Premier Of New Mm Documentary

Hello from sunny Hawaii!

I have been visiting family over here for a few weeks, and happened to see a flier for the world premier of "Medicinal Cannabis and its Impacts on Human Health." You can see a preview of it here:

I have to say that this was one of, if not THE best medical marijuana documentaries I have ever seen. It opens with a brief overview of the history of cannabis and its use in medicine. What I really appreciated was that this film did not spend a lot of time railing against prohibition of marijuana (although there is some) but is very heavy in the science behind cannabis.

I think the problem with many in accepting cannabis as medicine is that people lose the message because of the messenger. If the general populace sees a guy with a ponytail and tie-dye tshirt talking about MM, it is all too easy for them to write the info off as just the ramblings of a "potted out hippie." When MM advocates start talking about the real reasoning behind marijuana prohibition, we can be easily dismissed as just conspiracy nuts. Now I'm not saying that either of these stereotypes are accurate or right, just that it is often outsiders' perception. This film is great in that it stays away from these stereotypes. The message is delivered by well respected doctors from well known groups in a very straightforward, non-emotional manner. In my opinion, this is exactly the kind of messaging that would be more palatable to those outside the MM world.

I was able to speak to the director (Lindsey Ward) briefly after the show. They are planning on making the documentary available free online, and available via DVD for only $5. I've also talked to him about hosting some screenings in MI. More on that as info becomes available.

Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I'll post again when the full film is online. There was some last minute editing they needed to do, so it wasn't quite ready. Personally, I'd like to see screenings take place all around MI with invitations sent to local and state elected officials, law enforcement, and others who's support we'd like to gain. It won't change everyone's opinion, but we all know knowledge is power.

Archived