Chronic Migranes, Nausea And No Medical Record

All my life I have suffered from horrible chronic migraines that have only gotten worse as I get older. It starts out with an aura and tunnel vision followed by sharp pains in the face, neck, and especially in the back of the head(I have had severe blunt force trauma to the back of the head though) and pressure in the eyes (I have an Astigmatism in one eye). I have not been able to rid of them or even deter them as of a year or two ago- I used to be able to control them with Excedrin Migraine and some Apple Juice, but I can no longer keep down ANY medications(I have tried)- they come right back up with a wave of nausea and vomiting with the spins for the next hour or so and Apple Juice no longer works. Countless herbal remedies have done nothing to help either. They are debilitating to the point where I spend the day in bed with a pillow over my face trying to sleep them off, which dose nothing for them because they come back right as soon as I wake up again, and usually much worse. After I had a really bad migraine yesterday(which continued from the night before), my roommate suggested applying for a Medical Cannabis card for the pain and vomiting, but I am not sure if I would qualify without the paperwork proving my condition, I have not been able to go to the doctor for the migraines because I cannot afford it. Dose anyone know if these symptoms Qualify? Or if there is any low-income clinic in Wayne County that may be able to tell me what I can do for the pain?

:Bump:

Hi, I posted this last night and am wondering if anyone knows, at least, of a clinic for low-income people in Wayne County. I know that there are posts like this but they do not answer the specific questions I have about my case, so I started this post. This is not my only medical condition, but it is the worst. I thought talking to a community that might understand would help point me in the right direction at least. If anyone has even a little info on this, please let me know- my migraines are running my life right now and I've had at least three this week- I just want to get rid of the pain so I can go live my life and look for work.

I second this inquiry. I am in the same boat as you, and I know mine are very debilitating. I've had them take away days from me and have negatively impacted work and school. I also get the depression/anxiety loop along with them, but the closest documentation I have for this is being prescribed a sleeping pill that doubles as a weak anti-depressant (trazodone). I too would like some advice on this.

You really need some kind of records, otherwise you'll have to go to some shady motel clinic that doesn't take records, leaving you with little ground to stand on if your card is ever challenged (illegal for them to do that, but when did that ever stop the gov?).

It's a real problem a lot of prospective patients face. Myself, I lost my health insurance years ago, and haven't been able to see a doctor since; had I not been going to a doctor so frequently for migraines, I would be pretty screwed right now as far as med mj goes.

Free/reduced rate clinics: http://www.detroitparishnursenetwork.org/clinics.html

I second this inquiry. I am in the same boat as you, and I know mine are very debilitating. I've had them take away days from me and have negatively impacted work and school. I also get the depression/anxiety loop along with them, but the closest documentation I have for this is being prescribed a sleeping pill that doubles as a weak anti-depressant (trazodone). I too would like some advice on this.

I know how that loop goes- its a hard one to stop especially if they try to drug you up to make you feel better- all the sleeping pills and depression pills they gave me did nothing but make me crazy. Prescription drugs only flower you up.

That is not exactly what I am talking about though- I am unable to afford to go to a doctor(Neuro to be exact) because it costs almost a grand and some people do not have that kind of money.

Archived