What Does It Cost You Per Ounce To Grow

budhabit

I am not trying to start another debate on the Cost of Medical Marijuana I am bringing the topic up because most patients that I run into are disabled and are on fixed incomes and cannot afford 150 to 300 an ounce a month for there meds.

This is why I have started growing with Litro Glow Litro Glow bulbs are basically the most cost effective way to grow indoors. So cost effective in fact we believe now that it is possible to cost effectively grow produce indoors in the winter time. Litro can reduce your grow cost down to as low as $30 an ounce that is the bottom line.

Litro is not claiming that it is going to produce the biggest baddest buds like you would see on the cover of High times we are simply and honestly claiming that Litro will produce the same quality product for far less in cost than any other lighting system in existence that is a fact. Litro fits in any T8 4 foot fixture and will run cooler than most other bulbs so cool that your plants can grow right in the bulb with out burning with more light output than a t5 there fore eliminating the need for AC or expensive equipment to cool your room. Litro can be connected to 110 v that consumes 24 watts per bulb or 220 volt that consumes only 18 watts per bulb There is only one other light source that can grow greener and more cost effectively then Litro and that is the the Sun. And these bulbs last 5 years.

Litro appears to have gotten my grow cost down to around 30 an ounce and I would like to hear from others as to what is cost them per ounce to grow indoors the only other way that I know that I could grow cheaper is outdoors or in a greenhouse.

Let me know we need to make Medical Marijuana affordable to Patients that need it

Hello Bud I hear you beating this drum a lot but nobody chimes in with "There the best", "WOW great grow and saved me money" It would be interesting to hear some feed back from others who have used these. Peace

I know what can I say look back in history as to how long it took to convince people that the world was round seems like the same thing applies here.

But seriously I would like to discuss any option that can get grow cost down and make the Medical Marijuana affordable as you know we provide cannabis oil or simpson oil as some call it to patients that truly need it and we provide if for free because they can not afford the cost of this oil and we are going broke doing it but we can not give up and let patients down that need this medication, I know there are some out there that do not feel the same way we do and if a patient can not afford it thats to bad for them sorry to hear about there bad luck and ignore there needs.

I can't seem to find an "Ignore" feature within these forums, can someone advise me on how to avoid these worthless and misleading infomercials?

I would like to keep this thread on topic and discuss cost effective ways to grow if this topic bothers you . You are free to ignore it and not read it

Used litro in the past, went back to HID after harvest. They're not even close. T5 would be a better option IMO, both growth and density was a joke with Litro flouro's. On paper everything is better than HID's though.

Used litro in the past, went back to HID after harvest. They're not even close. T5 would be a better option IMO, both growth and density was a joke with Litro flouro's. On paper everything is better than HID's though.

glad for your input but I would like to ask you were you got your litro bulbs since they were just introduced into Michigan 4 months ago and there are only 3 sources to get these lights from and there has only been One source so far to have done a comparison with them. So since I know your not with green hands of aloha that means someone is not telling the truth

glad for your input but I would like to ask you were you got your litro bulbs since they were just introduced into Michigan 4 months ago and there are only 3 sources to get these lights from

Green hands has had em for sale online for ever, there was a big "craze" in cali a few years back about these, handfuls of grow stores threw em on the shelves for a few months, most started backing off. If you're on a extreme budget, they'll work, but I'd take a T5 setup personally. I just don't feel engineering technology that has been phased out is a very logical decision by anybody, had they built these bulbs on the T5 platform they would perform 10x better I believe. T8's have been being phased out for some time now due to inferior technology.

Green hands has had em for sale online for ever, there was a big "craze" in cali a few years back about these, handfuls of grow stores threw em on the shelves for a few months, most started backing off. If you're on a extreme budget, they'll work, but I'd take a T5 setup personally. I just don't feel engineering technology that has been phased out is a very logical decision by anybody, had they built these bulbs on the T5 platform they would perform 10x better I believe. T8's have been being phased out for some time now due to inferior technology.

