Why My Leaves Turning Yellow?"

Wired4Success

From what I see, I wouldn't be alarmed. Looks like you started to flower and have changed to a flowering nuit schedule. Less nitrogen is good. What I'm seeing is just the fan leaves just using up the food source stored in them first. How long have you been in flower with this plant. And what strain is it. Some genetics will drop fan leaves faster then others after switching light schedule.

They don't look bad for plants in to flowering. From the second picture it looks like you are at least two weeks in. The purpose of hydroponics is to supply the plant only what it needs at any given point in its life, in flowering it needs less nitrogen and more potassium and phosphorus to produce flowers. Hydro grown plants won't behave the same as soil grown. If you are using a complete nutrient program for the flowering cycle no need to worry. This is just the plant using up the nitrogen it has stored up during veg. This is actually good as it will improve the ripening of the plant. Expect it to continue throughout flowering. Keep your ph in check though, I've never had mine fall mine always rises. Keep it between 5.5 and 5.8.

I found the problem a few days ago. :(

I recently changed my room up and made my veg room very small. Well long story short, all my lights go on at night while I sleep and I almost never check my room in the morning. One morning I check my room and its hot as h@ll, including my rezzy water.

So looks like the problem was hot rezzy water, causing root rot. sucks.

I knew I would have a temp problem and planned to correct the issue before summer, but it happened too quickly. I guess 2 600w ballasts & a 6 bulb T5ho fixture is too much for a sealed room of <50sq. ft.. I'm moving the ballasts outside the room and adding a small fan with thermostat to exhaust the air when temps get to high.

I hope my plants make it.

It's a pretty hardy plant they should survive but there obviously will be some damage. Too bad you are in flower. I had a pump fail a few weeks ago which left my plants flooded for three hours before I caught it. Same thing happened but I was in veg so it just set me back a week while they recovered. Let us know how they turn out in the end it will help others to know what to expect in a similar situation.

• 2 years later...

this is my specialty big dog and i have to say i goodled for yellowing of my coco plants im not a coco kinda of guy im am infomous and notorious when it comes to aroe..im not shure how to up load but im fucken bad to the bone with aroe that is my specialty so i will run you down what i see is happening high's to high in 78 must be 68 in water at all times if you use sterl nutrient keep it that way all the way threw and if you use benies benaficials it will gunk up you lines and your pipes and your pumps and your stones so you have to drop water ever four to five days it looks to me like you might have root problems dont be fooled by dies so they say its root rot first stages.. if you use hard water it gets more harder because your ppms shoot high and well i just dont recomend it taste like bunny muffin at the end.. its sweeter if its r.o water..

I guess 2 600w ballasts & a 6 bulb T5ho fixture is too much for a sealed room of <50sq. ft.. I'm moving the ballasts outside the room and adding a small fan with thermostat to exhaust the air when temps get to high.

Where did you expect the excess heat to go in a sealed environment?  Those bulbs get very hot as do the ballasts.  What is the 0th law of thermodynamics again?

also, your REZ should really be located outside of the flower room unless you are using a chiller or climate controlling your room.