A Patient's Rights To Quality Meds!

Howdy,

I'm angry! I don't like what some people are doing. I've been around either farmers and/or gardening my whole life. You wouldn't walk into a farmers market and see moldy, mildewy produce sitting on the stands. They aren't going to sell you crap if they can help it. And 9 outa 10 your not going to buy it even if it does make it to the shelf, right? Now I know this is one of the many things that can go wrong in a garden. I feel for each and every one of us that had to combat some problem with plants and the parasties that live off them. You never want it to happen and when it does you can lose your whole crop to it. That sucks to the umpteenth level!! With that said most of it is avoidable, preventitive, and has easy remidies to fix it.

SOOOOO.... Would you bag up moldy meds to get rid of? How bout mildewy stuff? Sick and dying plants? Bug Infested? I wouldn't!!!! I'm alergic to penicillian, the bunny muffin will kill me. And i'm very not alone! Yet some feel it's good pratice to hand it out for people like me to toke on. I have no clue what it does to you long term. I know if I had smoked some bad in the past I got hives and a headache from it. Wouldn't touch it for anything. I'd rather go without. You can smell it first thing too. Smells like a wet basement.

Why are some in such a hurry to make fast cash they will do this to sick people? Most of the truely sick have many issues and many meds and the adding in of this crap can seriously flower em up. Let alone you just took some sick person on a fixed incomes cash and now they have no recourse or refund coming!!!! Not to mention this is the kinda thing the Gov would love to sink it's teeth into and kill our law. Let someone get Ill or die from garbadge meds and see what happens. I'm not even adressing bad flushes, harmfull chems, and just wacked out pratices to save crops for the sell with other side effects when smokin without a concern from the cash hounds!

This is the sad part of this. One, some of these people are in denile. They don't see the forest or the crap on the trees!!! Two, they walk around with this crap like it's not going to spred to others. I was at a freind's house who grows the other night. Another was there choping up off the stalks of some sick looking plants. The air smelt bad. Like mold! My pals garden is doing fine, in it's infancy even. But then someone brings in all this mildew and mold and sets to filling the air with this crap. A helper was saying there were tons of dead lady bugs in the crap. That screams Mites or some other pest. And given the state of his yucky sick buds how would you even think they cured their problem. My first thought was this is a big contagous mess spread out in 3 rooms of the house, no ventilation, and a very good chance one of the many things wrong here will spread to my friends garden. And this isn't the first time moldy mildewy buggy crap has come to my friends house by way of this guy to be trimmed!! He's on a fixed income and couldn't deal with any major hits to his grow yet this other guy doesn't care in the least. I peeled my clothes off when I got home and may burn them hehe!

This sin't the first time I seen this from this guy! This isn't the first time I seen them sell bad meds. I've picked up meds that were wet down for weight and then later got moldy in the bag from them. I have seen black meds that were called something exotic to hide the fact they were rotten meds. When left on a tray said rotten meds lost 3/4 the weight so I know they were bad meds!! I've never got anything from them after the first time I got burned but I have seen others do it. My pal keeps smoking it cause he's out and no cash and will take any donations any will give him. I know the bad meds guy has patients who rely on him for their supply. He even charges for this trash to his patients.

What is the recourse one could take? I hate to out anyone on a website but I'm getting more worried about the effect this will have on my friends grow! I worry about what this will do to people who smoke these meds! I worry about what this says to people new coming into this who don't know better and get burned the first time. I don't want new people scared away cause these guys are out giving good growers a bad name!!!

Closing steam vents off now.

Sipping coffee!

Rolling up good homegrown meds to let this too shale pass!!

Flint

I too have seen a lot of what you are talking about. Bugs, mold, and even buds that were picked when they were just forming. And to top it off. They are sometimes ran in a machine for trimming which beats the heck out of them. All I can say is find a real CG. Find one that would not give something to a patient that he would not use himself.

Some of the problem is Education.

Michigan has only recently allowed this kind of market - P2P growers, as well as growers trying to help more patients by overages. These can frequently be a new grower who had only started growing once it became legal.

