Bad Blood Documentary

This is something that has effected anyone that has had a blood transfusion from the 1960s through he early 1990s, I'm posting just to show how lucky we all are that there are groups out there that fight and get the government to listen.

Do you know how it feels to get a letter in the mail saying sorry but we think you may have gotten a bad bag out of a pool of blood please come get checked for who knows what? I have it sucks and is scary, this group saves not only patients but the entire population...

Well it wont let me use the other website image on here, but this is news from the Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan. www.hfmich.org

Bad Blood Documentary Coming to PBS Stations in June

YPSILANTI, MI, May 16, 2011 – Bad Blood: A Cautionary Tale chronicles a frightening time in our nation’s history when our blood supply was breached by both AIDS and hepatitis. Through the eyes of survivors and family members, Bad Blood tells how a “miracle“ treatment for hemophilia became an agent of death for 10,000 Americans. Faced with evidence that pharmaceutical companies and government regulators knew the product was contaminated with deadly viruses from the 1960s through he early 1990s, the hemophilia community launched a powerful and inspiring fight to right the system that failed them and make it safer for all.

“The lessons learned from this tragic time should not be forgotten. Out of this tragedy and similar experiences worldwide, a new era of safe and effective treatment products emerged. However, there is a continual need for worldwide vigilance to prevent history from being repeated.” – Make Skinner, President, World Federation of Hemophilia

The bleeding disorders community continues to stand as guardians of the nation’s blood supply using the history recounted in Bad Blood as a call to arms for continued vigilance today.

Mark your calendars for the TV Premiere Broadcast: June 2nd at 9PM – PBS World.

Michigan Broadcast: WKAR World- Lansing Public Broadcasting June 2nd at 10 AM and 4 PM, digital channel 23.4; Lansing Comcast Cable channel 20 or 243 and East Lansing channel 28 or 243.

Check your local listings at www.badblooddocumentary.com/broacdcasts or contact your local PBS station and ask them to broadcast Bad Blood: A Cautionary Tale.

If you have questions about Bad Blood, please contact Ivan Harner harner@hfmich.org or 1-800-482-3041.

Edit: .img extension couldn't be used?

800.482.3041 | 734.544.0015 | 1921 W. Michigan Avenue | Ypsilanti, MI 48197 | hfmich.org

Thanks for reading...

Trix :bong2:

Guest finallyfree09

i remember a kid coming to deer camp many years ago. he had hemophilia and had to take all of the injections and what not. he died from aids AND hepatitis that he contracted from a bad batch of the platelets or whatever it was that he was recieving. it was pretty sad and also was something i will never forget.

This is something that has effected anyone that has had a blood transfusion from the 1960s through he early 1990s, I'm posting just to show how lucky we all are that there are groups out there that fight and get the government to listen.

Do you know how it feels to get a letter in the mail saying sorry but we think you may have gotten a bad bag out of a pool of blood please come get checked for who knows what? I have it sucks and is scary, this group saves not only patients but the entire population...

Well it wont let me use the other website image on here, but this is news from the Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan. www.hfmich.org

Bad Blood Documentary Coming to PBS Stations in June

YPSILANTI, MI, May 16, 2011 – Bad Blood: A Cautionary Tale chronicles a frightening time in our nation’s history when our blood supply was breached by both AIDS and hepatitis. Through the eyes of survivors and family members, Bad Blood tells how a “miracle“ treatment for hemophilia became an agent of death for 10,000 Americans. Faced with evidence that pharmaceutical companies and government regulators knew the product was contaminated with deadly viruses from the 1960s through he early 1990s, the hemophilia community launched a powerful and inspiring fight to right the system that failed them and make it safer for all.

“The lessons learned from this tragic time should not be forgotten. Out of this tragedy and similar experiences worldwide, a new era of safe and effective treatment products emerged. However, there is a continual need for worldwide vigilance to prevent history from being repeated.” – Make Skinner, President, World Federation of Hemophilia

The bleeding disorders community continues to stand as guardians of the nation’s blood supply using the history recounted in Bad Blood as a call to arms for continued vigilance today.

Mark your calendars for the TV Premiere Broadcast: June 2nd at 9PM – PBS World.

Michigan Broadcast: WKAR World- Lansing Public Broadcasting June 2nd at 10 AM and 4 PM, digital channel 23.4; Lansing Comcast Cable channel 20 or 243 and East Lansing channel 28 or 243.

Check your local listings at www.badblooddocumentary.com/broacdcasts or contact your local PBS station and ask them to broadcast Bad Blood: A Cautionary Tale.

If you have questions about Bad Blood, please contact Ivan Harner harner@hfmich.org or 1-800-482-3041.

Edit: .img extension couldn't be used?

