal fat, disease, vegetable protein, fruits, live food, and being healthy. Sorry for rambling. I don't wanna hog this thread so I'll stop there.

Anyway, I hope Michael is alright and his client will get a fair trial. I also wish the man will find a natural solution to his health needs.

Sincerely Sb

Found this:

Q. I want to file a complaint against a judge, where do I start?

A. The Judicial Tenure Commission processes complaints against Michigan Judges. Judicial Tenure Commission, 211 W. Fort Street, Suite 1410, Detroit, MI 48226. Phone (313) 256-9104.

http://jtc.courts.mi.gov/

I think we should all file a complaint. Maybe one of us could draft a really well written, well thought out complaint, and then multiple people send it? I don't know. Any ideas?

How to File a Grievance

Anyone may file a request for investigation (or “grievance”) against a state judge, magistrate, or referee on the Commission’s complaint form. A copy of the Request for Investigation form can be requested by telephone at (313) 875-5110, or can be downloaded by clicking here. (Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the downloaded file. To get Acrobat Reader, click here.)

The court rules require that the person filing the grievance (“the grievant”) have his or her signature verified (i.e., notarized) to establish that he or she has sworn to the truthfulness of the statements made in the grievance. The Request for Investigation may include copies of any relevant documents or transcripts. Because of the requirements of an original signature and verification by a notary public, Requests for Investigation CANNOT be accepted electronically (that is, by e-mail or facsimile). Therefore, Requests for Investigation and any accompanying documents MUST be sent to:

JUDICIAL TENURE COMMISSION

3034 WEST GRAND BOULEVARD

SUITE 8-450

DETROIT, MI 48202

The Commission may also institute an investigation on its own, or at the request of the Chief Justice of the Michigan Supreme Court or the State Court Administrator. The Commission may also consider complaints made anonymously (if submitted in writing), and it may open a file into matters it learns of in other ways, such as news articles or information received in the course of a Commission investigation.

After a request for investigation is filed, the Commission and its staff acts as expeditiously as possible yet gives every complaint careful attention. The Commission determines the scope of the staff’s investigation. If the Commission needs additional facts or information from the grievant, a member of the staff will contact the grievant. After the investigation, the grievant will be advised of the Commission’s resolution of the grievance. For a summary of the investigative proceedings, please refer to the Complaint Process page.

Found this:

Q. I want to file a complaint against a judge, where do I start?

A. The Judicial Tenure Commission processes complaints against Michigan Judges. Judicial Tenure Commission, 211 W. Fort Street, Suite 1410, Detroit, MI 48226. Phone (313) 256-9104.

http://jtc.courts.mi.gov/

I think we should all file a complaint. Maybe one of us could draft a really well written, well thought out complaint, and then multiple people send it? I don't know. Any ideas?

I think this is a great idea. Can it be from any of us, or does it have to be from a defendant and/or attorney in her courtroom?

On a separate note, the officer from the Livingston County Sheriff's Department not only committed perjury numerous times while on the witness stand yesterday...but, during the lunch break he and his partner went to the same Subway Restaurant as my wife and I did.

They were actually the very next people behind us in line (and, no they didn't follow us there - there car was there before we were). Anyway, the officer who testified yesterday told his partner about "all the overtime" he'd be getting on his check next week because of this case and how excited he was to know how long it would be lasting! I'm not kidding.

This is the same officer who pulled over this disabled defendant who made him do field sobriety tests that are in clear violations of what he is to do with such individuals.

Not only is he proudly harassing, intimidating, and wrongfully arresting a medical marijuana patient who is severely handicapped...he seemed to delight in it.

This clown was a "military policeman" for four years before joining the Livingston County Gestapo Brigade. He has very little education - definitely no college degree. Michael had to re-phrase so many questions to him it was laughable. (And, no...he wasn't trying to be an un-cooperative witness - he's just dumb and clearly someone who only has the mentality to take orders and doesn't have the ability to think for themselves...or, want to.)

I hope that Michael pursues perjury charges against him as he gave several different answers to the same questions yesterday.

If I saw it, I know the jury did.

Sorry to ramble, but after watching this judge, the prosecutor, and this "no-brained azz clown" testify yesterday...it's hard to remain silent.

Kudos to Komorn! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Mizerman :thumbsu:

I think this is a great idea. Can it be from any of us, or does it have to be from a defendant and/or attorney in her courtroom?

