Pre Harvest Flushing

Water is called hydroponics, BubbleGrower is the man to ask on here with hydro questions IMO. The bubble bucket is a simple system that is touchy. If you learn basics of the marijuana plant and its tendencies as well as signs of problems and solutions to those problems then you can pull it off but you can't leave for a day, when I used soil I could leave for a few days and know that my plants would be fine, maybe a little thirsty becasue the auto water system I had was homemade and not great but they wouldnt die, one day of problems in the bubble bucket and you can kill a plant, it will happen if youre not paying attention. If you wanted to PM me feel free, I'm probally more available then BG to answer questions and if I can't answer anything for you then I can point you in the right direction.

Good luck my friend

Thanks to all for the replies.

Just to clarify (should have mentioned this in the first post), there is a MMMA forum member, can't remember who, that yanks his soil-grown plants out and flushes in bubble buckets.

Well I have a few plants under my belt now and I flushed all but my last one the headband. I had to take it early due to some personal issues. But toy total amazement it is next to cutty's pre 98 the best I have ever had it goes cutty's pre98, my 707 headband, and an unknown sources Apollo 13. So I am not flushing my next harvest to test it. I know what it tasted like with a flush we will see what it is like without. I am also trying a week to 10 days of dark on this one.

You are smoking joint and you notice how black in color, and sometimes little crystals in the ash? That is left-over nutrients. A nice grayish clean ash is preferred. A burning in the back of the throat is a good indicator of pesticide.

: Flush, yes, as for me I let the last reservoir of nutrients get down to 1/2 the ppm adjusting Ph only, then 7 days (6 1/2) of Ph correct low ppm water (90ppm here) 24hr dark period, harvest.

I forgot, I kill the pumps the last 24hr also.

i gro in dirt and usually will start flush 7-14 days before harv, depending on size. just plain water till it runs out bottom of bucket, runs not dribble. last harv the flush was cut short and the bud wasn't consistantly flavorful, some was down right nasty. I'd rather take a plant a little late as to taking it before my flush is finished. I do believe i will be adding molasses this time. just my 2 cents

One of the problems with the "classic" flush and dirt/soilless is the poor timing. Most strains in the last two weeks of ripening (defined by final calyx swelling) are in the process of shutting down and dying. Fan leaves have yellowed and fallen, chlorophyll production throughout the plant is falling, and vigor falls. Saturating the soil and roots is not a great prescription anytime in a grow, but there at the end and with low transpiration, it is very rough on the plant. I prefer a happy plant at harvest time...

Not really. Most of us know a flush is one of the most important components to The Finish. If you don't flush you just skipped a step. If you are using chemical salts for nutes, there is no short cut around flushing when producing medical.

Uhh, most people believe that more additives make for more bud, i guess their conscience is consoled by the false insurance of the "final flush". There are discerning cultivators who understand that the right amount of nutes is best non-toxic.

Guest Happy Guy

Uhh, most people believe that more additives make for more bud, i guess their conscience is consoled by the false insurance of the "final flush". There are discerning cultivators who understand that the right amount of nutes is best non-toxic.

Look on all the growing web sites. When they take a poll, about 4% do not flush their hydro. Google it. I use the correct amount of nutes AND flush.

Lets put it to rest with this, If you want to be like longhairbri stay low on nutes, and keep your res/medium clean and you can not flush, according to him, I have NO experience not flushing. If you follow a feeding schedule from a nute supplier, you MUST flush, they want you to buy their products so they have ever additive under the sun in those feeding schedules and if you don't flush that your meds will burn to a nasty black ash and you WILL taste the ferts no questions asked. Everyone is going to tell you something different, whoever said they were going to try next run no flush after he ran a full flushed run has the right idea. Try both and see what works for you youre never going to find the "right" answer

Lets put it to rest with this, If you want to be like longhairbri stay low on nutes, and keep your res/medium clean and you can not flush, according to him, I have NO experience not flushing. If you follow a feeding schedule from a nute supplier, you MUST flush, they want you to buy their products so they have ever additive under the sun in those feeding schedules and if you don't flush that your meds will burn to a nasty black ash and you WILL taste the ferts no questions asked. Everyone is going to tell you something different, whoever said they were going to try next run no flush after he ran a full flushed run has the right idea. Try both and see what works for you youre never going to find the "right" answer

I'll agree with that. if you're following the chart, from the person trying to sell you something, YOU MUST FLUSH! hopefully you haven't damaged the circulatory system too bad to work.

on another note, in nature where's the flush? ain't one! if your trying to replicate nature your not cramming everything into your plants hoping what it needs is there, then trying to wash out everything it didn't. in a natrual system EVERYTHING is already there, in light amounts, as long as the roots are airated, the plant gets what it wants, when it wants.

how do I know that mine is a natral system? easy. once a week I fill my 3x55gal. res and nute to 1000ppm. my system holds 30gal. when not flooded. the ppm in system always tests to around 850+ at res fill up time. meaning my plants use water at about the same rate as nutes. balanced. natrual. I don't test for ph. I don't filter my water (DWS) I fill up once a week and forget about it!! $60 worth of DynaBloom and D/G MagPro lasts me at least 1 full cycle. same recipe in grow as bloom.

my yields and my quality can speak for themselves

if your having ph or nute swing problems your doing something wrong!! Quit listening to the guy at the growshop or a nutriet company.