800.482.3041 | 734.544.0015 | 1921 W. Michigan Avenue | Ypsilanti, MI 48197 | hfmich.org

Thanks for reading...

Hi Trix, Mosshowd here.

FYI.

The US Military makes their own vaccinations. In doing this they do not have to follow FDA guidelines (CFR21) during the manufacturing of said vaccinations. THIS IS FACT! I have built labs leased to the USARMY in Beltsville MD during the early 1990's. This lab did not come close to meeting the requirements current good manufacturing practices(cGMP).

I gave over 13 gallons of blood to the red cross during my time in the military only to fine out in the mid 1990's I was a victim of this system! In my opinion the USARMY created HEP-C in a vaccine for HEP-B. Made in a lab operated by the US army and given to me and all my army buddies before deployment in 1975, we all are HEP-C positive.

I'm currently in the struggle myself, w/ Hepatitis, its ruining my insides. That's why I have been so i'll in the recent days..

This organization is a great place.. just thought I'd share their story with you all.

Finallytfree, I'm sorry you had to go through seeing that, its hard for me as well as most my friends don't come around me cause they don't understand that I have to inject and do those sorta things. It's a eye opener for alot of people that just look at a person and don't see a illness then judge them (look he's shooting up) . Don't judge a book by it's cover people, most are sick and you just cant see it.

It is sad and frustrating to observe how the sick and dying are treated in this country. Ever since the Moral Majority/"Christian" Conservatives decided that HIV and Hepatitis-C were punishments from God exacted upon humanity for moral transgressions, people with myriad diseases have been regarded as moral lepers who have simply received divine justice. Talk about Middle Ages mentality! To this day, I am unable to reveal to anyone other than immediate family that I have an incurable disease that I contracted from a blood transfusion. I am afraid of the way I will be viewed by others. I don't want to be regarded as a leper, so I keep the truth to myself and carry on as if I am "normal". Sad commentary on life in the US in the 21st century.

I really hope I live to see the day when Pat Robertson, Ralph Reed, Billy Graham Jr., et. al. develop diseases related to old age and become drooling, doddering husks of their former selves. If there is a God of Justice, these self righteous, holier than thou creeps will end up sitting in a pool of their own bodily waste while they babble inanities about their knowledge of the God of the Universe.

post-15244-0-70179200-1305729656_thumb.jpeg

aye amish,

No worries, now you have a place to talk about it at. I assure you that getting a batch of blood that infected you with something incurable is NOT your fault.

I to felt scared and alone when I heard I caught something from a transfusion (I do these 3x's weekly at home) back in the 80-90's I was just a young kid that had to get real blood to live. I didn't know what was keeping me alive was the actual reason I will eventually die?

Makes me sick when I read that the government knew they were dispensing bad blood for decades and they knew it the whole time!!!!!

Thanks for letting others know that it happened, the government knew about it and did nothing.

:bighug: if you need someone other than family to talk to PM me, I listen well.

Hi Trix, Mosshowd here.

FYI.

The US Military makes their own vaccinations. In doing this they do not have to follow FDA guidelines (CFR21) during the manufacturing of said vaccinations. THIS IS FACT! I have built labs leased to the USARMY in Beltsville MD during the early 1990's. This lab did not come close to meeting the requirements current good manufacturing practices(cGMP).

I gave over 13 gallons of blood to the red cross during my time in the military only to fine out in the mid 1990's I was a victim of this system! In my opinion the USARMY created HEP-C in a vaccine for HEP-B. Made in a lab operated by the US army and given to me and all my army buddies before deployment in 1975, we all are HEP-C positive.

Sorry Moss, I missed your post before. You know all to well what this post is all about then huh?

Yeah that's nuts, sucks when I read that the lab in question didn't come close to the requirements....That's about right though, I applaud you for doing what you have done in your past and also I'm sorry that you were effected by this bad blood!! I'm glad you made it home safe as well as the procedures that are in place now to screen for negatives..

I do have good news to report though, at my last Hematology/Oncology appointment I was told that I now have a negative viral load for Hep-C, I guess they said that I was lucky and my body fought the disease off on its own.. that only happens to a handful of people that are infected with this. Although my body has went through 20 years of damage from the disease I'm glad it is no longer present in my system, yet its effects are still reeking havoc on my insides...

Edited by trix

Hi Trix, Mosshowd here.

FYI.

Interesting .. I was in basic training in Ft. Polk in '75.

I am now cured of Hep-C. Not sure about Hep-B. Something odd always comes back from that test.

And I was a regular plasma donor in the 80's.

Edited by peanutbutter

Interesting .. I was in basic training in Ft. Polk in '75.

