Trouble Sleeping

For my whole life I have had trouble sleeping, even before all the pain (neck pain). My injury keeps making it worse lately. Even as I type this I have been up all night. Zero sleep. I have smoked about a gram of Chemdog (Katsu), ate a small brownie, and even smoked some hash oil a buddy gave to me. The pain has been numbed but sleep still wont come. A weird thing even happened a couple of times. I heard myself snore for a second, even though I was still awake...if that makes any sense.

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys may have some suggestions for myself and all the other people out there that have this problem. Maybe somebody knows a super-knock-your-donkey-out strain that I can seek out or grow. I have tried all the prescription drugs for sleep you can think of: Temazepam, Ambien , Lunesta, Klonopoin, Xanax, Ativan, Benedril, Melatonin, Various Herbal blends, Cannabis, Anti-Depressants and even wine.

I have learned to function on little sleep , and I try not to complain about it too much. I know there are people out there that have it a lot worse. But after awhile it takes a toll on me, it is not as easy as it used to be. Thanks for listening guys.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

perhaps a more potent edible, as they can be tailored to meet your needs. there seems to be 3 general types (potency) of edibles, mild relaxation, heavy relaxation, and the more stereotypical psychedelic. Try to use edibles that have been produced entirely from indica or mostly indica strains. you will find the effect is much different then a mix of strains. It may be as simple as refining the process by which you medicate for the effect you are seeking.

For my whole life I have had trouble sleeping, even before all the pain (neck pain). My injury keeps making it worse lately. Even as I type this I have been up all night. Zero sleep. I have smoked about a gram of Chemdog (Katsu), ate a small brownie, and even smoked some hash oil a buddy gave to me. The pain has been numbed but sleep still wont come. A weird thing even happened a couple of times. I heard myself snore for a second, even though I was still awake...if that makes any sense.

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys may have some suggestions for myself and all the other people out there that have this problem. Maybe somebody knows a super-knock-your-donkey-out strain that I can seek out or grow. I have tried all the prescription drugs for sleep you can think of: Temazepam, Ambien , Lunesta, Klonopoin, Xanax, Ativan, Benedril, Melatonin, Various Herbal blends, Cannabis, Anti-Depressants and even wine.

I have learned to function on little sleep , and I try not to complain about it too much. I know there are people out there that have it a lot worse. But after awhile it takes a toll on me, it is not as easy as it used to be. Thanks for listening guys.

That may be a good suggestion for delivery for immediate relief of say spasms due to a crones flare up. but he needs the medicine to be dispersed a little more evenly, so it can reach the other areas of the body. He isnt looking so much for a concentrated dose of thc, in this case, more a higher ratio of cbd/cbn to thc.

Guest Happy Guy

That may be a good suggestion for delivery for immediate relief of say spasms due to a crones flare up. but he needs the medicine to be dispersed a little more evenly, so it can reach the other areas of the body. He isnt looking so much for a concentrated dose of thc, in this case, more a higher ratio of cbd/cbn to thc.

Ever tried eating cannabis oil?

Guest Happy Guy

Of course it really depends on the oil. Mine seems to have a lot of CBDs. It's a whole body medicine when consumed orally. At the correct dose you will go to sleep for a long time. It could work.

Thanks guys i'll try that later, I have some work to do or i would try it now =P I do not know much about hash oil other than I just smoke a little pin-head size amount before bed as it is stroooong. I'll ask the person I got it from for a dosage recommendation.

Guest Happy Guy

I think many people have tried some of that quick wash oil that is very high in THC but has nothing much else in it. I use an iso machine and I run it for over 8 hours. I tried different length runs and after 8 hours you don't get much more out of the cannabis. I noticed a huge difference between a quick run and a long run as far as the medical effects. You waste a lot with the quick wash.

Am thinking of trying to make oil in the manner Happy Guy makes out of Lemon Cake, that should do it.

Or maybe a high CBD strain such as Cannatonic........a select pheno tested to have the high CBD content.

Mmmmmm......sleep, hopefully.:)

I have had a similar problem recently. LA Woman (LA Confidential x Martian Mean Green) has been doing the trick for both my pain and my inability to fall asleep. Half a doob and I feel like I have 20 pound weights on my eyelids. :blink:

Have never personally tried straight LA Confidential, but a friend swears by it for insomnia.

Lately all I have to do is eat a bowl of cereal usually some fruit and I use skim milk . Did I mention first Vape a bit if possible ! I dunno what happens, the milk digests the thc or ??? It's like boom badaboom boom, siesta time ..... zzzs' every time , almost ....

That could be a result of being either lactose intolerant or a mild milk allergy. I am the same way. Eating milk with sugary cereals will actually increase the effects of lactose intolerance. Also, medicating with cannabis will mask some of the cramps and pains associated with lactose intolerance, however the sleepiness symptom seems to be exaggerated with cannabis use.

That could be a result of being either lactose intolerant or a mild milk allergy. I am the same way. Eating milk with sugary cereals will actually increase the effects of lactose intolerance. Also, medicating with cannabis will mask some of the cramps and pains associated with lactose intolerance, however the sleepiness symptom seems to be exaggerated with cannabis use.

Thanks for sharing. What should I do ? Lactose free milk ? I wont eat them now if I don't want to sleep. I never get sugary cereals, and even try to get with the lowest levels possible, high fiber, etc. Probably could go without, I'm supposed to be on a diet anyway, to lose wait before surgery, ha. Doctor told me to just quit eating .... thats a tuffy ....

Thanks for sharing. What should I do ? Lactose free milk ? I wont eat them now if I don't want to sleep. I never get sugary cereals, and even try to get with the lowest levels possible, high fiber, etc. Probably could go without, I'm supposed to be on a diet anyway, to lose wait before surgery, ha. Doctor told me to just quit eating .... thats a tuffy ....

Well, I haven't quite figured that out yet, because there is nothing like a cold glass of cows milk or a bowl of ice cream, the lactose free and soy versions don't compare. I just eat dairy in moderation and not that often, but when I do, I just deal with the consequences.

When I have trouble sleeping Hash has always worked best. Cannot wait to start making my own!

I have to say this, by far the best MM site in the world. I have visited others that do not even come close to the patient/caregiver education and advocacy that the 3MA provides.

I can get solid answers to almost any question asked about any subject or find it in forum tutorials, to people volunteering to come over and lend a hand.

• 2 months later...

Morning Darkmatter,

Well I take meds for epilepsy at night & they knock me out for about 3 hours, then I wake up with pain & can't get back to sleep. Like tonight.

The thing that really knocked me on my butt was a drink, got it at a local farmer's market, it was made with White Rhino. Me and the husband split the drink and I was soooooo relaxed. Slept very good that night! it's called "Healthy Stealthy" and don't know if it's available anywhere else but where I got it, in Greenville.

I've found that a good tincture (topically) for my elbow pain helps too.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Well at least no chirping birds. The pouring rain fixed their wagon!

Morning Darkmatter,

Well I take meds for epilepsy at night & they knock me out for about 3 hours, then I wake up with pain & can't get back to sleep. Like tonight.

The thing that really knocked me on my butt was a drink, got it at a local farmer's market, it was made with White Rhino. Me and the husband split the drink and I was soooooo relaxed. Slept very good that night! it's called "Healthy Stealthy" and don't know if it's available anywhere else but where I got it, in Greenville.

I've found that a good tincture (topically) for my elbow pain helps too.

Thanks. I think I know where I may find a similar item here in my neck-of-the-forest...Now comes the big question. Do I dare to call into work today? I feel like my head is tearing off, and my soul is pouring from the wound! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFN_xuwiDW0&feature=player_detailpage

Archived