Yes, we should not buy moldy, improperly cured marijuana. It is not medical grade, in fact - it can be very dangerous to an already ill or disabled person. We should stop and be honest to those that present improperly grown and harvested marijuana, we owe it to them to tell it bluntly. Those that know, are responsible to teach those that don't. Someone has to break the bubble they are in - thinking they got quality medicine, when they just need to fix a few things. Many new growers will take advice and deserve a second chance to fix issues and try again.

Certainly no one should feed this nasty cycle by buying or even giving away moldy, bad marijuana. Its trash, you smoke it if you think its 'the bomb.'

This is a process we need to allow michigan growers to step up, do the right thing, and do it best - The Motor City is famous for technology, street smarts, hard, honest workers - american brand - so lets start cranking out some Motor City Medical Grade Marijuana!

If we the people, do not invest in our michigan grown economy, we will keep stalling it - as we buy imports and fail to support local talent.

Any grower should take the job of medical grade very seriously, otherwise don't call yourself a grower, don't pretend - its just rude to all those in the know.

-DN

Some of the problem is Education.

Michigan has only recently allowed this kind of market - P2P growers, as well as growers trying to help more patients by overages. These can frequently be a new grower who had only started growing once it became legal.

Yes, we should not buy moldy, improperly cured marijuana. It is not medical grade, in fact - it can be very dangerous to an already ill or disabled person. We should stop and be honest to those that present improperly grown and harvested marijuana, we owe it to them to tell it bluntly. Those that know, are responsible to teach those that don't. Someone has to break the bubble they are in - thinking they got quality medicine, when they just need to fix a few things. Many new growers will take advice and deserve a second chance to fix issues and try again.

Certainly no one should feed this nasty cycle by buying or even giving away moldy, bad marijuana. Its trash, you smoke it if you think its 'the bomb.'

This is a process we need to allow michigan growers to step up, do the right thing, and do it best - The Motor City is famous for technology, street smarts, hard, honest workers - american brand - so lets start cranking out some Motor City Medical Grade Marijuana!

If we the people, do not invest in our michigan grown economy, we will keep stalling it - as we buy imports and fail to support local talent.

Any grower should take the job of medical grade very seriously, otherwise don't call yourself a grower, don't pretend - its just rude to all those in the know.-DN

Right on

100_1587.jpg

This is a picture of an example of bad bud. This was given to my friend cause he covered another CG and expected a good pay back. Instead he got junk.

You can notice on many of the buds they have white spots where it could almost be tricombs but it clearly isn't. The little bud on the bottom right and the stemy bud on the left directly across from the little one has it all over the stem. It's kinda inside the bud or underneath. Under a Microscope it looks like hairs rather then shroomy looking tricombs.

The black stuff (I know cause of the flash it looks sorta green but to the naked eye it's black)is rot I'm guessing. I was told a milk treatment was used on it. To me that throws up a flag they were treating PM.

Note the amount of stems and leaf on it. When paying back a friend a half for a half, the weight of sticks matter. My friend left it out for a few days since it wouldn't burn in J's! Lost half its weight, shriveled right up.

As to the matter of the original post... I did it cause I was mad at a situation. I have also been a patient for a year and have learned a few things about trusting people and the lengths they will go to so they can make a buck without a care for the other person. The dude who brought it to my friends house to cut it up knew his stuff had something. We argued over if it was mold or powdery mildew. Either one is gross when ya think about smoking it. Fungus or mold is bad for you! I have no pics of that but me and the people who were trimming it saw it and talked about it. It filled the air as it was chopped. And that's a danger to my unsuspecting friends garden. I put up with it to not cause a problem at a friends house who I think of as a brother. I vented anonymously about it cause I didn't want new or unknowing patients to get burned. When it's got lady bugs in it that's gross if ya went to chop up a bud to smoke and you smoke a big old poppin bug.