On a separate note, the officer from the Livingston County Sheriff's Department not only committed perjury numerous times while on the witness stand yesterday...but, during the lunch break he and his partner went to the same Subway Restaurant as my wife and I did.

They were actually the very next people behind us in line (and, no they didn't follow us there - there car was there before we were). Anyway, the officer who testified yesterday told his partner about "all the overtime" he'd be getting on his check next week because of this case and how excited he was to know how long it would be lasting! I'm not kidding.

This is the same officer who pulled over this disabled defendant who made him do field sobriety tests that are in clear violations of what he is to do with such individuals.

Not only is he proudly harassing, intimidating, and wrongfully arresting a medical marijuana patient who is severely handicapped...he seemed to delight in it.

This clown was a "military policeman" for four years before joining the Livingston County Gestapo Brigade. He has very little education - definitely no college degree. Michael had to re-phrase so many questions to him it was laughable. (And, no...he wasn't trying to be an un-cooperative witness - he's just dumb and clearly someone who only has the mentality to take orders and doesn't have the ability to think for themselves...or, want to.)

I hope that Michael pursues perjury charges against him as he gave several different answers to the same questions yesterday.

If I saw it, I know the jury did.

Sorry to ramble, but after watching this judge, the prosecutor, and this "no-brained azz clown" testify yesterday...it's hard to remain silent.

Kudos to Komorn! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Mizerman :thumbsu:

One of the really great things about this judge is that she didn't seem to care who heard her trash out the law.

This "ex-parti" thing was discussed in one of those "off the record" talks at the bench. This judge was so confident in her ability to violate court rules that she didn't even bother to turn off her microphone. Everyone in the courtroom heard the whole thing :)

I'm guessing that it even got recorded .. Now available on disk :)

Hello Eric??

Here is some background information involving medicinal Cannabis in LIvingston County .

Pot Law Doesn't Apply in Livingston County Case

permalink A judge denied a defense attorney's request Thursday to dismiss marijuana charges lodged against his client, who claims he needs the illegal drug for medicinal purposes. Livingston County District Judge L. Suzanne Geddis said defendant Michael Francis Collins could not retroactively apply the state's medical marijuana law, and she denied his request to dismiss a charge of possession of marijuana lodged against the 52-year-old man. Collins' attorney, L. Bert Beurmann, immediately told Geddis that he will appeal her decision to the county Circuit Court. He declined to discuss the case after the hearing. Collins was charged after county sheriff's officials discovered marijuana in Collins' home on Skyview Court in March. The find came after the officers went to the home to arrest a relative of Collins' who was wanted on an outstanding warrant. Beurmann argued Collins could not be charged because the state Department of Community Health issued his client a registration card April 21 under the state's Medical Marijuana Act that says he can use marijuana to treat his Hepatitis C. He wanted an evidentiary hearing to prove his client's claim. Section 8 of the law grants an affirmative defense and dismissal of criminal charges to patients under the act. Michigan's medical marijuana law went into effect in December, but prosecutors argue it did not take full effect until the following April when rules for the state identification cards needed to verify a person was using marijuana for medicinal purposes were available. As a result, Assistant Prosecutor Angela Del Vero said the state law could not be applied retroactively and that Collins was not entitled under the law to the hearing he sought. To support her argument, Del Vero pointed to the case of Ryan Andrew Burke, a Hartland Township man charged with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, a four-year felony, and a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana after undercover narcotics officers received a tip Aug. 18, 2008, that he was growing marijuana at his Pine Hill Trail home. Burke also is arguing his alleged marijuana is for medicinal purposes. In Burke's case, Circuit Judge David Reader ruled in April the medical marijuana law cannot be applied retroactively. The Michigan Court of Appeals in August declined to hear Burke's appeal and the case is currently set for a Sept. 18 status conference before Reader. Beurmann said Reader's decision in the Burke case does not apply because Burke was arrested more than 100 days before the law went into effect, whereas his client's alleged offense occurred more than three months after the law went into effect.

