293 replies to this topic

#21 Sledge

Sledge

Unadvanced Member

• Forum Leaders
  • 4,095 posts
  • LocationIn a matchbox

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Cant sue till your case is over and most are still in the courts..ask Bob & Torey

#22 Annnie

Annnie

Advanced Member

• +CC-Clare
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Emmett county Judge and PA have stated publicly that there will be no MM in EMMETT COUNTY.. I did say that right?

#23 Firebird

Firebird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

Just because someone takes a plea and does not sue doesn't mean they are guilty. In my case I didn't have another 7K to spend on an Appeal, 750$ fine and a yrs prob were a whole lot less expensive. Once again a foolish assumption shows a complete lack of compassion and intelligence. JMHO :sword:

I call BS. Whats the rest of the story? And yes if you take a plea YOU ARE saying your guilty. You can get a court appointed lawyer. I personally would fight it all the way if I was %100 legal. BS you can find a lawyer who would take the case. Also you can sue. The person who said you cant is wrong. It just that NO ONE has been busted being %100 legal. NO ONE. Try again.

#24 thanks2

thanks2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

I call BS. Whats the rest of the story? And yes if you take a plea YOU ARE saying your guilty. You can get a court appointed lawyer. I personally would fight it all the way if I was %100 legal. BS you can find a lawyer who would take the case. Also you can sue. The person who said you cant is wrong. It just that NO ONE has been busted being %100 legal. NO ONE. Try again.

Will v. Michigan Dept. of State Police

In a 5 to 4 decision delivered by Justice White, the U.S. Supreme Court held that neither States nor state officials acting in their official capacities are "persons" within the meaning of 42 U.S.C. § 1983 when being sued for monetary damages. The Court found that § 1983 would not provide a federal forum for litigants who were seeking a remedy against a State for alleged deprivations of civil liberties because the Eleventh Amendment barred such suits unless the State has waived its sovereign immunity or unless Congress has exercised its power under § 5 of the Fourteenth Amendment to override that immunity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_v._Michigan_Dept._of_State_Police

#25 Sledge

Sledge

Unadvanced Member

• Forum Leaders
  • 4,095 posts
  • LocationIn a matchbox

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2010/dec/08/dea_state_cops_raid_legal_michig

#26 lkline300

lkline300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationNW MI

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Your wrong they DID NOT have cards. Your wrong. Sorry.

Wrong, Once you have the doc's rec you have rights within the mmma. Some would say if you have a covered condition.

The cards are for LEO.......................

#27 Hydro Jack

Hydro Jack

Just a regular guy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

I'm about to call someone a name here..........No, I think they know what I want to call them anyway........HJ

#28 Firebird

Firebird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

Wrong, Once you have the doc's rec you have rights within the mmma. Some would say if you have a covered condition.

The cards are for LEO.......................

I fully understand. I am asking if someone has been charged WITH CARD, LOCKED, UNDER 12 PLANTS, UNDER 2.5oz? No one has. Period. You can try and try but you will NOT find anyone that fits. Sorry folks. Listen I know the law and you CAN SUE. I wonder how Detroit Police got sued into the ground, I mean you showed me the law that say you cant. Huh. YOU CAN SUE!!! Bob and Tory are going to sue when the lawyers finish. So tell me again how you cant sue!!!??

#29 Firebird

Firebird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

I'm about to call someone a name here..........No, I think they know what I want to call them anyway........HJ

HJ dont hold back. I see it frustrates you to be wrong.

#30 LITLJON

LITLJON

Over-Medicated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationBetween Lost and Just Plain Out There.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

Your stupid, I googled it. Do you need a link to your stupidity?

Google-it can tell you much but it's like everything else you have to only believe parts of it. Goggle is not a god it's just a search engine.

Maybe Emmett CO NEEDS TO BECOME MI. NEW AMSTERDAM

#31 anonymousgrower?

anonymousgrower?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:18 AM

You can sue.

M Civ JI 117.01 Malicious Prosecution— Criminal Proceeding

The elements of malicious prosecution are the following:

• a prosecution caused or continued by one person against another
  • termination of the proceeding in favor of the person who was prosecuted
  • absence of probable cause for initiating or continuing the proceeding
  • initiating or continuing the proceeding with malice or a primary purpose other than that of bringing the offender to justice

Also wrongful arrest is grounds for many lawsuits

#32 Iceman081

Iceman081

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:46 AM

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2010/dec/08/dea_state_cops_raid_legal_michig

Not sure I'd use this one as an example Sledge, I don't think someone was telling the whole truth in this case. Seems there was 400 Plants 10 times the amount the owner claimed!!!

