Strain Reviews

trix

I have browsed through the past forum pages, I may have missed it but I didn't see a MMMA personal strain review topic?

This thread would be for bud you personally have grown, take a pic of your best harvested bud and tell the community the benefits your patients have received from it..

I know there are pages like this all over the web, lets show the people what the members on the MMMA are capable of, and help beginners understand the benefits.

Example;

Image:

Name: Xtreme Master Bubba Kush

Last for: Effects last for 1-3 hrs etc....

Type: Indica/Stavia

Gentics: Bubba Kush crossed with Master Kush

Seed/clone: seed, from attitude seed bank

Time: This strain takes 30-60 days until it ready for my patients, yields around 2 oz

Smell: Musty and earthy with a sweet spiciness. Classic “Kush” aroma.

Taste: Out of a vaporizer, the taste was very similar to the smell; very earthy and musty. Earthier than many Bubbas I’ve sampled. The vapor was rich and smooth.

Helps with what: This strain I have found helps my patients sleep better,helps them focus,treats back pain, etc...etc....

Score: 1-10 , 10 being the best possible mark.

Trix

I got what you all are saying, I was purposing reviews of what YOU personally have grown the outcome and effect your patients have reported to you, I understand no one has the same outcome as the next but I just thought possibly the newcomers that were looking for a CG, would see what YOU have to offer for them?

I know every plant grows different with each person that grows it, I know I personally am going to be seeking a new CG, I was just thinking with my fingertips is all..

Trix

great idea....we shouldnt just use the junk from other sites.....i went to link offered and was shocked that all their info seemed opposite of my experience with the strain. This gets to the other posters bit about no strain working the same way one 2 people....while it effects everyone different, if we get 10 peeps on here saying bg bluebrry helped with chemo....welll its a good place to start.

great idea....we shouldnt just use the junk from other sites.....i went to link offered and was shocked that all their info seemed opposite of my experience with the strain. This gets to the other posters bit about no strain working the same way one 2 people....while it effects everyone different, if we get 10 peeps on here saying bg bluebrry helped with chemo....welll its a good place to start.

That's what I was shooting for GanjaWarrior, because I know I have used the "other" sites for a reference and its nothing like what I actually smoked?

Hopefully others think the same way and give this a try? its just for Buds you grew,and a review on their specific outcomes.

IMO this should promote the CG's buds and in turn get responses from MM patients, better then craigslist, cause I would trust this site vs the unknown..

Trix

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Most sites have a section they call Smoke Reports for this type of info, with a form that you just fill in and post rating everything about the strain. Haven't seen any that include pics with smoke reports though. Hoping we could build one here eventually, I donated a 2,188 strain list spreadsheet and I believe Garfield is planning a section such as this. United We Stand.

1T

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Yup. I think the idea was to build one up for Michigan strains, local stuff. But that may just be my wish. LOL

Either way it would be a character report for something grown locally by a member registered to post in the forum. They would have to grow it and try it to report on it. The mention of pictures was also tendered. Garfield said he will be working on one. (Soon as he gets a raise.) LOL

1T

Awesome.. would love to see the turn out and the results of such a thread, patients and CG's should see a positive result out of it..

CG's get new patients

Patients get good quality buds

Newbies, learn all the way around...

MMMA has a original idea, for members by members

hope it catches on, :thumbsu:

Trix

p.s. give Garfield a raise!!

Guest 1TokeOverLine

The MOCC is working on a strain report thread. It won't have 2,000 strains - but it will showcase the local talent. After all, who cares about a strain you can't get. <_<

-DN

A compassionate grower can and will get any strain our patients need. But they need to see what the possibilities are for all known strains to make a reasonable selection. They need a reference as a starting point. I can't afford to buy a thousand seeds for them to test, but I can locate a specific strain easily and quickly.

From personal experience I've been down the road of trying a strain that complicated my conditions or enhanced pain rather than work for me. I was told yeah, this worked great for me, but not how they produced a finished product that did the job. In the end, that strain would have worked in edibles but not smoking it. The reverse is also the case many times, smoking it provides the right combination of turpines and cannabinoids that edibles may be lacking. A good usable guide needs to be user friendly and with the information necessary to make a knowledgeable choice, such as would it work better for this condition in hash or oil form, or edible form. The growing information also is needed to verify the nute regiment and flush, etc. Just my 2-cents.

Anyone with the passion for growing that I have met is anxious to grow out different strains and make them locally available, and those supplying should be searching for what works for their patients IMO.

1T

Anyone with the passion for growing that I have met is anxious to grow out different strains and make them locally available, and those supplying should be searching for what works for their patients IMO.

1T

I agree- we should have an indepth library for research of strains, but to put 2,000 on a list - would be confusing and daunting for a new patient eh? So the list should perhaps start with, or highlight - local strains - stuff you can actually get.

I did like the idea of promoting michigan strains. I was so excited to find Bubblegum, a 1970's strain - a USA breed, and Cup winner. American made, and in Michigan!

BTW 2,000 strains? - you'd need 6 years to sample all...

-DN

Archived