Overages

mgee

Just moved to Traverse City - I know there are a lot of collectives around the area, and I'm wondering how a caregiver

goes about getting rid of overages via collectives? Is it possible for just any joe schmoe to do? I'm just curious how it all works up here, any tips, pointers, etc would be appreciated.

I apologize ahead of time if This is a taboo topic - I am unaware as of right now, if I see my post deleted or locked in the near future I will know never to ask again.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Marc

Just moved to Traverse City - I know there are a lot of collectives around the area, and I'm wondering how a caregiver

goes about getting rid of overages via collectives? Is it possible for just any joe schmoe to do? I'm just curious how it all works up here, any tips, pointers, etc would be appreciated.

I apologize ahead of time if This is a taboo topic - I am unaware as of right now, if I see my post deleted or locked in the near future I will know never to ask again.

Marc

I think I can field this one. Although it is possible for you to approach any dispensary/collective/group of caregivers or individual street slanger in the your area to get rid of your extras. Our community would recommend a compassionate P2P direct transfer. I'm sure there are lots of members in your area. I grew up in Glen Arbor.

Heads up in the T.C. area.

I completely agree with you, and thanks for your reply. But in regards to legality, which is safest?

I have been informed by a couple of locals to check out a place here in TC called Crema? Aparently there are certain hours that patients and caregivers meet here? Anyone got the inside scoop on that so I'm not walking blindly into something?

EDIT: I'm know I dont have a high post count on here or anything but I assure you i've been around. I just don't want people gettting the wrong Idea about me here. I am a caregiver and patient and I'm just lookin for a little advice in a new area to me. If anyone wants to PM me even i would greatly appreciate it. If you're from the area and want to meet up before chatting I'm completely okay with that as well. I am aware of the paranoia some people carry, and for good reason. I'm just clearing things up.

I've read the law you're allowed to assist another qualifying patient with "medical use" definition includes transfer & delivery. The law protects you.

This forum allows you a chance to get to know other members, lets face it you don't want to mess with just anyone. Just cuz someone has a card doen't mean I would associate myself with them. I know some scumbags with cards.

as far as safety & Legality. The distribution centers & people seem to be ones that leo is going after. The patient is the one that the people have sympathy for. Your job as a caregiver is to assist patients with the medical use of cannabis. Now, go find some sick people and transfer some meds.

I carry they law with me. I assume leo doesn't know it. If you are doing a respectable P2P transfer and your caught, who knows.

If you're dropping off your meds at a collective or farmers market, who's to say they aren't going to follow you home and rob you. Transferring meds to anyone you don't know carries some risk.

Understood and appreciated.

I also carry a printed copy of the law with me at all times with highlighted areas of concern. No leo would easily put me in cuffs I assure you :)

Well, now that things are cleared up, maybe i'll make a TC post somewhere if there isn't already one.

Thanks for your time jessie.

Understood and appreciated.

I also carry a printed copy of the law with me at all times with highlighted areas of concern. No leo would easily put me in cuffs I assure you :)

Well, now that things are cleared up, maybe i'll make a TC post somewhere if there isn't already one.

Thanks for your time jessie.

Hi Mgee !!!

You have the right idea...checking out things by posting your concerns on this boards opens you up to wealth of info.

good luck with your Northern move.

dr. Jinx

You can check out Grand Traverse Compassionate connection, located at 207 Grandview Pkwy Suite 101. There office phone number, 231-883-4200. last I knew , they have private meetings on Wednesday @ 8:00 and Friday 6:00 to 9:00 or 9:30 .Good people there too.

Marc

Hi mgee. The community is large here. No need to take risks. Let me know if I can help. The Grand Traverse Compassion Club is a good place to start.

I do not like the word 'street slanger(slinger). Its beter called brokering, as you are brokering a commodity.

It is a separate job than a CG or P2P, it is a dedicated Patient who makes a business of assisting patients in finding meds - and helping growers move overages. Unlike the occasional P2P that might arise for any patient grower, this broker actively works with several growers to move their overages on a regular basis.

Like any employee, you should chose the one you can trust - trust not to hurt you, and trust not to sell meds to illegal sources. You don't need to be guilty by association - of someone selling your overages to police or criminals. Frequently growers need someone to trust to hold and move overages on a front, "take now, pay later". Sure, if you pick the wrong broker - you can get ripped off.