Well Jipo I can honestly call you a Liar and I do not call some one that unless it is true and that does not happen often the fact is Green hands did not start selling litro until last November after they tested them for about a year and Litro did not introduce these lights to the grow industry until last a year in April when they hooked up with Phoenix tears. And this can be confirmed with the CEO of litro and Green hands Why you have to lie to get your point across is beyond me now you word is worthless to me from now on. and I would like to get this thread back on topic on cost effective ways to grow and I welcome honest Ideas not lies

I can't seem to find an "Ignore" feature within these forums, can someone advise me on how to avoid these worthless and misleading infomercials?

real simple do not click on the thread and read the topic or is that to complicated for you

I normally don't get in the middle of these drama fests and this will be my one and only post in this thread, Ill read responses and treat your opinion with respect BUT:

You have been spamming this board about these lights, I am SURE everyone appreciates that you are trying to help patients and CGs with a cost effective way to grow but you're also not going to convert the whole state of MI to your favorite form of light. If they work for you, which we all know they do I've seen at least 5 posts from you about them then that’s awesome, but they are not going to work for everyone, and that’s the honest truth. Just because a lot of patients are on disability etc doesn’t mean everyone is, also there are patients with EXTREME medical conditions that require the potency and quality that you're only going to get with HID lights. People are trying every thing possible, LED, CFL, T5, T8, T12, and on and on and on, and yet the indoor caregivers that are producing the high potency, high quality medication GENERALLY, not always, but generally go back to their HPS and MH until someone figures out how to make the plasma lights cost effective, and there is still plenty of testing to be done on that. Caregivers are going to use the lights they want to use, and if they want to change to your lights then they have many posts to find anything they need to know about them from your posts.

Your title states this is about cost of growing, but there is only 1 line in your whole post about cost, the rest of the post is an ad for Litrogrow, you basically typed out the description that you can find online. Also your blatant disrespect for members who are also stating the truth that you post is an ad is very disheartening, especially seeing that your title is a CC Organizer. Your technique on trying to get the word out on these lights may be working, but I would defiantly file this under the "negative publicity" column solely on how you have responded to anyone questioning the product, where your post is very susceptible to questioning of the product you are pushing so hard.

We understand you like these lights, the posts make me think you are in some way involved with the company but that is none of my business. You have made your point clear, there is no need for anymore spam for these lights.

I normally don't get in the middle of these drama fests and this will be my one and only post in this thread, Ill read responses and treat your opinion with respect BUT:

You have been spamming this board about these lights, I am SURE everyone appreciates that you are trying to help patients and CGs with a cost effective way to grow but you're also not going to convert the whole state of MI to your favorite form of light. If they work for you, which we all know they do I've seen at least 5 posts from you about them then that’s awesome, but they are not going to work for everyone, and that’s the honest truth. Just because a lot of patients are on disability etc doesn’t mean everyone is, also there are patients with EXTREME medical conditions that require the potency and quality that you're only going to get with HID lights. People are trying every thing possible, LED, CFL, T5, T8, T12, and on and on and on, and yet the indoor caregivers that are producing the high potency, high quality medication GENERALLY, not always, but generally go back to their HPS and MH until someone figures out how to make the plasma lights cost effective, and there is still plenty of testing to be done on that. Caregivers are going to use the lights they want to use, and if they want to change to your lights then they have many posts to find anything they need to know about them from your posts.

Your title states this is about cost of growing, but there is only 1 line in your whole post about cost, the rest of the post is an ad for Litrogrow, you basically typed out the description that you can find online. Also your blatant disrespect for members who are also stating the truth that you post is an ad is very disheartening, especially seeing that your title is a CC Organizer. Your technique on trying to get the word out on these lights may be working, but I would defiantly file this under the "negative publicity" column solely on how you have responded to anyone questioning the product, where your post is very susceptible to questioning of the product you are pushing so hard.

We understand you like these lights, the posts make me think you are in some way involved with the company but that is none of my business. You have made your point clear, there is no need for anymore spam for these lights.

Well if you think that I am just spamming by posting a thread about Litro and cost effective ways to grow then please ban me and instruct the MMMA to pull Litro off the Store and I do not disrespect anyone unless they blatantly lie to get there point across as in the case with Jipo and his comment

Alright, I lied. I'll bite. You missed the point of my post 100%. Your post has nothing to do with the price of medication. Your post has everything to do with how well these lights work and they are cost effective, lights are 1 piece of the pie my friend. I don't want you banned, I have no problems with you what so ever, I just think that this post is once again another ad for these lights. You've said it yourself, the mmma sells the lights, if they want to advertise them I'm sure they will. We all need to police ourselves, we all need to keep eachother honest, and if my opinion of your post and what it actually is offends you then I apologize but I stick with what I said.

Alright, I lied. I'll bite. You missed the point of my post 100%. Your post has nothing to do with the price of medication. Your post has everything to do with how well these lights work and they are cost effective, lights are 1 piece of the pie my friend. I don't want you banned, I have no problems with you what so ever, I just think that this post is once again another ad for these lights. You've said it yourself, the mmma sells the lights, if they want to advertise them I'm sure they will. We all need to police ourselves, we all need to keep eachother honest, and if my opinion of your post and what it actually is offends you then I apologize but I stick with what I said.

This is a thread that I started do discuss cost effective ways to grow I introduced one method that seems to work for me and tried to explain why and welcomed other Ideas but all I got was being accused of spamming and confronted with lies about someone who said they already grew with these lights and that they have been out out for long time which is not true But like I said I would rather be banned and move on some were else then have to deal with the drama and accusations from some these people all the time.

Budhabit is somehow connected to the only place in MI that sells them, so the MMMA store gets them from him anyway. So this is 100% just a sales ad, no matter where you buy them in MI, he gets some money off it. I do believe Budhabit, that you should put that in your disclaimer, be honest and up front about it. Also, there is no need to get so upset when someone calls you out on it, unless you are trying to hide something.

I assume you paid to be allowed to sell Litro Grow lights, and now find that they don't perform like you want, however you need to make your money back some way right? That's why you get so upset when someone says they didn't perform to expectations? If you were really a believer in these, a much better defense of them is not just "liar liar pants on fire", but show us some results of a grow, explain how many lights it took, give us some details. Any negative feedback that you simply respond "liar liar" to makes everyone else think you are lying about it because you produce no facts and just personally attack anyone who disagrees with you.

I was thinking these Litro grow lites might do well for a veg closet. I have a 400w HID now, and it isn't enough for my mothers and veg, so I was thinking about grabbing a couple. I don't buy that they can produce anywhere near what my HID's do in flower, but in veg and mothers I think they could be a much cheaper solution with no issues with heat.

I too would like them to be T5's, but maybe some day Litro will wake up and switch over.

After your reaction to feedback, I am pretty sure I will never buy these lights, at least not in Michigan. Good thing I hadn't ordered yet.

Cedar

His post does sound completely like a infomercial though...

And lighting is the biggest piece of the pie in regards to cutting your grow cost so far the most cost effective way to produce Medical Marijuana is outdoors or in a greenhouse but most of us do not have that option to do that and like you said these lights will not be for every one but when the Cannabis Cancer Project has had to go out an buy product for cancer patients to get the oil they need and we can not get if for less then 150 and ounce and sometimes more this is real big issue and when i can see my grow cost go down to $30 an ounce and my quality is the same this will have a major impact and if this bothers people out there who are selling there product out there for high dollar are offended about getting grow cost down I dont care I only care about the Cannabis Cancer Project and getting these people the medicine they need, I do not see to many people out there that are willing to get the simpson oil to patients at no cost except for some that have been consistent with donations I wish I did it would be a lot easier for us and we would not have to worry each and every month on how get an uninterrupted supply to these patients with out any cost to them because that is what we do and have done.

My first setup, designed mostly around low cost, and enough quantity to keep myself supplied:

400W Ballast kit: $70 1000bulbs.com

Metal Mailbox: $6 (from hardware store, used to assemble and mount ballast kit)

Lamp Socket / Cord: $25 Sunlight Supply

400W CMH lamp: $53 Advanced Tech Lighting

Total lighting system cost: $154

Now I didn't get anything to fancy for that price, but it worked. Never had to measure out my harvests, but it was more than enough for myself. Enough to play around for a year or two making tinctures and edibles with the excess.

Of course, the suppliers I just linked to are all out-of-state, and don't support the MMMA or our movement as far as I can tell. But, cheap is cheap, and when money is tight options get limited.

