#1 affordablemimeds

affordablemimeds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationGennesee County

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Fox 66 just ran a story about 710 lbs. of pot found in a storage facility in Schwartz Creek.

Another black eye. Nice.

Way to go you greedy mothas.

mod repaired post

#2 trix

trix

I'm not a lawyer, My words are my own opinion.

• Forum Leaders
  • 2,132 posts
  • LocationDetroit
Contributor

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

wow, that's a lot of pot

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!

Trix

#3 garyfisher

garyfisher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

710lbs of pot found in storage unit

#4 MORE COWBELL

MORE COWBELL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:17 AM

ruin it for everyone :growl:

#5 affordablemimeds

affordablemimeds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationGennesee County

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

Thanks for the edit mod, channel 12 said 710 pounds. The guys name is William Lott. Anyone know him?

Edited by affordablemimeds, 10 February 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#6 bobandtorey

bobandtorey

The First To Be Raided and legal

• Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,112 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

i too would say it does not look good for the sick people that this Law is about we just can't stop others that want to get rich fast i guess

#7 brbud

brbud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

This is Great News

The Push to Perge Michigan is ON

Lets get those greedy bastids into the system where they belong

dam them for tarnishing our Good Law

Protect our patients...drop a dime on Violators

No BS Weed (Bricked or Shipped)

Edited by brbud, 10 February 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#8 Kingdiamond

Kingdiamond

Basement lumberjack

• Forum Leaders
  • 5,528 posts
  • LocationDeadford

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

This is Great News

The Push to Perge Michigan is ON

Lets get those greedy bastids into the system where they belong

dam them for tarnishing our Good Law

Protect our patients...drop a dime on Violators

No BS Weed (Bricked or Shipped)

Whoa as much as i hate black market dealers tarnishing our medical image i would never advocate informing on anything cannabis medical or no marijuana should be legalized and everyone arrested dealers and smokers alike be set free concentrate on the purveyors of poison like crack and heroin they are a big reason why law enforcement hates cannabis.

#9 Shredder

Shredder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Whoa as much as i hate black market dealers tarnishing our medical image i would never advocate informing on anything cannabis medical or no marijuana should be legalized and everyone arrested dealers and smokers alike be set free concentrate on the purveyors of poison like crack and heroin they are a big reason why law enforcement hates cannabis.

I would not advocate informing on anyone either, but we need to make it clear that is not what we signed up for. We can support patients without imports. Legalize? Sure, yes by all means, except don't confuse that for supporting law breakers, lets keep the focus on patients.

In spring of 09 when I got my card the biggest problem was not quantity it was price, and that remains the biggest patient problem, but we can solve that without cartel help, or for profit, owner takes all dispensaries. If we truly are for patients, and really think we need dispensaries, why not advocate for not for profits? Or farmers markets.........shredder

#10 guteman

guteman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:21 PM

I would not advocate informing on anyone either, but we need to make it clear that is not what we signed up for. We can support patients without imports. Legalize? Sure, yes by all means, except don't confuse that for supporting law breakers, lets keep the focus on patients.

In spring of 09 when I got my card the biggest problem was not quantity it was price, and that remains the biggest patient problem, but we can solve that without cartel help, or for profit, owner takes all dispensaries. If we truly are for patients, and really think we need dispensaries, why not advocate for not for profits? Or farmers markets.........shredder

#11 guteman

guteman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:22 PM

Same old song Money Money Money

#12 pic book

pic book

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationSW Detroit Fort at Junction, Clark at I-75).

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

Thanks for the edit mod, channel 12 said 710 pounds. The guys name is William Lott. Anyone know him?

A lott by any other name is still a lott of pott.

#13 pic book

pic book

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationSW Detroit Fort at Junction, Clark at I-75).

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

A lott by any other name is still a lott of pott.

#14 Timmahh

Timmahh

Silenced for Truths

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,483 posts
  • LocationIn your Mind

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

ya thats alot of ILLEGAL marijuana. Its not ALOT OF LEGAL Medical Marijuana.

I believe it is to be somewhat expected. until Marijuana is a Federally Legal substance, and treated like tobacco/alcohol and taxed, we ll continue to see this. While its a black eye to illegal drug dealers, doesnt mean it has to be a black eye to the MMMA, or the Natural Medical Users (from now on, i'm going to start referring to Medical Marihuana as Natural Medicine. that IS what it is after all. Not to mention this can start changing the Stigma, and create a Differance between patients, and illegal drug users imo).

with that much dope headed for the east side of the state, i can see the street price of non NM going up.

Edited by Timmahh, 10 February 2011 - 11:35 PM.

