Just To Set The Record Straight

Grow Thread

Doc DOES give a discount to Michigan medical patients. You just can't beat that.

Just another of the many things I didn't know

Thanks

Not trying to knock him. just searching for honesty in a "seedy" business

bow.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thequietone

I am going to say this and take the chance of being banned again.I am neither for or against dr green thumb seeds never have grown them.What I am against is the free advertising provided by a couple indivauls by doing journal after journal of cached pages of dr green thumb product for free seeds.Go look and see who started 90 percent or more of these journals .I see no benefit to giving dr greenthumb seeds a special section unless they pay a special fee.If indiviuals want to do journal after journal then dont label them or pay an advertising fee, answer what strain they are in pms then we would do away with free adds.These indivauls are also doing very little for the movement by sending there money out of country with nothing coming back to the political movement.The administration of this site harps and harps about california meds WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THAT AND OUT OF COUNTRY SEEDS.The famous dr green thumb is doing very little for the political medical marijuana movement in michigan except filling his pocket by selling to the sick in michigan.This guy charges 200 dollars for 2 seeds and buys a 600 dollar add wow 6 seeds worth.Lets not forget the super generous 10 percent discount for michigans sick,10 PERCENT OFF SALE WONT EVEN GET ME IN A BRICK AND MORTAR STORE.If all the seed company groupies spent half the money on political action that they send out of country the movement would be in better shape.I am not a very strong supporter of the mmma as I was banned for bring these issues up.I am not a paying member and dont really know if I will be a supporter of the mmma for these reasons.I will not send my finances to an organization that I am affraid to voice my thoughts.I SAY NO GREEN THUMB SECTION UNLESS ADD DOLLARS ARE RECIEVED.YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY.I also dont buy the garbage that the grow section is what is going to keep the mmma a float.there are all kinds of grow forums out there and probaly better grow site than the mmma.The politics and connections that are michigan will be what sets the mmma apart.

If you get banned for stating your opinion I will personal take care of the problem. Nothing in your post breaks our rules.

I am going to say this and take the chance of being banned again.I am neither for or against dr green thumb seeds never have grown them.What I am against is the free advertising provided by a couple indivauls by doing journal after journal of cached pages of dr green thumb product for free seeds.Go look and see who started 90 percent or more of these journals .I see no benefit to giving dr greenthumb seeds a special section unless they pay a special fee.If indiviuals want to do journal after journal then dont label them or pay an advertising fee, answer what strain they are in pms then we would do away with free adds.These indivauls are also doing very little for the movement by sending there money out of country with nothing coming back to the political movement.The administration of this site harps and harps about california meds WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THAT AND OUT OF COUNTRY SEEDS.The famous dr green thumb is doing very little for the political medical marijuana movement in michigan except filling his pocket by selling to the sick in michigan.This guy charges 200 dollars for 2 seeds and buys a 600 dollar add wow 6 seeds worth.Lets not forget the super generous 10 percent discount for michigans sick,10 PERCENT OFF SALE WONT EVEN GET ME IN A BRICK AND MORTAR STORE.If all the seed company groupies spent half the money on political action that they send out of country the movement would be in better shape.I am not a very strong supporter of the mmma as I was banned for bring these issues up.I am not a paying member and dont really know if I will be a supporter of the mmma for these reasons.I will not send my finances to an organization that I am affraid to voice my thoughts.I SAY NO GREEN THUMB SECTION UNLESS ADD DOLLARS ARE RECIEVED.YOU HAVE TO PAY TO PLAY.I also dont buy the garbage that the grow section is what is going to keep the mmma a float.there are all kinds of grow forums out there and probaly better grow site than the mmma.The politics and connections that are michigan will be what sets the mmma apart.

Well since we are all being upfront

My feelings have been nearly mirrored in your post

Thanks

I don`t completely disagree about his prices but I can tell u I know most of the growers u refer to and I assure u they are trying to help by showing the community some awesome genetics. I know this for a fact. While they do receive some free seeds they buy way more than they get for free because they no what they are paying for = Quality genetics. Peace, Afi

Say what you want about docs prices so far his bubba kush outshines it all for me and any grower worth his her salt clones so paying $100 for a seed that yields a POUND indoors that you can keep in your garden for as long as you like is good for me and apparently many others too. :thumbsu:

Guest thequietone

I have some ideas Joe that we should talk about at the BBQ. By then I will have my thoughts in order and can present it best.