The morning after the dude with the funky buds brother calls up my friend and 20 questions him about it to the point he starts to get upset to the point he couldn't handle it and had to hand me the phone. Dude jumps on me about it even though it's not about him. He was in another state and this is the crap the brother that was here does behind his bro's back when he's gone. Dude on the phone wasn't even there and wouldn't have even known if I hadn't posted it! Him freaking out just smells like guilt I guess. I kept things anonymous cuase I'm not that big a jerk. I have a right to speak my mind and have a right to warn people to really inspect what they get. If I got bad food at a restaurant I would complain, why wouldn't the same apply here?

I don't like being talked down to. I don't do disrespect. I treat everyone as a equal until they change the scale. This story is alot deeper then I care to get on here. But when it's been done over and over. No ones home when you confront them on this. I even tried to talk to the brother about what was going on and got blew off like he always does to me. His loss not mine. But you'll know what's up if anything happens to me over this. I'm a man and can stand on my own. But people are dirty when that's the norm.

Keepin it real,

Like Flint Public taught me!

FTS

• 8 months later...

Sometimes I noticed some herb is really dusty - is that PM or mold?

I can smell it & it makes my nose itch. But I don'[t know what mold would look like under a scope. Do you see something like a round spiky spore? Would it be visible with my pocket scope? Can't remember, seems like it's up to 60x maybe. Got a cat on my lap so I don't wanna get up & go look !

Good topic, moldy meds suck; they are a waste of money, health hazard & could really hurt or kill someone who's allergic.

I like buds that are firm, and when I squish them a little they don't mush down & stay flat. They should resist squishing if that makes sense :D I think I'll leave the teaching to better, more knowledgeable writers. :D

One of the biggest reasons for PM or moldy buds is overcrowded grow rooms. People trying to overgrow, rather than learn to grow. I am not sure why people still try to push 12 plants around to get 1.5 oz per plant, when they could have done 3 or four plants very well and got the same yield.

And its true, if you find mites - they probably were using chemicals (improperly too) to fight a infestation. Powdery Mildew - people will mix up all kinds of ill shiit to fight it - that is what can hurt you when you smoke buds with pest, not the pest themselves.

The drying and curing part is also so vital, people spend about 3 months growing a plant, food, electricity and time - then they screw up the last weeks. Air movement, dark, about 70 degrees, and screens. Hanging a plant upsidedown without trimming it makes wet spots on the plant. Then I find plants drying in a closet, with no fans to move air. humidity pockets. Then people put wet plants in a warm room, again, no air movement. Marijuana has to be pretty dry before you jar it, and then - it still has to be burped, as it can sweat.

It is a lot of work - growing, trimming,drying and curing - people who want to make a quick buck, or run their grows carelessly- it shows in their work.

The Key to fixing this is education - we teach the growers and the patients. If growers do not learn to grow medical grade, then the patients will learn not to buy commercial grade marijuana.

We do not need the FDA to be involved in this, just like a farmer's market - buyers know how to spot good tomatoes, peppers, and corn.

I also notice more growers are being tested - they like to be able to advertise their product with as much knowledge as possible. You can tell the difference between a novice grower and an experienced one - the experienced one is more prepared, has the proper jars/storage, offers you a lupe or magnifying glass to inspect, encourages you to smell and inspect the meds, he/she can tell you about the strain and how it was grown.

If a grower or seller cannot tell you anything about the marijuana, its in a bag, and wants to do a quick deal - you got a street dealer selling commercial dope. Don't be a dope.

DN

We should stop and be honest to those that present improperly grown and harvested marijuana, we owe it to them to tell it bluntly. Those that know, are responsible to teach those that don't. Someone has to break the bubble they are in - thinking they got quality medicine, when they just need to fix a few things. Many new growers will take advice and deserve a second chance to fix issues and try again.

Certainly no one should feed this nasty cycle by buying or even giving away moldy, bad marijuana.

Great positive attitude! :thumbsu: And I think you're right!

Well - it is hard to break the bad news to people, especially new people you just met. It is easier to do this in the proper setting - not the street in a parking lot deal.

People should do this as kindly and calmly as possible and be helpful by being clear on what the issues are - infested, not dried, not cured, or early harvest. It would also be proper to do this quietly, not as if you are calling the person out in public.

DN

Archived