Nick And Barb Agro.

Nick and Barb Agro.

I saw Nick and Barb Agro last night. I shook her hand and hugged her. I can tell you that I know she is scared, and I can tell you also her son is scared. Of Course Sal Agro the father, and patriarch of the Familypassed away from a heart attack after his home was raided by so called police officers in masks, with ak47's, will not be there (may he rest in peace). I was overcome with the feeling that this kind, sweet women, who reminded me of my own mother, is on trial tomorrow, accused of being a criminal. The jury that will determine whether the allegations are in fact a crime will not hear the actual truth in this case.The honorable Wendy Potts has ruled that because Mrs. Agro violated the law,she is not entitled to raise the medical marijuana defense in front of the jury, leaving her with no defense at all. When 63 percent of the voters pulled the lever to vote on the MMMA, I believe every single one of those voters understood that the law would provide an affirmative defense to any and all medical marijuana charges, before a jury. What is happening in Barb Agro's case, and what has transpired in Oakland County is actually bigger than medical marijuana. Instead I believe that her case is more of an example of how far removed from the truth the law enforcement is from the medical marijuana community. And how little they care. A patient herself, she is now facing felony conviction, and possible prison sentence, while real crimes continues to occur in Oakland County and throughout the state. The allegations against her are nothing more than providing medicine to sick people who couldnot get it elsewhere. I am hopeful that the jury sees through this, and can tell that this nice sweet woman, whose hand I held, like it was my own mothers, does NOT deserve any of this. The powers that be in Oakland County by their own admission have declared that they are on a "crusade against medicalmarijuana." They are doing this to “protect the children.”

Nick Agro the son of the “Defendant” on trial today, calledme asking for our community to show up in support, I could hear the tremble inhis voice. The reality of his mother being convicted of a felony was upon him. His mother whose biggest crime was probably cheering to loud for her sons playing in a football game, now on trial for a felony.

Wouldn't it be nice if despite the failures of the OaklandCounty bench (no diversity of thought on the interpretation of the MMMA) andthe Prosecutors office to apply this law as it was intended, the jury, “the people”, see the truth? For all the sick people in this state, for all the compassionate people that help sick people in this state, let us hope that the results of this case are positive and the beginning of the end of prosecutionsof patients in Oakland County and throughout the state.

Michael A. Komorn

Attorney and Counselor

Law Office of Michael A. Komorn

3000 Town Center, Suite, 1800

Southfield, MI 48075

800-656-3557 (Toll Free)

248-351-2200 (Office)

248-357-2550 (Phone)

248-351-2211 (Fax)

Email: michael@komornlaw.com

Check out our Radio show:

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

NEW CALL IN NUMBER: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Wednesday 8-10:00p.m.

PLANET GREENTREES

w/ Attorney MichaelKomorn

The most relevant radio talk show for the Michigan MedicalMarijuana Community. PERIOD.

If you have a medical marihuana question or comment, pleaseemail them to me, or leave them on the forum for the MMMA, and I will try toanswer them live on the air.

http://www.blogtalkr...lanetgreentrees

PLANET GREENTREES Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Call-in Number: (347) 326-9626

Attorney MichaelKomorn’ practice specializes in Medical Marihuana representation. He is a boardmember with the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association (MMMA), a nonprofitpatient advocacy group with over 20,000 members, which advocates for medicalmarihuana patients, and caregiver rights. He is also an experienced defenseattorney successfully representing many wrongfully accused medical marihuanapatients and caregivers throughout the State.

This is another reason why we need to keep the public AND our 'MMJ community' informed on the use of 'Jury Nullification'.

If any of us end up in the 'jury' trying a case that we feel goes against the ''true meaning of the law', we have the right to say so, and if nothing else, the case might at least be re-tried under more favorable circumstances if we use our legal rights.

Not sure if this will even be a jury trial but....

Michael, is it written law that if a patient violates the MMJ act in any way that the violator will be charged with felony drug charges? If someone violates the traffic laws while driving they get a ticket and a fine unless it's for DUI then off to jail and rightfully so. Why doesn't our law have the same type of exceptions? or does it?

I'd like to know the same thing. I'd also like to know how a judge can prohibit a mmj defense, when the only reason she's on trial is because she's a mmj patient. If she wasn't a patient she wouldn't have had any mj and wouldn't have transfered it to someone else. What reason has the judge given for denying a mmj defense? Is there any recourse to this type of injustice?

God bless truth seekers like Michael.I was at Oakland county yesterday with protesters as Oakland County held 3 cases against MMJ Patients. Barb Agro's case was postponed again by the prosecutor Beth Hand. My belief is that it was due to the protesters outside informing potential jury members of Barbs Patient status. I believe that a grass roots effort to research upcoming MMJ cases and putting together a GREEN TEAM of patients to picket could be a very effective tool to educate the public of these travesties and potentially hamper Prosecutors ability to dupe jurors. I watched in awe yesterday as a patient represented by Matt Able was found guilty of cultivation. I am certain that if the Jury would have aquitted these patients had they been able to raise a defense using their Patient status. Judges and prosectors are colluding to keep these facts from juries. I am asking for volunteers to help with these measures. I, for one, will not sit on my hands while innocent individuals are convicted for choosing an alternative medicine.

God bless truth seekers like Michael.I was at Oakland county yesterday with protesters as Oakland County held 3 cases against MMJ Patients. Barb Agro's case was postponed again by the prosecutor Beth Hand. My belief is that it was due to the protesters outside informing potential jury members of Barbs Patient status. I believe that a grass roots effort to research upcoming MMJ cases and putting together a GREEN TEAM of patients to picket could be a very effective tool to educate the public of these travesties and potentially hamper Prosecutors ability to dupe jurors. I watched in awe yesterday as a patient represented by Matt Able was found guilty of cultivation. I am certain that if the Jury would have aquitted these patients had they been able to raise a defense using their Patient status. Judges and prosectors are colluding to keep these facts from juries. I am asking for volunteers to help with these measures. I, for one, will not sit on my hands while innocent individuals are convicted for choosing an alternative medicine.

Thanks for your support and lets all try again May9 same time same place

Thanks for your support and lets all try again May9 same time same place

May 9th, Monday, ARRRG! I'm unavailable!

I had a thought about the jury pool & jury nullification.

Your protest corrupted the jury pool. My thought is, what is they had gone through the process of seating a jury and even got to the prosecutions case? As I recall from my trial in Oakland County there was a lot of time to interact with jury members during breaks for lunch and at the end of the day. My trial lasted for 2 or 3 days I can't recall. I made sure to let the jury see me interacting with my family. My kids, wife and mother. I made sure that the jury was able to see me as father, husband, son and provider not a druggie or dealer.

My case came out great. The jury convicted me on the charge that I wasn't disputing (possession) and the more serious charges I was acquitted.

I see a potential protest happening while the jurors return from lunch. Even if you can get to just one of them, they'll all be wondering if Barb is a Patient in the jury room. Can you see the note coming to the judge. "Is the defendant a MMJ patient?"

Beth would be pissed!

Is she handling this herself of did she pass it off?

on a personal note....hey Beth, your witness was a liar and a whore-monger ...ha ha ha ha ha ha!

my thoughts and prayers go out to the agro family :bighug:and to everyone else that has had to endure such heartache and terror,the people who belong on trial are here are the jack booted thugs and prosecutor who caused this mess and heartache for the agro family.

Archived