Guest thequietone

Free seeds make me suspect and is nothing but free advertising for green thumb seeds.Why do we need to put strain name to show there work to help out michigan patients.To get more free seeds.I think there should be a rule only so many grow journals with named strain per person.Take that part of the equation away and I bet you dont see these same indivauls doing journal after journal worshipping a breeder who does very little for michigan.Or if Green thumb wants a special place to show case then pay for it.Also the groupies should pay to post as after 1 or 2 journals it becomes nothing but free adds.Until the mmma collects for all the free adds I am going to be a free member.At one point I had a CHECK WRITTEN TO THE MMMA and when I began questioning free seeds and add polcy I was banned.If some one wants to get me the g 13 clone to run and pass around freely get it to me i WILL PASS AROUND CLONES and I will breed it and give it to michigan med patients for free keeping it in the state.SLIDE THE LID OFF THE COFFIN INDY AND GET THE CUT DUDE THAT GIANT BUD IS GOING TO ROLL US OVER

JDM my thoughts are very similar to yours and I ask you to give us time to make the changes that will work for the good of the community and the 3MA. In the past I have been called slow because I don't rush into things. I have this thing about doing things twice and it's really annoying to me. A slow methodical way of thinking works best for me and I want to do this right the first time. By the 18th I will have a plan that I can present to Joe and if he likes it we can move forward. I am interested in hearing any input from the members so everyone post your thoughts in this thread.

Free seeds make me suspect and is nothing but free advertising for green thumb seeds.Why do we need to put strain name to show there work to help out michigan patients.To get more free seeds.I think there should be a rule only so many grow journals with named strain per person.Take that part of the equation away and I bet you dont see these same indivauls doing journal after journal worshipping a breeder who does very little for michigan.Or if Green thumb wants a special place to show case then pay for it.Also the groupies should pay to post as after 1 or 2 journals it becomes nothing but free adds.Until the mmma collects for all the free adds I am going to be a free member.At one point I had a CHECK WRITTEN TO THE MMMA and when I began questioning free seeds and add polcy I was banned.If some one wants to get me the g 13 clone to run and pass around freely get it to me i WILL PASS AROUND CLONES and I will breed it and give it to michigan med patients for free keeping it in the state.King diamond tell me the difference between a 25 dollar dispensary gram, which if I recall you thinks is over priced,how is this different than a 100 dollar seed.SLIDE THE LID OFF THE COFFIN INDY AND GET THE CUT DUDE THAT GIANT BUD IS GOING TO ROLL US OVER. I DO CLONE QUITE WELL IN FACT.but just because you can clone does not justify the prices. Dont buy the hype people lots and lots of seeds for way less many breeders out there.Go out and look and there are many knock offs of green thumb seeds and if you read the right forums some will explain how green thumb stole others work depending who you belieeve.Like the auto Iranian is just a light sensitive auto afgani depends who you believe.I believe very little I read on the internet

Dude just admit you have a personal beef here because to me it sure looks like you have dr greenthumb squarely in your sights hate the game not the player bud .

Grow journals draw traffic hot genetics draw traffic i had people from belfast ireland contacting me reguarding docs bubba kush how kool is that?

In reference what would make this a top notch grow site Blueberry?

Take a look all over the web journals drive cannabis orientated websites people looking for info on certain breeders genetics then join and become a staple on that site for years to come now we have a member here who says i got my check made out for my membership but since dr greenthumb has too many journals i refuse to pay ?

Seriously? :lol:

Each grow area should be open for all breeders stock to be showcased and most of the breeders approached would gladly donate to our cause but unless I'm including docs website link in my grow that should not be considered a sales AD but a look at the characteristics of that specific strain to help patients find the strain they desire most for their ailments .