THERE'S TRYING TO SELL YOU SOMETHING YOU DON'T NEED!!!!!!

I'll agree with that. if you're following the chart, from the person trying to sell you something, YOU MUST FLUSH! hopefully you haven't damaged the circulatory system too bad to work.

on another note, in nature where's the flush? ain't one! if your trying to replicate nature your not cramming everything into your plants hoping what it needs is there, then trying to wash out everything it didn't. in a natrual system EVERYTHING is already there, in light amounts, as long as the roots are airated, the plant gets what it wants, when it wants.

how do I know that mine is a natral system? easy. once a week I fill my 3x55gal. res and nute to 1000ppm. my system holds 30gal. when not flooded. the ppm in system always tests to around 850+ at res fill up time. meaning my plants use water at about the same rate as nutes. balanced. natrual. I don't test for ph. I don't filter my water (DWS) I fill up once a week and forget about it!! $60 worth of DynaBloom and D/G MagPro lasts me at least 1 full cycle. same recipe in grow as bloom.

my yields and my quality can speak for themselves

if your having ph or nute swing problems your doing something wrong!! Quit listening to the guy at the growshop or a nutriet company.

THERE'S TRYING TO SELL YOU SOMETHING YOU DON'T NEED!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!! It's exactly how longhairbri broke it down, the dude at the hydro store is there to sell, and honestly a lot of them don't know what they are even selling. Read books, do test runs, talk to CGs, read this website, read more books, do more test runs, smoke your product, see what you like, see what you don't like, figure out how to change it, thats whats called dialing in your strain IMO :thumbsu:

Good luck sir, anyone need anything PM me I'm by no means an expert but I can help and have a lot of free time with this awesome insomnia

Look on all the growing web sites. When they take a poll, about 4% do not flush their hydro. Google it. I use the correct amount of nutes AND flush.

Well, that just says that 96% overfertilize to the point that they feel that some desperate treatment is necessary. There is an old axiom that 95% of all new business's will fail within 5 years, from the looks of your poll, the same must be true of growers...

Personally, I flush because thats how I was taught to do it and I have always done it. I use FF nutes but do not follow their feeding schedule,it would cost an arm and a leg if I did! 3 tsps of this add this and this and so on, its ridiculous. My buddy was ready to spend the dough to buy all their nutes to follow the recommended chart, I told him it wasnt necessary and to use the hydro grow big throughout the whole life of the plant and add the solubles to boost the P and K. I watch my plants and can pretty much tell what they need and when to boost something and I have no issues w under development or nute burn but I still flush cuz thats what I was taught. I would like to try just once to feed through the flowering cycle w no flush to see if there is a difference in taste, production, smoothness or the way the meds burn but it would be a real bummer to find out that not flushing was the wrong thing to do.

well a lot of different opinions out there...to flush or not to flush ...i am gonna do a hydrid flush probably this time shorter duration add a lil bit of nutes and molasses and then last watering will be a h2o ...only but i just cant do the whole 2 weeks water only...not this time maybe ill experiment more in the future

boy its good to be back,i've missed visiting,i grow in hempys,using fox farm nurts,i flush twice durning my grows,first at week six and then again about 2 weeks before harvest,first to avoid nurt lock out ,second time for flavor..just the way i do it..i grow in 2 gal. buckets and i put about 6 gal.though it when i flush...i love hempy buckets,how do guys who grow in soil flush with out drowning their plants or over watering them? ..zb

boy its good to be back,i've missed visiting,i grow in hempys,using fox farm nurts,i flush twice durning my grows,first at week six and then again about 2 weeks before harvest,first to avoid nurt lock out ,second time for flavor..just the way i do it..i grow in 2 gal. buckets and i put about 6 gal.though it when i flush...i love hempy buckets,how do guys who grow in soil flush with out drowning their plants or over watering them? ..zb

Drowning is mostly an issue for small plants. Larger plants can be drown, but it takes a lot.

• 2 months later...

i use the ff nutes and promix in 5 gal buckets. I use less nutes then the feeding scd. says to use.

I found that not useing any nutes for the last two weeks, Water only, didnt work for me. There just

was'nt very much taste in my weed. The ff big bloom needs two weeks off for sure, But the tiger bloom

witch I use up to 6 days before harvest, Enhances the flavor big time.

The only way to ever know what kind of flush is for you, Is to expierment for yourself. Everyone grows

a differant way, With differant strains, Dirt, Nutes, And so on.

Put a plant aside and try something differant with it. Thats the only way to know if something works.imo

There are a lot of people who can convince you of something and they dont know themsleves what will work

for you.

There are always differances between grow rooms.

Archived