The 16 Oz+ Indoor / 16 Oz Cup Grow Journal

AbsoluteRoyal

I am going to try and do both the 16 oz. cup plant and the 16 oz.+ plant in the same journal. This plant here is a (Grapefruit bx) X (Herijuana)clone from seeds that I got from IJ awhile back. Basically shows you how I am going to run the 1 lb plant. Same concept really except I'm going for about a 3.5-4' x 3.5-4' footprint to really soak up the entire 1000 watt. I will rig some kind of ring out from around the pot so I have something to tie too.

Right now my prospect I got to compete with BG and the others is about 12" tall and just starting to take off. I'm thinking I need around 5-6 weeks to veg it out big enough to take up a 4x4.

This plant in the photo is about 2.5' x 2.5' for comparison. She just got pollinated yesterday and is at day 24 of a 10+ week flower.

gallery_15589_717_2587079.jpg

gallery_15589_717_2010614.jpg

I will get better pictures soon that are away from the light as well as the other plants involved.

:lol: @ BG Good Luck Royal, I'm going to start a log for weekly updates on everybodies party cup to so the whole competition is contained to one thread, but feel free to keep us up to date on her with more pictures then the Party Cup thread will allow. Also don't forget the timing of your clones, no head starts or late starts, we're all gonna cut the same day and cross our fingers ;)

:lol: @ BG Good Luck Royal, I'm going to start a log for weekly updates on everybodies party cup to so the whole competition is contained to one thread, but feel free to keep us up to date on her with more pictures then the Party Cup thread will allow. Also don't forget the timing of your clones, no head starts or late starts, we're all gonna cut the same day and cross our fingers ;)

Ok I gotcha, will have to think about what to do then. My clones take about 2 weeks to root

Ok I gotcha, will have to think about what to do then. My clones take about 2 weeks to root

Mine are usually 7-10 days. I accounted for rooting time, giving the seeds a headstart and everything, if we all cut 4/1 and seed growers sprout 3.25 we should all be about the same size when the clone cutters root. Then everyone should have about 3 weeks of veg then a full flowering cycle.

ummmm. I'd like a complete list of the rules. I know turning your solo into a net pot and growing as normal is out. BUT, how much roots outside the cup is allowed? air exposure only? a solo cups worth? I'd like to post examples of ways I was thinking to pull this off ( of course not the method that I will use!!) and some strategy's, like using a couple grow methods and vegging a few, moving at week 2, 3 and 4. there is a fine balance where being root bound is gonna get ya!

ummmm. I'd like a complete list of the rules. I know turning your solo into a net pot and growing as normal is out. BUT, how much roots outside the cup is allowed? air exposure only? a solo cups worth? I'd like to post examples of ways I was thinking to pull this off ( of course not the method that I will use!!) and some strategy's, like using a couple grow methods and vegging a few, moving at week 2, 3 and 4. there is a fine balance where being root bound is gonna get ya!

This is his thread so I won't get into great detail, we can pollute the Solo Cup thread as much as we want if you have more questions feel free to post there. The roots must be in the cup, if you have drainage holes and cup of dirt and roots come through those holes your stuck either pruning them or letting them dry out, growing the roots out of the cup into another medium would defeat the purpose. Its definitely going to be a battle of pruning vs going root bound.

Some better shots of my warm-up :pic: She is already starting to get some dark purples and reds in the buds. End of Day 25? maybe 26 idk.

gallery_15589_717_1211850.jpg

gallery_15589_717_2526123.jpg

These are the two I am choosing from for the 1 lb. The first one grows with a TINY stem but denser buds with more of a lemon appeal and 0 grapefruit, It will require significant staking.

gallery_15589_717_226206.jpg

The second I should of went with an early top or something it isn’t the greatest uniformity but responds OK to training. The smell while growing is a "grape tootsie roll" and it carry’s over fairly well to the taste. Also this pheno is special in regards to how resistant it is. Powdery Mildew WILL NOT touch this plant no matter what. It would make me very sad to have to cut early because of PM.

gallery_15589_717_613637.jpg

Day 28 of flower. Aprrox 70-77 for finish. a little surprised it hasn’t gotten more feedback, I think it is/will be the biggest dirt plant on the site.

gallery_15589_717_456946.jpg

gallery_15589_717_372385.jpg

gallery_15589_717_314470.jpg

Waiting to see how her mommy smokes but I think this is the one I want to use. 6 even tops that will make training here a breeze. + this one is purple in veg but white as snow in flower. Just thought it was weird the only one that purples in veg is the only one that doesn’t purple in flower.

gallery_15589_717_45252.jpg

gallery_15589_717_59632.jpg

That pic is 17 days into bud, she went in march 1st. She went rootbound in a 5 gallon pot in about a month so I decided to stick her in 18gallons of soil and see what happens, vegged her about 3 more weeks before putting her into flower :)

Cool, In your journal I had thought that was 2 plants I guess. If you dont mind you should pm me the yield when we get there. I am thinking my girl will surprise when she gets a little closer to being done.

Will do I'm hoping to break 1lb She's sandwiched between a 600 and a 1000w bulb getting tons of light.

Any thoughts about when to repot? Thinking 4-5 weeks of veg left. In a 4 gallon pot, been in there about 3 weeks.

Also I have seeds from the spicey lemon pheno drying now and the purple grapefruit pheno will be ready in 3 months or so. No charge, must be a patient and the ability to get me a clone or make seeds for me with my pollen is a big plus for me. Again only the ability to you dont have to give anything in return, these are F1 seeds with moderate to high stability. Because I only flower 1-2 plants at a time It will take me forever to go through enough seeds by myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived