Patients Card With Wrong Info

MrGreenGene

So my first patient received her card today with the wrong info! It names her as her own caregiver after the paperwork she sent in CLEARLY named me as her caregiver. What gives? Can't those idiots who are running this program read simple english? I am pissed off to say the least. It's a darn good thing that I am still under my plant count even without her. I wonder about my personal card that I am waiting for, or my 3 other patients that are still waiting for their cards? Are those gonna be messed up too? Something has to change, this is ridiculous and puts good people at risk.

I should have stayed underground!!!

MrGreenGene

It depends. I know of patients with legit caregivers and their card says "NO CAREGIVER" on the back. If this is the case, then this is normal. As long as all of the paperwork has been sent in, and the other information is correct, there shouldnt be a problem.

This is just merely my personal experience and I could very well be wrong.

So my first patient received her card today with the wrong info! It names her as her own caregiver after the paperwork she sent in CLEARLY named me as her caregiver. What gives? Can't those idiots who are running this program read simple english? I am pissed off to say the least. It's a darn good thing that I am still under my plant count even without her. I wonder about my personal card that I am waiting for, or my 3 other patients that are still waiting for their cards? Are those gonna be messed up too? Something has to change, this is ridiculous and puts good people at risk.

I should have stayed underground!!!

MrGreenGene

My last recertification i checked the box removing my wife from her caregiver duties making me the caregiver/patient and Lansing sent it to us leaving her as caregiver next time I'm making sure they grant my my plant possession rights and getting my wife out of the program . :thumbsd:

It depends. I know of patients with legit caregivers and their card says "NO CAREGIVER" on the back. If this is the case, then this is normal. As long as all of the paperwork has been sent in, and the other information is correct, there shouldnt be a problem.

This is just merely my personal experience and I could very well be wrong.

That is NOT correct. You have to contact the department and get

it straightened out or the caregiver is not asigned.

In that specific instance, Caregiver A was denied after application was sent in. State of Michigan automatically defaulted the card to normal applicant w/o caregiver status. New caregiver forms were filed 2 months after patients hard card was received due to MDCH contacting Caregiver A and explaining the fault. Caregiver B was approved (his wife) and until a new card is issued, the patient remains with a hard card saying "NO CAREGIVER" and "Able to Possess Plants : Yes"

Thank you for clarifying though. I would have hated for someone to get in trouble trying to follow my advice. Hence the disclaimer stating it was not actual advice ;)

Guest Medicinal Patient

There was an error on my first card and I sent an email to BHP-MMMPINFO@michigan.gov informing them of the problem. Thery replied the next day, corrected the error and sent a new card out immediately.

Heyy,

Thank you for sharing that email address! Thats a huge help for me and others. Is that the standard address for most issues? Again thanks!

My first Patient card had the birth date wrong. One email to the MDCH at the address listed above and a new card arrived 2 weeks later. I've had 3 card issues regarding patients and caregivers since '09. When it comes to renewals and corrections they move faster than you would think.

Here's a good one. My wife is a PT, and I am her CG. Her first card was this way. We sent in a renewal, with everything required, and they sent out cards to us both, stating exactly what we expected. Later they called to clarify something, and informed my wife that she was a PT with no caregiver.

How the heck do you send out a CG card, and not put it in the system?

They are a bunch of clowns over there that really need either more manpower, or someone who pays attention to what they are doing.

Cedar

They had my patients cards wrong making them their own CG's which took 3 months to get. It took a solid 3-4 months to clear it up. New cards showed up every things correct but now it's almost time to renew... JOY

Do you have copie's of all Paper work??..If Not RE-SUBMIT...A.S.P....We had a screw up also!!..Gama Patient/With own plant's!!..Me, Her Cargiver No Plant's but could Adminster If Needed!!....RE- New, Came i was her Cargiver,With Plants!!....No Need to take any Chance's..As we will be the one's to deal with L.E.O....Just my 2 cent's worth!!...Peace!!! :thumbsu:

Well I have left two voice mails and sent two e-mails.......still no response! This is really pissing me off! On the other hand I did receive my card yesterday with all the correct info. Now just gotta get this cleared up and hope my other three patients cards come with the correct info.

MrGreenGene

They got my birthday wrong, even though it was clear on multiple forms. I complained and requested an accurate card. A few week after that they sent me the same card, with the same incorrect birthday.

Great job, MDCH.

Good to see 7.5 Million in Application fees is being appropriated properly.

The MDCH MMMP moves fairly quickly in these circumstances; if you have the original copies along with the certified mail,signature mail, etc info then they know that THEY can be held liable for incorrect card issues and/or registry errors. Their very good at covering their own arses lol! And apparently they are FINALLY assigning or hiring more individuals to handle the backlog. I received this information from a worker assigned to the MMMP department. They are very fearful of legal backlash due to these errors, and well they should be. Proving them to be at fault could cost them dearly, monetarily and showing the governments ineptitude at handling what should be a simple registration. Maybe the Secretary of State should take over card issuance??? I'm sure a few lawsuits would get them straight quickly :)

We Are freak's about Paper Work!!!..."COPY EVERYTHING"...2x's...Always!!...As we will be the one;s that pay the $$$...When we Re- Submitted!!..They gotta copie's Cert..Mail!!...We Have Reciept's!!..Paper Trail!!....Better Safe Than Sorry!!..As I said Before they need some Quailty Control!!!...Peace!!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

My "Patient" received [MY] Caregiver Card in the mail and never informed me of the receipt. While the Caregiver Card is expired, I could not renew it because I never received it and did not know the Caregiver ID# and Patient #s. The "Patient" passed [himself] off as a Caregiver, providing caregiving services to others even though the expiration was clearly noted for 2011, and as of recent, had [his] plants and equipment confiscated by police... but no charges? Effectively, he has stolen my identity in his activities but I see no resolve to this issue. Further, I have never grown nor provided [any] caregiving services to date because of non receipt of my Caregiver ID Card. Essentially, I feel that I was deprived of a status through deception on the part of the Patient.

My "Patient" received [MY] Caregiver Card in the mail and never informed me of the receipt. While the Caregiver Card is expired, I could not renew it because I never received it and did not know the Caregiver ID# and Patient #s. The "Patient" passed [himself] off as a Caregiver, providing caregiving services to others even though the expiration was clearly noted for 2011, and as of recent, had [his] plants and equipment confiscated by police... but no charges? Effectively, he has stolen my identity in his activities but I see no resolve to this issue. Further, I have never grown nor provided [any] caregiving services to date because of non receipt of my Caregiver ID Card. Essentially, I feel that I was deprived of a status through deception on the part of the Patient.

Forgot to mention, the "Patient's" Significant other had prior knowledge of this activity but failed to correct, but instead promoted the activity through assisting in activities of false Caretaking sales.