Flowering Times?

tooldini

I was wondering about flowering times on certain strains. I am growing cali hash plant and it says 45-55 days. I am at day 35 and it does not look very ready. Should I expect some massive growth in the coming weeks? I assume it should take off but never grew anything but ruderalis autos before. I have also put these plants thru hell. I assume this may throw things off so should I not go by flowering times and just use my judgement on how they look and what the trichomes are telling me? I have noticed some good growth in the last couple days I have changed to a bloom nute by earth juice

Thanks,, I was thinking that may not be what I really had to pay attention to. Some of the buds on the cali hash are about a quarter size in diamter and of course the Royal Haze buds are mostly much smaller and spaced far apart. bad thing is I am running out of height for this plant and it is kinda getting burnt on the tips a little. Should I try bending it over a bid even though that won't really move it much from the lite?

Too many people believe the hype from the seed vendors and harvest their plants much too early. What looks big and beauteous at 45days will shrink as it drys to a feathery unattractiveness if you harvest early. After all your time invested, let it grow and smoke later with no regrets.

• 2 weeks later...

well day 46 on the cali hash and I think it is looking pretty chunky right now. I will check trichs tonight just to see, but I expect its not ready. The Royal Haze is finally showing some good growth tons of buds and some long buds of course they don't seem as fat as the cali hash. Would that be due to the Sativa in it?

tooldini, I'm sure by the heighth they are growing if you see a small burn it may be, but if there isn't intense heat where those tips are at then you may be developing 'hash tips' where there is so much vigorous trich growth near the tip that they blanch out white. Only you'd know based on where they are and the adjascent heat, but I have seen hash tips on plants very close to lights soaking up tons of lumens with the area still cool to grow that close.

I've personally never grown a non-CO2 plant with quality in anything less than around 63-70 days, but like others I prefer to check the trichs with a 30X so I can see a concentrated area to check for nice amber heads.

figured I had about 30 days on that haze I have not checked trichs on either. The haze has way more red hairs than the cali hash plant. The hash plant is just a bunch of pretty white buds. That is a sweet avatar KING I love that show LOL

• 4 weeks later...

I am on day 74 of the hash plant. Can I go too long? Here are some pics if they help. I quit feeding over a week ago cause I thought I was talking it down but it just didn't seem ready. So it is looking a little more rough due to that also. should I bring her down or wait more LOL it is getting more like the photos I see so I figured that was good

hashplant74a.jpg

hashplant74b.jpg

hashplant74c.jpg

hashplant74d.jpg

yes you can wait to long. not saying you did though. what color are the trics under microscope?

if you dont have a microscope.. then i would say it is done being its been 70+ days

and by the appearence of your pics

Wait to long and it turns into couchlock or munchy mania. Yours looks about done. Calyx's are swollen, a minority of white hairs, and the trichomes look cloudy. I'd let it finish it's last drink and hang it up. BTW, it's a good idea to pull those yellow leafs before they dry out, once they are dry and crumbly they end up sticking to all the glands...

I think I may have seen 1 amber trich out of thousands LOL I do have a 45X micro scope. I read somewere that some plants just don't get many or any amber trichs so think your right and I probably should chop her down in a day or so.

she has been getting just water for probably 10 days. Last watering was last night. I water them every other day due to the heat and I have them in too small of pots I am sure so I was watering more frequent. This plant was burnt bad early into flower along with my stupid Royal haze(thats keeps getting burnt) I chopped the top off a while ago and it just got huge up there after the chopping LOL

There are actually three phases to the harvest cycle. Once the calyx have swollen to seed size and the crystals are relatively clear, that is Phase one. It will produce the speedier, head high regardless of strain ( but of course it will be more pronounced in the Sativas ).

Phase two the trichomes are roughly 50/50 on the cloudy-clear scale, the red hair count will exceed the white by approximately 60-40, and the resulting effect will be partly head and partly body.

Phase Three and the trichomes are mostly cloudy, and the red hair/white hair ratio will be about 80/20 to 90/10. This phase will cause the heavy, lethargic body effect (again more pronounced in the Indicas ).

In the end, it's up to your eye and what you're looking for in your medicine. The times these phases occur vary from strain to strain; it takes a trained eye and experience to get it right. Patience and practice.

She coming down tomorrow,,it was prettier last week but looks more DONE now so she's coming down. Thanks guys my gram a month smoking will make this last a long time LOL probably give most away

Wow a gram a month ?

Dont forget to post some harvest pics :)

Scooter that makes sense and thanks for sharing that with us. I think I am learning pretty well what to look for now.So this will be more of a heavy couchlock style effect I would guess from what I see. It is an Indica mostly and the first strain I vapped or smoked that I thought actually had a nice taste. I am not a smoker LOL leaves a sweet almost fruity taste in your mouth

Yeah maybe a little more sometimes. I only take like 2-5 hits off my pocket vaporizer like 3 times a week sometimes 4. Helps me keep off most of my asthma inhaler use. I will get some pics up once I trim her up nice as I know how.

Many people don't realize that marihuana is a succulent, and it has a variation in its flowering cycle that can be used to ones benefit. Phase harvesting is VERY helpful in staggered harvesting as well; your girls will produce more and you will have a larger selection of effects. It really helps when you have Indicas coming on and you prefer Sativa effects. Enjoy, you deserve it.

And remember, cloning is your friend. Cloning from clones is fine; I've cloned more than 6 times down ( C from a C from a C from a C from a C from a Mother) and there was no genetic shift, clone 6 was as good as the original Momma. The gene/clone degradation myth was started by seed suppliers; they WANT you to buy seed every harvest, not whenever you want a new strain :). Stay Safe, and keep on learnin!

I learn new tricks every year; from first time growers and 40 year growers!

So is this why when I grew a couple purple jems lowryders I had two different effects on them. The first one I grew till the trichs were almost all cloudy with a few clear. The effect was very smooth and came on slowly and lasted a long long time. The next one I grew till over half amber. The effect was faster and harder hitting but did not seem to last as long and probably not as good for pain. Purple jems are Ruderalis,indica . I'm learning :thumbsu:

Archived