29 replies to this topic

#21 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,349 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

Yes. I only water my plants with water and microbial tea now. Cheap and easy. All the fertilizer is in the soil or top dressed going into flower.

#22 DR. GT

DR. GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Yes. I only water my plants with water and microbial tea now. Cheap and easy. All the fertilizer is in the soil or top dressed going into flower.

so the coco that u use comes with nuts all in it?

and when u say top dressed you mean the soil u put on top of the coco?

what kind of tea do you use?

If im asking to much i understand just trying to learn...

#23 zapatosunidos

zapatosunidos

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,349 posts
Contributor

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Hopefully i don't soud like a complet retard But here goes ... so you grow in only COCO..???
ive wanted to get away from growing in soil but the only other option i alway thought way hydro and i don't want to grow that way cause the smoke is just not the same? if you don't mind me asking what kind of coco mix do you use and with that what Nuts do you use with COCO..i would like to switch mediums but i don't know what to use other than soil..

Coco is great for doing what you are doing. Pretty much any nutrients will work with coco, just reduce your concentrations to about 600-850 and water with it every time. Dont let it dry out as thoroughly as soil. Use plain water for the last five days or so, and you will have great results.

I used general hydroponics fertilizers, google lucas formula for coco, I believe it was 6 mL Micro, 9 mL Bloom, used the same throughout veg and flower. I use a dechlorinator all the time to ensure I do not kill any valuable microbes. Coco will build them during the cycle just like soil, which is what makes it slightly better than good hydro in my opinion.

Pretty easy and cheap, but not even close to as easy as organic recycled soil. And the quality was fantastic, but not perfect. I can do perfect every time in soil without even thinking about it. The plant is doing the thinking, I guess.

#24 GanjaWarrior

GanjaWarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • Locationmidland

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

lime? like cut up green citrus fruit? where do u get ur lime? what kinda lime?

#25 Medcnman

Medcnman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

I use Pro-Mix BX for all my soil grows. I recently bought a bag of oceans forest just to transfer some clones to cups. While reading thru these posts i got curious about the Ph of Oceans Forest. I went downstairs and put my soil probe right into the bag and it came out 5.5. I dont think its the soil itself that causes random Ph movement. I think its the uptake of the plant. This is why. Yesterday morning i changed my hydro rez and set the Ph to 5.8. this morning (24 hours later) it was at 5.47. While I was checking the soil, i checked my rez again ( 12 more hours) my Ph is at 5.61. I set it back to 5.8 this morning and its dropping. This is in water. Well water. As the plants take what they need, its gonna adjust the Ph. Im not so sure if a brand of soil will make much difference. Just my thoughts. Medcnman.

#26 pergamum362

pergamum362

The voice in your head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

Brand of soil makes all the difference.

#27 Medcnman

Medcnman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Brand of soil makes all the difference.

I agree. A good brand does make a difference but the Ph will fluxuate no matter what soil you use. Maybe one more than another but it will change. Medcnman.

#28 pergamum362

pergamum362

The voice in your head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:35 PM

I agree. A good brand does make a difference but the Ph will fluxuate no matter what soil you use. Maybe one more than another but it will change. Medcnman.

Very true, especially with soil mixes that already have ingrediants in them, more so then say sunshine mix4 or coco..With mixes like those I think it more come downs to the grower and how hes doing his water, IE what ph the waters going into the soil...Consistency is my best friend there.

#29 DR. GT

DR. GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

Very true, especially with soil mixes that already have ingrediants in them, more so then say sunshine mix4 or coco..With mixes like those I think it more come downs to the grower and how hes doing his water, IE what ph the waters going into the soil...Consistency is my best friend there.

#30 DR. GT

DR. GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

so im gonna try coco and see what happens. im gonna check my,ph tonight and see if its a ph deal im gonna be pissed ....ill report back....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users