Rift

Darkmatter

Well I just got Rift and am patching it right now.

They are doing a 7 day free trial with no credit card required, so I am going to see if I like it.

https://www.riftgame.com/en/products/mmo-free-trial/?affiliateId=googna10010&gclid=CPi_6N-IoqkCFUOo4Aod1RUutQ

I will post more info once I have it patched in the mean time I was going to see what servers some like minded people might be playing on!

i play world of warcraft and every one that i play with has tryed it and they say it blows just a ripoff of wow and say they must be runing out of ids for worl of warcraft to be makeing rift but then aging i have not played it as of yet just what i have heard have a great day

WoW is a ripoff of EQ2, if that's your argument. EVERY MMO will take ideas from a previously release one. This is how the MMO market evolves. :)

I was a beta tester for WoW 7 years ago and played for 6 years. I was a beta tester and current player of Rift. Rift is the only MMO that has taken my attention away from WoW, even after trying the following: EverQuest2, Guild Wars, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Vanguard, City of Heroes/Villains, Darkfall Online, Aion, DC Universe Online.

I can tell you it's not a WoW ripoff. Lots of MMOs are similar in certain ways. Rift takes the best qualities from many different MMOs and develops them further, along with brand new ideas that I've never seen before in an MMO. The game is highly polished, and they do a great job of updating/fixing bugs/throwing in new content. With Rift there is no "expansion" pack, the game is expanding constantly with small patches.

I suppose the Rift interface is similar to WoWs which makes it comfortable, but it's completely customizable without 3rd party mods...something WoW does not provide. The class system is a far call from being similar to WoW, except for the "talent tree" layout, something not entirely specific to WoW anyways. The graphics surpass WoW's by a billion. The PvE content is challenging and interesting, unlike WoW. The PvP content is fair, I'd say the battlegrounds are more challenging and you get more player interaction than you do with WoW, but they need to do something with World PvP/Events in my opinion.

G4TV gave Rift a 4/5. Average user rated 4.5/5. Last I heard, Rift has over a million subscribers.

I just realized you're the guy from my computer thread, Darkmatter. Haha, enjoy! Oh yeah, and my info:

Server: Stonecrest (PvP)

Faction: Defiant

Names: Hymnal or Cypress

Edited by sarazorz

well that is just what i heard myslef never played it i used to play never winters nights online befor wow ever came out then my kid got me to play it just wateing on nwn online comes out and i will start playing that more dnd based have a great day every one

well that is just what i heard myslef never played it i used to play never winters nights online befor wow ever came out then my kid got me to play it just wateing on nwn online comes out and i will start playing that more dnd based have a great day every one

ah, cool. I've always liked the NWN series! You should try Rift! I hear they're throwing out free trials. JOIN THE CULT! hehe

• 4 months later...

WoW is a ripoff of EQ2, if that's your argument. EVERY MMO will take ideas from a previously release one. This is how the MMO market evolves. :)

I was a beta tester for WoW 7 years ago and played for 6 years. I was a beta tester and current player of Rift. Rift is the only MMO that has taken my attention away from WoW, even after trying the following: EverQuest2, Guild Wars, Age of Conan, Warhammer, Vanguard, City of Heroes/Villains, Darkfall Online, Aion, DC Universe Online.

I can tell you it's not a WoW ripoff. Lots of MMOs are similar in certain ways. Rift takes the best qualities from many different MMOs and develops them further, along with brand new ideas that I've never seen before in an MMO. The game is highly polished, and they do a great job of updating/fixing bugs/throwing in new content. With Rift there is no "expansion" pack, the game is expanding constantly with small patches.

I suppose the Rift interface is similar to WoWs which makes it comfortable, but it's completely customizable without 3rd party mods...something WoW does not provide. The class system is a far call from being similar to WoW, except for the "talent tree" layout, something not entirely specific to WoW anyways. The graphics surpass WoW's by a billion. The PvE content is challenging and interesting, unlike WoW. The PvP content is fair, I'd say the battlegrounds are more challenging and you get more player interaction than you do with WoW, but they need to do something with World PvP/Events in my opinion.

G4TV gave Rift a 4/5. Average user rated 4.5/5. Last I heard, Rift has over a million subscribers.

I just realized you're the guy from my computer thread, Darkmatter. Haha, enjoy! Oh yeah, and my info:

Server: Stonecrest (PvP)

Faction: Defiant

Names: Hymnal or Cypress

Wow I couldn't of summed it up better myself! Although after playing for about 6 months, I went back to wow since most of my friends didnt make the switch :blink:

• 2 years later...