NewsHawk: User: http://www.420magazine.com/

Source: Livingston County Daily Press & Argus (MI)

Copyright: 2009 Livingston Daily Press & Argus

Contact: livingstondaily.com | Howell Online Feedback | Livingston Daily

Website: livingstondaily.com | Livingston Daily | Howell news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Howell, Michigan

Author: Lisa Roose-Church __________________ 4

20 Magazine News Team Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993 http://www.420Magazine.com read.gif 420 Magazine - Your Best Choice For Cannabis News

Howell Looks To Block Medical Marijuana Clubs, Dispensaries

permalinkHowell Mich: Howell city officials have taken a step intended to prevent medical marijuana dispensaries from opening up in their town by proposing a zoning ordinance amendment to be voted on by the Howell City Council tonight. The amendment prohibits uses that violate federal, state or local law anywhere in the city. Since the possession and distribution of marijuana is still illegal under federal law, city officials said they believe the ordinance amendment will give them clear grounds to argue against businesses or clubs that grow and provide medical marijuana from setting up shop in Howell. "At this point, the city has nothing on our books that speaks to this at all," City Manager Shea Charles said. "At least this puts us in a position to be able to argue about." City officials said the growing presence of medical marijuana dispensaries and so-called "smoke clubs" prompted their action, the closest example being the Green Leaf Smokers Club in Williamston. However, the owner of that club said his establishment is aligned with the state's Michigan Medical Marihuana Act that legalized medical marijuana in 2008. He said based on his reading of the law, cities cannot ban medical marijuana dispensaries. "Logically, that would be like saying a doctor's office could not be set up," said the Rev. Wayne Dagit, owner of Green Leaf Smokers Club. "To say that they can't come to a city makes me question whether it's really the voters or is it the few people on the panel saying what they want?" He added: "These people aren't dope dealers; they are just seeking medicine." Dagit, an ordained minister who is a patient and caregiver of medical marijuana, said at the Green Leaf Smokers Club caregivers have a shared space where they can grow and provide medical marijuana for up to five patients each, which is a restriction of the state law. He said patients are also able to "medicate" in the facility. He said the club is especially useful for patients who want to use medical marijuana but don't want to subject others in their households, such as children, to the drug. "I'm not over here making money," Dagit said. "I'm doing God's work. It's unfair that local governments feel the need to ostracize." In Howell, Planning and Zoning Administrator Erin Perdu said the city is not attempting to stop patients or caregivers from growing and using medical marijuana. "This is not addressing what people do in their homes; we're primarily looking at new enterprises," Perdu said. "It's a matter of interpretation of the medical marijuana statute compared to the federal level." In March, another Livingston County community, Green Oak Township, took a similar stance by starting a process to figure out how the medical marijuana law will fit into its zoning rules. So far, no official action has been made on the issue. The Howell City Council will vote on whether to approve the proposed amendment during its 7 p.m. meeting today at City Hall, 611 E. Grand River Avenue in Howell. News Hawk: Warbux 420 MAGAZINE Source: Livingston Daily.com Author: Leah Boyd Contact: mailto:LDBoyd@Gannett.com Copyright: 2010 Gannett News services

Website: Howell looks to block medical marijuana clubs, dispensaries | livingstondaily.com | Livingston Daily __________________ 420 Magazine News Team Creating Cannabis Awareness Since 1993 http://www.420Magazine.com

Court Docket: Medical Marijuana Case Put on Hold permalinkMichigan -

The prosecution against a 65-year-old Tyrone Township woman who says her marijuana is for medicinal purposes is on hold while the Michigan Court of Appeals considers two similar cases. Sandra Lee Woodall was expected to stand trial Monday on a charge of possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, a four-year felony, but Livingston County Circuit Judge David Reader said he was placing the case on hold to wait for a decision from the higher court. The appeals court is considering two cases — one from Tuscola County in which a judge ruled the state's medical marijuana law could be applied retroactively and as a result, he dismissed charges against a Unionville man. The second case is Reader's April decision that the medical marijuana law could not be applied retroactively in the case of a Hartland Township resident who is charged with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, a four-year felony; and a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana after undercover narcotics officers received a tip Aug. 18, 2008, that he was growing marijuana at his Pine Hill Trail home. Michigan's medical marijuana law went into effect in December 2008, but prosecutors argue it did not take full effect until the following April, when rules for the state identification cards needed to verify a person was using marijuana for medicinal purposes were available. Woodall was charged in 2009 after undercover officers found 20 small marijuana plants in her home. Woodall's attorney said the marijuana is for medicinal purposes and that his client received her medical marijuana registration card in August. News Hawk- Weedpipe

http://www.420Magazine.com Source: livingstondaily.com Contact: livingstondaily.com Copyright: 2010 Website:Court Docket: Medical marijuana case put on hold