I am now cured of Hep-C. Not sure about Hep-B. Something odd always comes back from that test.

And I was a regular plasma donor in the 80's.

Thank you PB, you donating that plasma is why I'm still alive today :goodjob:

I must have had a super bad or a few bad bags of blood, I was infected with a,b,&c

BTW PB, did you get my PM?

I have only used MMJ for this; I refuse to do the interferon. I know what’s in that crap, I'll take my chances without!!! :sword:

I have made my living most all of my adult life in the pharmaceutical industry, As of January 15th, 2010 I stopped taking all five of my maintenance prescriptions drugs for various stuff. I am 100% clean of all prescription drugs. I feel better than I have in years. I do take a single aspirin every night before bed. If the American population would take the time to read the fine print on the published drug warnings, they would not put 90% of this trash in their bodies!

TO BIG PHARMA IN AMERICA IT'S ALL ABOUT

MONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEY

MONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEY

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH!

Sorry Moss, I missed your post before. You know all to well what this post is all about then huh?

Yeah that's nuts, sucks when I read that the lab in question didn't come close to the requirements....That's about right though, I applaud you for doing what you have done in your past and also I'm sorry that you were effected by this bad blood!! I'm glad you made it home safe as well as the procedures that are in place now to screen for negatives..

I do have good news to report though, at my last Hematology/Oncology appointment I was told that I now have a negative viral load for Hep-C, I guess they said that I was lucky and my body fought the disease off on its own.. that only happens to a handful of people that are infected with this. Although my body has went through 20 years of damage from the disease I'm glad it is no longer present in my system, yet its effects are still reeking havoc on my insides...

It's interesting to note .. When people are going through the interferon procedure, they are four times more likely to have a zero load at the end if they are regular consumers of cannabis.

Most of that is the simple fact that cannabis makes it possible to make it all the way through the program. Many people don't make it all the way through. They decide that it isn't worth saving their own lives to go through the treatment.

I won't do the treatment(Hep C here). I would die in the process.

U of M frowned when I mentioned cannabis, but now that I have no insurance it doesn't matter.

Swampy went thirteen years after being told his liver was to far gone for the treatment. When they tole him that they also told him he had about three months left.

in my paranoid mind the story amounts to Genocide of sick people by an uncaring medical consortium concerned with profits and eliminating as much load/risk off the books by knowingly infecting already sick people with deadly life ending diseases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ADD EMPHASIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO CARES IF IT WAS NOT MALICIOUS OR WITH BAD INTENTIONS/SUBTERFUGE THAT THESE PATIENTS WERE INFECTED WITH KNOWN PATHOGENS!

YOU ARE STILL CHARGED WITH MURDER FOR DRIVING OVER SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU KNEW YOU WERE BUZZED WHEN YOU GOT IN THE CAR FOR A SPIN TO WALGREENS...EVEN THOUGH YOU NEVER........... MEANT .......TO KILL ANYONE

I AM SICK OF ONE SET OF RULES FOR US AND ANOTHER SET OF RULES FOR THEM-HECK THEY ARE PLAYING A WHOLE DIFFERENT GAME THAN MOST OF US------

IT IS TIME TO PUT AN END TO THE MURDER!

I feel so bad for anyone who's gotten this bad blood. :bighug:

Contaminating blood purposely- they have NO SHAME. Their karma is coming.

WHAT THEY DON'T WANT US TO KNOW IS our bodies have a natural healing process, IF our immune systems are healthy, a healthy body is better able to fight off disease, undo any damage that may come from being weakened by something, or stop it at least from getting worse. The sooner something is detected, the faster a good, natural, wholesome diet and lifestyle will start working to reverse the damage or at least minimize it. They (big pharma) don't want cures, some even admit that. IF we take care of ourselves, we can avoid many illnesses. It starts with a healthy immune system. They profit by our miseries, they've been experimenting on us for decades! Look all around us, contaminants are everywhere, in food, plastics, air, water, everything. What they don't understand is, they're not immune to it either. I hope they die a slow, painful death. Drowning in their own waste sure is a great punishment. I hope they are totally aware of what's happening to them, too, so they can look in the mirror and REMEMBER what they've done to others. Now it's payback time, they think they can escape it. We'll see who has the last laugh.

I'm glad the truth is being exposed. You have my support.

Sincerely, Sb :wub:

• 1 year later...

Hi Trix, Mosshowd here.

FYI.

during the vietnam era over 250,000 of us were injected with contaminated air injectors & contaminated gamagobulan.

they can't afford to comp us. And they have fought hard not to. They know our time is running out.

It cracks me up when 5 or ten people are exposed at a clinic & everyone freaks.. If they only knew.

If you are a vet, you HAVE to get checked. please........