I am glad some of our folks are getting a few free beans. I do however expect some cuttings from you guys. :goodjob: The journals are important. I love watching plants grow. It is therapeutic. So everyone start a grow journal.

There, I have admitted it. I am becoming a Bubblehead! :rolleyes: Thanks, BB

OK then I would like to see Bubblegrower welcomed back. :)

Say what you want about docs prices so far his bubba kush outshines it all for me and any grower worth his her salt clones so paying $100 for a seed that yields a POUND indoors that you can keep in your garden for as long as you like is good for me and apparently many others too. :thumbsu:

I see exceptional results (as posted) in Doc's gear. No I can not afford to buy em, don't mean I gotta feel the need to bad mouth em.

Don't mean will never run across a cut or so.

Thar is value in them beans.:jig:

No matter how you slice it if a mod is taking free seeds it makes the site look bad

First off i just became a mod a few weeks back and any test beans i was gifted was done so before being announced as a mod and i do not show anyone any favoritism if there was bad results to post you would see that as well in my journals so far Ive been blown away by his genetics i donate way more than i use myself so in that aspect Dr greenthumbs test beans medicine goes to people with little or no money so in the long run he does support Michigan patients .

I'm dying to grow some of the local guys gear triclouds genetics look very nice id love to grow some of his hes just never asked me too another thing from this point on ill be introducing other breeders stock in the grow area as to not look partial to one breeder .

Believe what you want about grow journals they are just a little bonus.I came here and come here for the political news period.I didnt send my check as I was banned for questioning the appearance of mods recieving free seeds and am quite glad I didnt send check as I surely dont want to be a paying member and not be able to post, hell I am still banned from the g 13 thread.No matter how you slice it if a mod is taking free seeds it makes the site look bad and at the very least it appears biased.Maybe mods dont have a fudicary duty to anyone but them selves.I dont care one way or the other about green thumb seeds except I have always believed they need to pay to appear anywhere on the site how ridicoulos is it to have the good dr coming on the forum and stating his out of stock product is now in and not recieve any funds.now king diamond tell me how the out of country seeds differ from cali meds.I have been growing for 35 plus years and dont buy all the hype.king if you were so excited about talking to some one from over seas you really wouldnt know what do do in the netherlands would you.And I can tell you for sure when I was in amsterdam the locals werent talking about dr greenthumb hell he wasnt even a spott in his mommas mind yet.

Dude you need to relax...It is obvious you have some personal beef with Dr. Greenthumb because the majority of your post history the last few months is bashing Dr. Greenthumb, his genetics, and any growers who journal his strains.

Personally, I really appreciate guys like Porcupine, King Diamond, and Dr gruber taking the time to journal their experiences with any strains whether it be Dr. Greenthumb genetics or otherwise. This type of info is very valuable to not only caregivers but patients as well. You can believe what you want to believe but not every journal on this site was provided with free seeds. Whether they are or not still doesnt negate the fact that members who take the time to journal strains and give grow and smoke reports are providing hundreds or thousands of people with good, valuable information.

You can say what you want but honestly the results some of these guys are getting speak volumes. If you are as good of a grower as you say and have so much experience then you would appreciate good genetics when you see them, regardless of price. No one is forcing you to do anything. If you dont want to order a certain breeders seeds, then dont! If you dont like a certain breeders genetics that someone else is journaling...Then dont look at the page! It's that simple...

So take a chill pill, or roll up a J of one of your own personal strains, and relax! Stop bashing members of our site because they journal strains by a certain breeder you dont like!

I see exceptional results (as posted) in Doc's gear. No I can not afford to buy em, don't mean I gotta feel the need to bad mouth em.

Don't mean will never run across a cut or so.

Thar is value in them beans.:jig:

Taj, let me know if your interested in some cuts. I have several Dr. G strains.