#33 thanks2

thanks2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:51 AM

Not sure I'd use this one as an example Sledge, I don't think someone was telling the whole truth in this case. Seems there was 400 Plants 10 times the amount the owner claimed!!!

The 400 plants was from all the raids they completed during that campaign. The warehouse only had 40. I think they raided a total of 7 caregivers, but we do not know for sure. There is potential for 504 legal plants with 7 people. For what ever reason they only made the warehouse location public.

Edited by thanks2, 27 January 2011 - 11:52 AM.

#34 LongHairBri

LongHairBri

Plant Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationTrees in the D
Contributor

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

I hate trolls and RichardOwlMirror type arguments. Your a fool

#35 amish4ganja

amish4ganja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

I fully understand. I am asking if someone has been charged WITH CARD, LOCKED, UNDER 12 PLANTS, UNDER 2.5oz? No one has. Period. You can try and try but you will NOT find anyone that fits. Sorry folks. Listen I know the law and you CAN SUE. I wonder how Detroit Police got sued into the ground, I mean you showed me the law that say you cant. Huh. YOU CAN SUE!!! Bob and Tory are going to sue when the lawyers finish. So tell me again how you cant sue!!!??

A guy up north got busted because the cops didn't like his "locked, enclosed facility". He was OK on plant count and usable material, they just didn't like his set-up. The law enforcement community can keep busting people under their interpretation of what constitutes a "locked, enclosed facility". Who knows what they consider to be compliant under this section of the law? I am pretty sure that their idea of a "locked, enclosed facility" doesn't agree with what the average MJ grower considers to be legal. The cops , I am sure, consider Fort Knox to be an adequate facility for growing MJ. Well, no average MJ grower is going to be able to comply with that sort of security, so the police can continue to bust people with impunity any time their definition of a secure facility doesn't agree with a growers definition.

#36 GreatLakesMeds

GreatLakesMeds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

Why don't you offer to front the attorney's fees and other costs in exchange for a cut of the loot?

#37 ScrogBubbles

ScrogBubbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

http://www.mlive.com...s_over_pla.html

sup?

#38 budhabit

budhabit

Advanced Member

• +CC-Organizer
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

No support for people who dont sue. Simple, SUE. I keep saying it but until they SUE there will be no end. Why isnt anyone suing? Why, because they broke the law in some way and are not saying. If you dont sue then you did something illegal. Pretty simple. Lets hear the BS. No one has been busted being %100 legal. No one!

Wake up its easier said then done when you get raided you usually loose most or all of your assets and resources and it costs to sue it even costs 10% of the value of what they take from you to contest the forfeiture.I have been raided twice and both times they have cleaned out my finances but never charged me I know for a fact that I a have been legal and never violated Michigan Medical Marijuana Ac.t aAnother patient who got raided just before I did has lost his home and has yet to be eveen convicted he is now homeless unless you are offering to pay a lawyer so we can sue please do not be so critical of us who have been raided. Hopefully one day the words life liberty and pursuit of happiness will have true meaning in this country and Freedom will return.

#39 LongHairBri

LongHairBri

Plant Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationTrees in the D
Contributor

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

I hate trolls and RichardOwlMirror type arguments. Your a fool

#40 budhabit

budhabit

Advanced Member

• +CC-Organizer
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Ok I apologize for the stupid comment, Show me a case that the person was %100 legal and got busted. And I mean CARD in hand, under 12 plants, under 2.5oz. It does not exist.

Also you dont get support because it ALWAYS comes out that "they didnt have a card, but had a dr recommendation" "had over the limit" "to many plants" on and on and on. If there was such a case then they would sue. Right? No one is suing because they were just a little illegal. NO ONE IS SUING!!!

I am one of those People I have been raided twice and never charged the first time they came they accused me of providing a patient with medical Marijuana before she got her card now this patient has terminal breast cancer stage 4 and we waited the 21 days before she got the simpson she finally got her card 2 days after she died. The second raid came because I was accused of providing medical marijuana to a 6 year old well she a registered medical marijuana patient 2 dr signed for she has 2 inoperable brain tumor and all I did was help provide to her parents who are her registered caregiver the simpson oil and after 9 months of only doing the simpson oil the mri confirms the tumors shrinking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users