#15 JimD

JimD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationSaginaw Bay Area

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:24 PM

I am failing to understand how an influx of illegal MJ causes the price of MMJ to go up? Can someone lay out the nuts and bolts of that for me?
Everything I learned about supply and demand says that an increased supply causes prices to drop. I am assuming demand has remained relatively static despite the passing of the MMJ law.
Of course it is feasible that it can now be considered two separate markets, but again, the pricing in one should be independant of the supply in the other if that is the case.
What am I missing?

#16 The Digital Nomad

The Digital Nomad

Patient, Grower, Activist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationMacomb and Oakland Counties

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

I am failing to understand how an influx of illegal MJ causes the price of MMJ to go up? Can someone lay out the nuts and bolts of that for me?
Everything I learned about supply and demand says that an increased supply causes prices to drop. I am assuming demand has remained relatively static despite the passing of the MMJ law.
Of course it is feasible that it can now be considered two separate markets, but again, the pricing in one should be independant of the supply in the other if that is the case.
What am I missing?

High Times magazine did a report on "Pot Prices Plummet". It is true - while every mom, dad, grandma, and adult is growing outdoors, it did flood the market with cheap outdoor - because everyone had it. You can get a lb of outdoor medical strain for $1000 in oregon in October.

But the patients never got the discount. Brokers came in, and brokered the lbs from $1000 into smaller amounts, it got brought again, and marked up again. Even a dispensary that got the lb for $1000, used it to make profit.

So, with meds so cheap in those states - they can't wait to ship it here, where they know we'll pay double or triple what they get in their state. You pay them, they go back to their state with the money. No one in the state learned how to grow their own cheap outdoor meds, so we gain nothing.

It is about people. If you do not support michigan growers, so they can grow strains and produce quality - they won't be there. If growers and those that get medicine to the patients do not work out a compassionate price, the patients will not be there. Its not the marijuana, how to grow it, its about people deciding to work together, to build something better.

I know it is possible because I have met so many people who are capable, who believe in this vision. We have to continue to network, support, and encourage them. If you give them the resources, the time, and trust - you can have michigan medical marijuana. Give it to another state - you only helped yourself for a day at the expense of yours and my future.

-DN

#17 JimD

JimD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationSaginaw Bay Area

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:04 PM

It is about people. If you do not support michigan growers, so they can grow strains and produce quality - they won't be there. If growers and those that get medicine to the patients do not work out a compassionate price, the patients will not be there. Its not the marijuana, how to grow it, its about people deciding to work together, to build something better.

I know it is possible because I have met so many people who are capable, who believe in this vision. We have to continue to network, support, and encourage them. If you give them the resources, the time, and trust - you can have michigan medical marijuana. Give it to another state - you only helped yourself for a day at the expense of yours and my future.

-DN

Ahh, thanks for that reply. If I follow, it is about protecting a growing market from cheap foreign imports more than an issue of supply and demand. Gotcha. I for one am looking forward to getting my roots wet and doing a little experimenting to produce some genuine MI strains. Our cherries and apples are better,why not our natural meds? ;)

#18 Chicodog1

Chicodog1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMetro Detroit

Posted 13 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

High Times magazine did a report on "Pot Prices Plummet". It is true - while every mom, dad, grandma, and adult is growing outdoors, it did flood the market with cheap outdoor - because everyone had it. You can get a lb of outdoor medical strain for $1000 in oregon in October.

But the patients never got the discount. Brokers came in, and brokered the lbs from $1000 into smaller amounts, it got brought again, and marked up again. Even a dispensary that got the lb for $1000, used it to make profit.

So, with meds so cheap in those states - they can't wait to ship it here, where they know we'll pay double or triple what they get in their state. You pay them, they go back to their state with the money. No one in the state learned how to grow their own cheap outdoor meds, so we gain nothing.

-DN

because of certain costs rising I had to move my price per oz up 25.00 so in my world there is quality medicine and fairly compensation for the hard redundant labor involved.

Support MI patients, growers and Cg's DO NOT buy Out of state stuff from CALI or anywhere excpet HOME GROWN MICHIGAN WEED..!!

#19 Kingpinn

Kingpinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:45 AM

Edited by Kingpinn, 06 August 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#20 mibrains

mibrains

Why do you eat people? Not people...BRAINS

• Forum Leaders
  • 3,624 posts
  • Location- i seem to end up where i am needed most just in the nick of time.

Posted 13 February 2011 - 06:35 AM

if your not competitive it's only because you've stopped competing.
get back into the game and research..adjust and make positive changes to remain globally competitive.

:o

Edited by mibrains, 13 February 2011 - 06:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users