Greenthumbs Bubba X Og Kush

Dr Gruber

Hello MMMA,

Dr Greenthumb sent me a tester pack of his new Bubba X OG kush to journal from seed to smoke. So here we go again.......

1 soaked them in water and they are ready to go into paper towel...1 of them already has a tap root from just 8 hrs in water.

These will get run in Pro Mix soil, starting off in 1 gal pots and finishing in a 5 gal Lowes bucket.

Nutes- Jacks Classic- Orchid Special (30-10-10) All Purpose (20-20-20) and

Blossom Booster (10-30-20)

Veg Lights- Start under t-8 then under 250 MH(vertical) and finish under 400MH (vertical).

Flower Lights- 1-600 watt HPS

2-400 watt HPS all hung vertically.

Total of 1400 watts.

All questions and comments welcome.......

gallery_13816_864_1221548.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, i had a few peoblems with these because I dried out the first batch on a heat mat. 2 of them died so i germmed 2 more and here are a couple shots of them. The first ones went very slow but they look to be growing well now.

gallery_13816_447_80051.jpg

These were started less then 2 days ago and both had tap roots in 24 hrs and one has now cracked the dirt less then 24 hrs later.

gallery_13816_447_296075.jpg

It's a little early to tell yet, but it looks like out of the two bigger one's you may have a Bubba dominant and an OG dominant plant. This one may interesting in trying to decide on which is the keeper, as I'll bet they all are going to be fire!

It's a little early to tell yet, but it looks like out of the two bigger one's you may have a Bubba dominant and an OG dominant plant. This one may interesting in trying to decide on which is the keeper, as I'll bet they all are going to be fire!

I could use some help along the way identifying which is which. I havent grown either before so your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lookin' good so far! :thumbsu:

Hoping these do better for you Dr. Gruber!

I had to harvest docs OG Kush early as she hermied on me, but she didn't have far to go so it wasn't a total loss. I took a ton of cuts/clones but I think I'm gonna stop running this one. Kind of a bummer as she is such a beautiful plant. Very resinous as well.

Here's hoping the Bubba/OG does well for ya! :thumbsu:

Lookin' good so far! :thumbsu:

Hoping these do better for you Dr. Gruber!

I had to harvest docs OG Kush early as she hermied on me, but she didn't have far to go so it wasn't a total loss. I took a ton of cuts/clones but I think I'm gonna stop running this one. Kind of a bummer as she is such a beautiful plant. Very resinous as well.

Here's hoping the Bubba/OG does well for ya! :thumbsu:

Thanks Rockin!

I was wondering what happened to them.

• 3 weeks later...

how do you get in on the dr. greenthumbs grow journals would love to start one

From time to time i have seen doc post at various sites asking for testers...other then that im not really sure.

It just kinda fell in my lap after i did a journal on my own. Maybe thats the best advice...buy a pack and do a journal then send it to Doc...maybe he will like what you did.

I thought i should mention the new veg light schedule im using.

I heard about it on a Medical Marijuana radio show 2 weeks ago. Its called the 12-1 light schedule and it goes like this.

1) 12 hrs on

2) 5.5 hrs off

3) 1 hr on

4) 5.5 hrs off

I then went and read a bunch of journals where people have been using it with great results. I switched these plants to the 12-1 schedule about 6 days ago and they seem pretty happy now.

Anyone ever tried this?

No and why would you? really i dont understand the purpose in doing that? so you never give your plants more than 5.5 hours of dark in the flower stage?

I was gonna ask what the purpose was also. You never mentioned that part.

Did you take any pics to compare ?

Sorry i wasnt more clear.

This is for Veg only. The purpose is to keep electric costs down by up to 50% and if the story is true it also helps them be healthy by resting more. I heard this on the Saturday 1310 am Medical MJ show. I think the guys name was Joe Petri or something like that, which sounded familiar but i couldnt place it. I did take some pics before the switch but im not sure you could tell from there. I was running 24 hrs on and they needed the rest in my opinion. Probably would look just as good under 18/6 but wouldnt save as much electricity.

He also laid out a flower schedule that was something like this..

1st week 12 hrs on 12 off

2nd week- 11.5 on and 12.5 off

and so on. you drop a half hr every week until you get to 9 hrs on and 15 off.

Im going to look into that before trying it.

here is a link to some info on this.

http://www.cannabisni.com/growing-tips-and-advice/1899-grow-bigger-and-better-saving-30-50-percent-on-your-energy-cost

• 2 weeks later...

Archived