My first setup, designed mostly around low cost, and enough quantity to keep myself supplied:

400W Ballast kit: $70 1000bulbs.com

Metal Mailbox: $6 (from hardware store, used to assemble and mount ballast kit)

Lamp Socket / Cord: $25 Sunlight Supply

400W CMH lamp: $53 Advanced Tech Lighting

Total lighting system cost: $154

Now I didn't get anything to fancy for that price, but it worked. Never had to measure out my harvests, but it was more than enough for myself. Enough to play around for a year or two making tinctures and edibles with the excess.

Of course, the suppliers I just linked to are all out-of-state, and don't support the MMMA or our movement as far as I can tell. But, cheap is cheap, and when money is tight options get limited.

Thank you for your Honest input this is the kind of information people need finally someone who is keeping this thread on topic. I have met a lot people lately that grow with 400w in fact I have kept some of mine to help this winter with help in heating my grow room.

Budhabit is somehow connected to the only place in MI that sells them, so the MMMA store gets them from him anyway. So this is 100% just a sales ad, no matter where you buy them in MI, he gets some money off it. I do believe Budhabit, that you should put that in your disclaimer, be honest and up front about it. Also, there is no need to get so upset when someone calls you out on it, unless you are trying to hide something.

I assume you paid to be allowed to sell Litro Grow lights, and now find that they don't perform like you want, however you need to make your money back some way right? That's why you get so upset when someone says they didn't perform to expectations? If you were really a believer in these, a much better defense of them is not just "liar liar pants on fire", but show us some results of a grow, explain how many lights it took, give us some details. Any negative feedback that you simply respond "liar liar" to makes everyone else think you are lying about it because you produce no facts and just personally attack anyone who disagrees with you.

I was thinking these Litro grow lites might do well for a veg closet. I have a 400w HID now, and it isn't enough for my mothers and veg, so I was thinking about grabbing a couple. I don't buy that they can produce anywhere near what my HID's do in flower, but in veg and mothers I think they could be a much cheaper solution with no issues with heat.

I too would like them to be T5's, but maybe some day Litro will wake up and switch over.

After your reaction to feedback, I am pretty sure I will never buy these lights, at least not in Michigan. Good thing I hadn't ordered yet.

Cedar

His post does sound completely like a infomercial though...

If you would have taken the time to read some my previous post about litro you would have known that is was offered to the Cannabis Cancer Project to be a distributor and way to generate some much needed revenue so we can continue with providing simpson oil to patients in need at no cost but if you want step up and provide for these people who are fighting for a cure and would be willing to go out and purchase the product if needed to insure an uninterrupted supply to a cancer patient we welcome your assistance and also I did not find out that they do not preform as they claim those are your words not mine so I dont know were you got that from

I just figured it out. Roughly 300 bucks for me to grow a pound a month. Divide that 300 bucks into 16 and you get my cost per ounce. :thumbsu:

Plus my labor in the garden.

18.75 per ounce is really good can I ask you are you doing soil or hydro and what kind of lighting are you using and did you figure in yearly bulb replacement cost and Thank you for your input

18.75 per ounce is really good can I ask you are you doing soil or hydro and what kind of lighting are you using and did you figure in yearly bulb replacement cost and Thank you for your input

I'm in a soiless mix....promix basically. I did not figure in my initial cost to get running, bulb replacements or nutes.

I run 2 1000 watts in flower and a 600 and T5 for veg. I just replaced my bulbs not too long ago for the first time. I went a year but I may go 6 months instead. figure in another 60-100 dollars per bulb depending what you use. I use Hortilux and Digilux bulbs.

As far as nutes, I use Fox Farm products. The 3 pack of liquids are approx. 45 bucks.

Also soil. About 20 bucks for a big bag.

Yes, I guess its more than $18.75, but it's still pretty cheap. :thumbsu:

@rockinlespaul

That's one thing you can't really put a price on and you can't say it's not part your operating costs either: your time. For me though, my garden pays me back in ways that are also difficult to tabulate. I get a lot of pleasure out of watching them grow. I'm almost scared to know how much $ I've put in, but once it's dialed in it should be very low maintenance.

@budhabit

Do you think you could put periods in your sentences? They're really hard to read without pauses.

Archived