Kandy Kush, Lemon Cake, Headband Patient Journal.

Darkmatter

Yep yep, both of my Headbands hermied. My temp/humidity is fine even today: 81 deg 67% humidity max. There are no lighting problems. 0 pests (the gnats in my garden where on Kandy Kush, but they are gone now as far as i know. They have some nutrient build up and need a flush, so maybe that is what caused it?

Here is the same picture edited.

HPIM7038-1.jpg

I am really bummed out right now it's been a rotten day from the second I got up. Now 2 out of 6 of my plants are getting the axe. 1/3rd of my harvest. It is less than 2 weeks into flower I am hoping lemon cake and kandy kush fill in the canopy to compensate. I am going to get in there tomorrow and do some bending. Hoping that will fill some gaps.

...What a week.I also found out that it will take over 25% of my income to get health insurance and I will have to wait 1 year to get my neck treated (pre-existing condition). :growl: :growl: :growl:

/endrant thanks for listening.

Did that Headband come from seed or clone?

If it came from clone I would be bitching out the owner of that mother, they had to know that plant throws balls.

Good luck and keep your head up....this is all part of growing!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Happy Guy

Yep yep, both of my Headbands hermied. My temp/humidity is fine even today: 81 deg 67% humidity max. There are no lighting problems. 0 pests (the gnats in my garden where on Kandy Kush, but they are gone now as far as i know. They have some nutrient build up and need a flush, so maybe that is what caused it?

Here is the same picture edited.

HPIM7038-1.jpg

I am really bummed out right now it's been a rotten day from the second I got up. Now 2 out of 6 of my plants are getting the axe. 1/3rd of my harvest. It is less than 2 weeks into flower I am hoping lemon cake and kandy kush fill in the canopy to compensate. I am going to get in there tomorrow and do some bending. Hoping that will fill some gaps.

...What a week.I also found out that it will take over 25% of my income to get health insurance and I will have to wait 1 year to get my neck treated (pre-existing condition). :growl: :growl: :growl:

/endrant thanks for listening.

That isn't the real Headband. It doesn't hermie that easy. She will throw a few nanners late in flower. The real Headband is a legacy strain from California, Origian Diesel. There sure are some name droppers in the cannabis world. It's a little nausiating at times. Lots of 'smoke blowing'. LOL

Did that Headband come from seed or clone?

If it came from clone I would be bitching out the owner of that mother, they had to know that plant throws balls.

Good luck and keep your head up....this is all part of growing!

These were a gift bud, I can not, in good conscience be angry at the owner of the mother. I paid nothing more than a afternoons work for them. Work I may have done for free.

So now I have 0 pests anywhere, and I looked around everywhere with a scope. I put Mosquito Dunks in my buckets (1/4 of a disc each), and continued my Azamax regiment There are no larva or gnats anywhere to be found now.

mosquito%20dunks.jpg

I have also tied down many branches on both Kandy Kush plants. I put a milk crate in the center of the 4 containers to tie branches to. This was not something I planed very well for so it raised another problem: How do I get the water out of there for water changes now that they are all tied down and 3 weeks into bloom? My mentor gave me this tiny water pump to solve this. It worked great! I can fit it into my 1 1/2" Access hole no problem.

water_pump_small.jpg

I will post pictures tomorrow they are blooming up pretty nicely!

I have been forgetting my camera lately. We are now 4 weeks in. They are swelling up ok. I really could have fed them better, my next grow will have R/O and will have a large reservoir so that I can maintain things better. They are smelling great now though. The Kandy Kush kind of smells like Bubba Kush! One of my favorite strains.

HPIM7085.jpg

HPIM7058.jpg

HPIM7059.jpg

Kandy Kush has really surprised me. This is one plant in this pic. It's tied up and down. It's a monster. Feeding 900ppm 5.7ph.

HPIM7094.jpg

My Lemon Cake is a bit overfed at the moment but I am trying to fix it. Just look at that curl. :thumbsd:

The big one.

HPIM7063.jpg

and the other one...I fed this one less and flushed it longer.

HPIM7081.jpg

They are both on 600ppm (5.7ph) nutes now going to see how that goes.

...I learn more everyday. It does not seem to be going to horribly though. All the pests are now gone at least. I am using tight controls now to keep them out as much as possible.