Believe what you want about grow journals they are just a little bonus.I came here and come here for the political news period.I didnt send my check as I was banned for questioning the appearance of mods recieving free seeds and am quite glad I didnt send check as I surely dont want to be a paying member and not be able to post, hell I am still banned from the g 13 thread.No matter how you slice it if a mod is taking free seeds it makes the site look bad and at the very least it appears biased.Maybe mods dont have a fudicary duty to anyone but them selves.I dont care one way or the other about green thumb seeds except I have always believed they need to pay to appear anywhere on the site how ridicoulos is it to have the good dr coming on the forum and stating his out of stock product is now in and not recieve any funds.now king diamond tell me how the out of country seeds differ from cali meds.I have been growing for 35 plus years and dont buy all the hype.king if you were so excited about talking to some one from over seas you really wouldnt know what do do in the netherlands would you.And I can tell you for sure when I was in amsterdam the locals werent talking about dr greenthumb hell he wasnt even a spott in his mommas mind yet.

Who the eff is this guy? Man, you really need to find a different subject to come and ramble on about. Been growing 35 years? Maybe you should take a break and figure out how to properly type and punctuate a post.

John you need to quit hating bro. Had you not got into my buddies G13 journal and pissed all over it, I would hook you up with some clones of Dr. G's gear. But....you take it upon yourself to come through here and create drama. For being in the game so long you should know about quality and consistancy. I will pay anything for that.

The Netherlands? hahahhahahahah is this guy serious? What good has come out of the Netherlands lately? Oh wait, the next new Elite back crossed to an Afgani male to get seeds. Cool. I can't wait.

You need to look an see what Doc does. He brings the rarest Elite strains to everyone in seed form. I have heard crazy stories about people paying thousands for elite cuts, so why is it any different to pay 200.00 for a pack of beans? I don't see the issue.

I have plenty of Doc Greenthumb gear in my stable, and I didnt pay a dime for it. I have met several great people around here that pass around his genetics freely. I'm sorry that you had to come in here and trash things John, or you prolly could of got some cuts to spread around.

What kind of clothes do you wear John? I wear Walmart clothes so if you wear anything more expensive than that, I am going to come into your threads and trash them because I think the more expensive clothes aren't worth the money. Same situation bud. Quit acting like a child.

Johndeermuskies is banned from this topic Ive tried very hard to reason with him and he just continued his personal attacks everyone has their own choice if you have a problem with a breeder just refuse to buy their genetics end of discussion don't continually belittle the website population who choose to do so and show the world the results . :mellow:

Just because you donate meds that are green thumb genetics does not mean green thumb is doing anything for the michigan medical movement.Get real dude.My complaint is free advertising period.I dont need any of your cuts or clones AND i FIND IT SO COMPASSIONATE THAT YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM FROM ME BECAUSE I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD PAY THERE OWN WAY.You people dont get it stop advertising for anyone for free it does nothing for mighigan.I grow all kinds of strains PEAK, ROYAL CANADIAN MARIJUAANA COLLECTIVE, HEMP DEPOT, ATTITUDE, UDG.I DO NOT RUN FREE ADDS FOR ANY OF THEM.I WILL NEVER SUPPORT THE MMMA FINANCIALLY UNTIL THEY CHARGE FOR ADVERTISING.DONT ASK ME FOR MONEY WHEN THE ADMINISTRATION SCOUNDERS VALUABLE SPACE AND GIVES ANY SEED BANK FREE ADVERTISING.HOW CAN A NON PROFIT LIKE THE MMMA THINK THAT IT IS ALL RIGHT TO PROVIDE THIS SERVICE TO A FOR PROFIIT BUSINESS in any form, being posted by a seller stating product is in or the groupies who take free seeds and post journals that are nothing but page after page of a running adds at no charge and deprive the site advertising dollars.I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE YOU CAN ALL SHOW YOUR PICS FOR ALL TO OOH AN AHH OVER WITHOUT PUTTING ANY STRAIN BREEDER INFORMATION.IF THIS WAS REALLY ABOUT THE COMMUNITY THESE INDIVAULS WOULD SEE THIS ,BUT IT IS NOT. IT IS ABOUT EGOS AND GREED .THE MATERIAL WOULD STILL BE THERE BUT IT WOULD NOT BE A FREE ADD.STOP WASTING RESOURCES AND USE THEM TO COLLECT EVERY DIME FROM EVERYONE WHO ADVERTISES HERE TO FIGHT THIS BATTLE BEFORE YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO ASK ME FOR MY MONEY.AS FOR THE COMMENT i HAVE CAME HERE AND BASHED GREEN THUMB FOR THE LAST MONTH I BET I HAVE POSTED HERE LESS THAN 5 TIMES IN THE LAST MONTH BESIDES THIS THREAD.I dont really come here and post and probaly will do even less posting and coming here as I find the bashing of dispensaries,whining about cali meds and free advertising not very productive.I do support the michigan medical movement but I am not a strong supporter of the mmma for these reasons.see ya im done

Thank you. Find a new site to soak with your tears.