The broker should be knowledgeable - heavy in security tactics, because he is the isolator between growers who want to be anonymous, and patients you will do P2P with. He has to be the safety between growers and patients - to ensure that newbie patients don't get trash by unscruplus growers, to ensure that growers don't get targets by shady patients. Patients have to trust his quality inspection, growers have to trust that compensation will be returned.

Brokering is not that easy, you do have to deal with phone calls all day, night. You do have to deliver and pick up, you have to be on alert to avoid robbery or LEO. You have to build a secure system to protect the commodity or compensation. You'll deal with new patients with a million questions, patients who thought it should be free, patients wil demands - and then growers who might get itchy for money - calling you every hour for bank balances. You will build and maintain a network of people, by phone, by PM, by email.

A typical broker day: Broker gets 5oz @ $200 each, sells to patients at $280. Some patients will buy two or three. 5oz sold by the broker nets the grower $1000, the broker gets $400. Even grower doing $250 per, a broker gets $150 for a few hours work. Patients are happy with delivery. All this can happen in several hours or few days.

You should avoid double brokering, and double fronts. Best to broker direct to patients.

-DN

goodjob.gif

I do not like the word 'street slanger(slinger). Its beter called brokering, as you are brokering a commodity.

It is a separate job than a CG or P2P, it is a dedicated Patient who makes a business of assisting patients in finding meds - and helping growers move overages. Unlike the occasional P2P that might arise for any patient grower, this broker actively works with several growers to move their overages on a regular basis.

Like any employee, you should chose the one you can trust - trust not to hurt you, and trust not to sell meds to illegal sources. You don't need to be guilty by association - of someone selling your overages to police or criminals. Frequently growers need someone to trust to hold and move overages on a front, "take now, pay later". Sure, if you pick the wrong broker - you can get ripped off.

The broker should be knowledgeable - heavy in security tactics, because he is the isolator between growers who want to be anonymous, and patients you will do P2P with. He has to be the safety between growers and patients - to ensure that newbie patients don't get trash by unscruplus growers, to ensure that growers don't get targets by shady patients. Patients have to trust his quality inspection, growers have to trust that compensation will be returned.

Brokering is not that easy, you do have to deal with phone calls all day, night. You do have to deliver and pick up, you have to be on alert to avoid robbery or LEO. You have to build a secure system to protect the commodity or compensation. You'll deal with new patients with a million questions, patients who thought it should be free, patients wil demands - and then growers who might get itchy for money - calling you every hour for bank balances. You will build and maintain a network of people, by phone, by PM, by email.

A typical broker day: Broker gets 5oz @ $200 each, sells to patients at $280. Some patients will buy two or three. 5oz sold by the broker nets the grower $1000, the broker gets $400. Even grower doing $250 per, a broker gets $150 for a few hours work. Patients are happy with delivery. All this can happen in several hours or few days.

You should avoid double brokering, and double fronts. Best to broker direct to patients.

-DN

I completely agree with you, and thanks for your reply. But in regards to legality, which is safest?

I have been informed by a couple of locals to check out a place here in TC called Crema? Aparently there are certain hours that patients and caregivers meet here? Anyone got the inside scoop on that so I'm not walking blindly into something?

EDIT: I'm know I dont have a high post count on here or anything but I assure you i've been around. I just don't want people gettting the wrong Idea about me here. I am a caregiver and patient and I'm just lookin for a little advice in a new area to me. If anyone wants to PM me even i would greatly appreciate it. If you're from the area and want to meet up before chatting I'm completely okay with that as well. I am aware of the paranoia some people carry, and for good reason. I'm just clearing things up.

Im hoping we have alot more pt/c.g's looking to get rid of overages! top shelf at that!

there is a farmers market in macado once a month, and cc meeting once a week, google earth macado in alcona county i belive, the farm market is all card to card transfers,,you can meet some good peeps there,,you join the club for 25 bux a yr, and give a donation if you get a table at the farm market once a month!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Guest Happy Guy

Im hoping we have alot more pt/c.g's looking to get rid of overages! top shelf at that!

there is a farmers market in macado once a month, and cc meeting once a week, google earth macado in alcona county i belive, the farm market is all card to card transfers,,you can meet some good peeps there,,you join the club for 25 bux a yr, and give a donation if you get a table at the farm market once a month!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I believe it is Mikado. :D

I believe it is Mikado. :D

yup been there! real good people, I highly recomend it over a dispense to get rid of overages,,you will be helping pts, and it wont be getting the mark up the dispensed give em!

Peace

Jim

Archived