8X20 Shed Grow

bmf725

Hello all I am new around here. I am building a 8'x20'x8' high shed. I have 3 cards so I am allowed 36 plants as of right now. I have a few questions. How many lights will I need and what wattage for a 8x10 flower area with about 20 plants? Also fans? how many will I need. I plan on fully insulating the shed to help maintain the temps. I have 2 outdoor seasons under my belt and have only started seedlings indoors. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated I just need to get an Idea of what I need to buy.

Thanks, BMF

Hello all I am new around here. I am building a 8'x20'x8' high shed. I have 3 cards so I am allowed 36 plants as of right now. I have a few questions. How many lights will I need and what wattage for a 8x10 flower area with about 20 plants? Also fans? how many will I need. I plan on fully insulating the shed to help maintain the temps. I have 2 outdoor seasons under my belt and have only started seedlings indoors. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated I just need to get an Idea of what I need to buy.

Thanks, BMF

I would wire your shed with at least 30 amps. Then probably room it off, with your flower area a lot bigger than you veg/seedling area. Lights? I would go with two bare bulbs, with plants arranged in a circle around the bulb, maybe have a modular vertical screen/scrog set up. You should be able to get 8 big plants around each bulb. Make sure you heat it well insulate it, and provide lots of ventilation. Your intakes should be at least be twice as much as your exhaust, better at three times as big. The better youVent and cool it, the less you'll need air conditioning later. So give it a plenty big exhaust fan, (by figuring the sq footage of the room and your fan's rating)you want new air every five minutes give or take and somehow filter your intake air. (furnace filter?) exhaust from the potentially hottest and highest point, probably right above your lights. Make sure to get a fan controler or thermostat control to slow the fan down in winter. Intake should be at the lowest point, and arranged to provide air flow though out the room. Make sure any ducts between the rooms has enough bends and turns to stop light leakage. You also could use circulating fans in each room. White painted walls make for easy clean up, and to spot bugs or molds growing.....good growing.....shredder

Shredder, that's a pretty in conventional setup. It would definitely work.

BMF725, I depends on how much money you want to spend but if your doing a full build out I assume you have a little money to throw around. I would go with a 4000w horizontal grow if I were in your place. Research a few different types of rooms and make a decision based on what you like best.

Thanks shredder. DO you know more on the fan controllers and how they work? and will they keep the room around the set temp using fan speed?

A fan controller is nothing more than a reostat that just controls the speed of the fan. A fan thermometer control turns the fan off or on based on the temp settings, usually there is a 7 degree spread or so. So if you set it at say 70, it wll turn your fan on at 73 and keep running till it goes off at 66 degrees. When your room heats up, or cools, it works automatically. You can use both at once, but the fan speed controler is controlled manually by a knob so the fan speed only changes when you change it.........shredder

I forgot to mention these controllers are almost idiot proof, he he. You simply plug you fan electric cord into it and plug the controler's cord into your outlet. No wiring involved. I have both and the thermostat controller was around $50, and I think the fan speed controller was around $40....shredder

That is sweet shredder It seems like that would make life much easier. What are some inexpensive ways to induce Co2 into the grow room? And I am kind of tossed up on what strains to grow myself and my patients suffer from chronic pain and sleep disorders any help would be great.

Thanks, BMF

That is sweet shredder It seems like that would make life much easier. What are some inexpensive ways to induce Co2 into the grow room? And I am kind of tossed up on what strains to grow myself and my patients suffer from chronic pain and sleep disorders any help would be great.

Thanks, BMF

The most inexpensive way Is to provide good ventilation. A room with a good exchange of air has all the co2 needed. To get any real benefit for a self contained co2 system, it quickly blows the budget. I would only consider that when you are up and running, if then.........shredder

Archived