Guest thequietone

Okay folks lets get back on topic and try to work together to make the grow section the best it can be. Thank you.

WHile it really has not a lot to do with the topic I just have to say that having Doc actually come on here and talk just amazes me. I was listening to pandora the other night and heard a song about the guy and thought wow cypress hill and kottonmouth kings sing about this guy and he is art of our forum. How freaking cool is that. Now my question about the grow journal section is could we have a sections for any seed company willing to make say a yearly donation for advertising? Just a thought mostly wanted to say I thought it is really cool to have someone that is well known be part of our community. Haven't grown his stuff yet but I have been impressed by what I have seen and heard.

WHile it really has not a lot to do with the topic I just have to say that having Doc actually come on here and talk just amazes me. I was listening to pandora the other night and heard a song about the guy and thought wow cypress hill and kottonmouth kings sing about this guy and he is art of our forum. How freaking cool is that. Now my question about the grow journal section is could we have a sections for any seed company willing to make say a yearly donation for advertising? Just a thought mostly wanted to say I thought it is really cool to have someone that is well known be part of our community. Haven't grown his stuff yet but I have been impressed by what I have seen and heard.

I think they are probably referring to B-Real, who is one of the members of Cypress Hill and goes by the alter-ego/alias of Dr. Greenthumb. The song Dr. Greenthumb by Cypress Hill is B-Real telling the story of his alter-ego, a cannabis grower.

It's still a VERY big deal he is here!!! I just wish more breeders would post, as I know for a fact that several prominent breeders are members here.

Let's talk about site policy. King, how should we design our grow area to make it the best on the web? What does the MMMA need to do to become top flight across the board. To be the definitive resource for all growers. Let's build it from the ground up. BTW, I want a cutting of that! :goodjob: Thanks, Bb

Enzymes are proteins that catalyze (i.e., increase the rates of) chemical reactions. I don't think that I'm alone in thinking that we lost one of our biggest enzymes. I'm not sure what happened, but I try reading between the lines, and something must have taken the wind out of his sails. I've read his posts here and on other forums, and it is quite obvious that he not only has a passion for growing, but a true passion for sharing his knowledge. And he stimulates paticipation, whatever the subject. It's a shame that we have to build from the ground up.

i didnt even bother to read all of johndeeremuskies posts. no need to. i have banned him once for good cause after many warnings. so the shyt he types is worthless to me.

i have just spent a week on the UP doing some planting. i discovered a food called "pasty's" and of course ate my first one. i had to stop on the highway because there was a moose 20ft off my truck. its a beautiful place up there. seriously. got some fishing time in as well. had a blast all around....... despite the 50mph occasional wind gust.

ill be around in the next couple days and will post in the journals soon.

on my end, everything was 100% fine and dandy with the greenthumb section for 4 months . the topic was open on the back end for a couple weeks. all agreed. we opened it. all was fine.

a few weeks ago joe orders it shut down ...... just a few days after the doc makes a $600 payment to the site for a sig ad for the year ... this is after the section has been around for 4 months already mind you ..... so he makes the payment, and the section goes away.....

i can tell everyone that's NOT how to run a successful site.

the dr. greenthumb grow section was active for 4 months. if there was a problem, it should have been addressed LONG ago. it's 100% visible to all. no excuses here at all.

great to hear from ya BG. the Pasty's are a Northern MI tradition. Really great when prepared right. If you ever get the chance, way up north in and near Lake Michigame is really gorgeous, last i knew anyway. so many great places right here in our own state.

Archived