Specifically, the language of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act says: (a) Except as provided in section 7, a patient and a patient’s primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana, and this defense shall be presumed valid where the evidence shows that:

(1) A physician has stated that, in the physician’s professional opinion, after having completed a full assessment of the patient’s medical history and current medical condition made in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship, the patient is likely to receive therapeutic or palliative benefit from the medical use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient’s serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient’s serious or debilitating medical condition;

(2) The patient and the patient’s primary caregiver, if any, were collectively in possession of a quantity of marihuana that was not more than was reasonably necessary to ensure the uninterrupted availability of marihuana for the purpose of treating or alleviating the patient’s serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient’s serious or debilitating medical condition; and

(3) The patient and the patient’s primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient’s serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient’s serious or debilitating medical condition. (b) A person may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana in a motion to dismiss, and the charges shall be dismissed following an evidentiary hearing where the person shows the elements listed in subsection

(a). © If a patient or a patient’s primary caregiver demonstrates the patient’s medical purpose for using marihuana pursuant to this section, the patient and the patient’s primary caregiver shall not be subject to the following for the patient’s medical use of marihuana:

(1) disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau; or

(2) forfeiture of any interest in or right to property. MCLA 333.26428.

Remarkably, following these procedures allow you to retroactively assert this as an affirmative defense to a zero-tolerance OWI (marijuana), that is, provided you can satisfy the three elements set forth above. In conclusion, it would appear that Michigan’s Medical Marijuana Act makes it more difficult but not impossible to prove that a person with Marijuana in his or her blood is OWI, it does not make it impossible. If you have been charged with OWI based on marijuana, make sure you discuss this possible defense with your attorney

http://www.mid3.net/...act-and-owi.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is good to write a complaint but from my experience it is reviewed by peer's who rarely even act on them . They have a initial screening process and it usually fails at that level and is not fully investigated . However if more then one person files I imagine that would matter especially if it was reported to the public in the press also . When you look at the films of some prior Michigan Medical Marihuana cases revealing court enforced procedures of ommision it is incredible and very unjust ( Niles / Kalkaska County ) . Most Americans are not aware of the court environments prohibitionist judges and P.A's have created that are trying to enforce procedural rules of law barring the truth to be told in a court of law . However that has only amazingly stood at the Federal level so far not the State . Let's hope that never happens to Michigans system but we have the people in charge now that are aparently willing to do it as seen in this case before Judge Geddis .. Our community will have to watch closely , be willing to question and fight hard to protect our State and Individual rights .

" Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits " Mark Twain

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Judges jailed for taking bribes from private juvie prisons to send kids to jail Cory Doctorow at 12:15 AM Monday, Feb 2, 2009 Two senior Pennsylvania judges have been sentenced to seven years in prison for taking bribes from juvenile detention centers -- in exchange for the bribes, the judges turned in guilty verdicts for the teens who appeared before them and sent them to juvie, thus enriching the operators of the kiddy gulag. For this, the judges received $2.6 million in kickbacks. First, the judges helped the detention centers land a county contract worth $58 million. Then their alleged scheme was to guarantee the operators a steady income by detaining juveniles, often on petty stuff. Many of the kids were railroaded, according to allegations lodged with the state Supreme Court last year by the Philadelphia-based Juvenile Law Center, an advocacy group. In asking the court to intervene in April, the law center cited hundreds of examples where teens accused of minor mischief were pressured to waive their right to lawyers, and then shipped to a detention center. One teen was given a 90-day sentence for having parodied a school administrator online. Such unwarranted detentions left "both children and parents feeling bewildered, violated and traumatized," center lawyers said. "Very few people would stand up" to the Luzerne judges, according to the law center's executive director, Robert G. Schwartz.

I can almost write my own complaint. Apparently it has to be notarized. I just need to know some of the dirty things she did and how I could fit that into the complaint, in a succinct, and relevant way.

An outline would be great, I will fill in the ancillary bits.

It would seem logical that individual complaints, which are clearly self-written, would be given greater merit. But again, an outline so we can hit on all the high notes would be cool.

Archived