The Solo Cup Challenge!

Jipo

Alright lets have some fun guys. I did this a while back on another forum and it turned out to be stupid yet surprisingly fun. If enough people will play along lets see who can get the biggest yield from a single 16oz solo cup.

****Seed growers sprout 3/25/11! April 1st begins competition day. April 29th Will be day 1 flower.****

***Official Rules!!***

Seeds start germinating 3/23, plant 3/25.

Clones can be cut 4/1 and a maximum height of 6"

Veg until 4/28

Flower time is decided by the strain.

1 solo cup roots must be contained within the cup( I.e. No letting roots grow from cup to another medium of any sort). Any medium or methods allowed.

Creativity is encouraged.

***Weekly updates to this thread from all contenders are required. 3 pic max 1 time per week.***

Who's in?

1.) Jipo

2.) BubbleGrower

3.)Brandon

4.)Snakeman_55

5.)Hempchef

6.)LongHairBri

7.)Tooldini

8.)KingofBuds

9.)AbsoluteRoyal

10.)Mike Sativa

11.)Greenhouse

Prize!

1 x Nirvana Bubblelicious Reg Seed

1 x DNA Kandy Kush x Skunk Fem Seed

1 x BIG BUDDHA Blue Cheese Feminized

1 x Dinafem Seeds White Widow

1x Dinafem Industrial plant

2 - Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica X Serious Seeds White Russian

2 - Maple Leaf Indica X Sensi Seeds Sensi Star

2 - Free Leonard X White Russian

Possibly 10 - Free Leonard back-cross F1 hybrids (unpredictable) should be ready by contest's end))

bubblegrower edit to add prize and disclaimer:

this is FUN folks.... and it is going to remain that way.

but.... this is a medical site. i know we are all growers.... some more skilled than others.... all more skilled than jipo. but we love him anyways because thats what this site is about :) j/k bud.

anyways........... long gone are the "stealth p.c." grows from OUR minds. but its not like that for everyone. there are MI patients with children and whacked out living conditions that may actually require a tiny-dancer grow like what we doing here.

so in the spirit of the site.... try to keep it half-azz medical if we can :)

now lets grow!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be interested in something like that LOL I have 2 plants been vegging for 37 days in solo cups. I think they are getting stunted root issues cause I see some dark spots in the middle of a few leaves. I think that is a sign. I am transplanting today but that sounds fun to me

Alright lets have some fun guys. I did this a while back on another forum and it turned out to be stupid yet surprisingly fun. If enough people will play along lets see who can get the biggest yield from a single 16oz solo cup.

Rules

1 week sprout/root time depending on seed or clone

3 weeks veg time.

Flower time is decided by the strain.

1 solo cup

any medium

any methods

Who's in?

I'll give it a go but the any medium, any method and tossing in clones makes it difficult for someone growing in soil and from a bean a disadvantage. Sounds like fun though, let me know when this will start.

Yeah if we plan it all out according and everybody starts the same day it should prove to be a fun time, I can see somewhat of a seed disadvantage vs clone but not totally, we could even things out whatever everybody thinks is fair, 2 weeks for sprouting 1 week for rooting? or we could go all seed or all clone, the rules aren't set in stone I want to hear everybodies Ideas then we'll pick a starting date etc...

now daaamnit jipo.

im running all over gods green earth today getting parts for the "plant factory" and you go and do this. i coulda been picking up stuff to do this at the same time. cause you know i dont have 16oz solo cups laying around my house. maaaaaan. at least its nice out today and i feel semi-ok health-wise. mrs.bg kinda being a female today though. (no offense to females) just saying..... anyways..... it's pretty nice out there today. and the thoughts of back home.... and pound+ plants are rolling through my head like ginger bread houses during the yule season. ahhhhh.... the fond memories. anyways... no matter what you guys decide... seed or clone....

I'M IN :rolleyes:

I'm thinking seed or clone would have to be the way because not everybody has seeds and not everybody is comfortable taking clones. We'll have to agree on whats a fair head start for seed growers and whats a fair height for a fresh clone, or do seed growers and clone growers seperate.

Heres my thoughts on this,

Seed growers get 1 week to sprout seeds, then clone growers can take a cut not exceeding 3 nodes or 6", by the time the clone roots the seed is 2 weeks in, should be pretty close in size and maybe even giving the seed a slight size advantage for the clones maturity and age since it was inhibiting a mother plant until it was cut.

If anyone has suggestions lets try to make this as fair as possible but keep it fun, I'll start the prize pool for the winner since I have a mess of genetics.

The winner of the competition granted we establish fair rules and everybody keeps it fun will get from me personally

If anybody wants to add to the prize pool feel free, however don't feel like you have to by any means, I'm sitting on 60+ seeds and have 10 of each of those, so sparing one to the community for a fun game is no issue.

Honestly too guys, the last time I did this my plant was so rootbound I really don't think starting size is going to overly dictate much, the bigger starters are most likely going to suffer earlier from going rootbound and running out of space ;)

ill throw in 1 BIG BUDDHA Blue Cheese Feminized, and 1 reg Dinafem Seeds White Widow

I'm thinking seed or clone would have to be the way because not everybody has seeds and not everybody is comfortable taking clones. We'll have to agree on whats a fair head start for seed growers and whats a fair height for a fresh clone, or do seed growers and clone growers seperate.

Heres my thoughts on this,

Seed growers get 1 week to sprout seeds, then clone growers can take a cut not exceeding 3 nodes or 6", by the time the clone roots the seed is 2 weeks in, should be pretty close in size and maybe even giving the seed a slight size advantage for the clones maturity and age since it was inhibiting a mother plant until it was cut.

If anyone has suggestions lets try to make this as fair as possible but keep it fun, I'll start the prize pool for the winner since I have a mess of genetics.

The winner of the competition granted we establish fair rules and everybody keeps it fun will get from me personally

If anybody wants to add to the prize pool feel free, however don't feel like you have to by any means, I'm sitting on 60+ seeds and have 10 of each of those, so sparing one to the community for a fun game is no issue.

So from what I see I gather the rules as follows:

-Seed growers have 2 weeks from time "cracked" seed is put into dirt to stabilize it. The 15th day marks day 1 of flower

- Clones have 1 weeks from day cut to root. Day 8 of clones life marks day 1 of veg.

- All plants are allowed 3 weeks veg time.

i have a dinafem industrial plant to pitch in.

but before any funny stuff begins.... because you know how my mind works..... is there a size limitation to the holes on the bottom of the cup?? all roots must stay in the cup correct?

I already started altering a lid for my system to accept a solo cup. roots in just ain't gonna happen that way!! for a roots in requirementrment I'm thinking a mini hempy bucket

Sign up will close 3/25 when seed growers begin there sprouts, from there I will make a seperate journal page for all of us to post to, lets try to keep everyone on 3 pic max weekly updates of progress that way it doesn't get to clustered up.

Archived