WoW ... Very Nice " Darkmatter "

Sure hope you bring some to the

Farmers Market in Jackson :thumbsu:

I really like to taste some of that " Kandy Kush "

Keep me Posted Please ....

Thanks for posting photos ... :thumbsu:

Thanks!

You got it bud!I will make sure some gets your way! These strains should harvest 2 weeks apart. From the way things look now the Kandy Kush might finish 1st...Not sure really. I'm just going to listen to the plants as best I can. I'm going to shoot for all milky trics and 20% amber.

• 2 weeks later...

IMGP1326.jpg

Canopy!

IMGP1328.jpg

We are into week 5 now almost 6 weeks. The odors coming off the Kandy Kush are getting PUNGENTLY wonderful. The trichomes are still mostly clear but they are packed on like nobody's business. It wont be long now! :dodgyrun:

Here is the giant Kandy Kush

IMGP1335.jpg

IMGP1312.jpg

IMGP1311.jpg

Lemon Cake is starting to pack on some crystal as well but she has longer to go from the looks of her. I can not wait to upgrade my system to air-cooled lighting on A light mover. These tops will get HUGE on this plant. But I guess they are ok for a cheapo system.

The Big Lemon Cake:

IMGP1332.jpg

IMGP1309.jpg

IMGP1303.jpg

IMGP1301.jpg

The little Lemon Cake is being over-run and shadowed by my giant Kandy Kush. There is not a whole lot on this little lady.

IMGP1333.jpg

Clean clean clean!

mr-clean.jpg

IMGP1336.jpg

IMGP1323.jpg

A post I made earlier.

I had a nightmare about these things the other night. They were in my bed under the covers and swarming me. :lol:

I have a friend who has been fighting them off so I have seen how nasty, resilient, and scourge-like they can be. Pestilence!

Now every time I visit my garden I change clothes, and shower if I have been around any plants cannabis or not. I do not wear shoes in the garden and wash my hands and feet before entering. I have heard of a guy that sprays his feet with diluted alcohol before entering his garden and am about to do the same. I am using alcohol pads to clean my tools as well. I am also keeping my floor and containers meticulously clear of debris.

Screw these little buggers. I have not had them yet, but I loathe the day that I see one sucking on my ladies.

Excellent work, Dark Matter! looks great~! (love pinhead btw)

Thanks!:rock:

Good idea with the crate/rock. Seems us Hydro growers always have to come up with something odd to tie our Ladies up. :devil:

:thumbsu:

Thanks. It was thrown together in haste when I came in one day to find one of my plants laying on the floor fallen under it's own girth. Now they are tied to the ceiling to keep them up and to the crate to keep them down and out of the light. It's like a puppet theater of Cannabis.

My next grow, (provided the law does not become unusable) will be much better thought out. I now have help with the design. I won't be going puppet-master style next time. Rather I will have fences to tie them to. I will also be dropping the budget DWC system for a custom flood and drain bucket/DWC set-up, and getting a reverse osmosis device. I will most likely not be doing another journal however. But I started this one, and I will finish it.

Why no next journal DarkMatter? I am enjoying this one. I had many of the same problems with my first harvest, almost died a few times, general hydro didn't do very well for me but dyna-grow is awesome, no problems since that switch. I did finally get a small 1st harvest, not much yield, but some OK medicine, but as you say, I learned a lot. And I also have good teachers to help me here. You and I need to collaborate on our small cheapo grows.

Hey, try to get some sleep, OK?

Peace...

So I cut some lower , nothing , poodle-buds off of Kandy Kush last week. I would normally throw away something like that: it was only 5 weeks in but it is covered in trichomes. It smells sooooo good so i decide to hang it up. Thursday I get curious about it and trim it up. I give it a smell...smells great!...So I look around to make sure nobody is watching. Satisfied that my pot-snobiness is hidden I grind up said pre-mature buds and put them in the pipe. It tasted great! Seriously, it did! So if it tasted like that about 2-3 weeks premature from poodle-bud then I can be certain that it is going to be F I R E! :devil: I am very pleased!

Why no next journal DarkMatter? I am enjoying this one. I had many of the same problems with my first harvest, almost died a few times, general hydro didn't do very well for me but dyna-grow is awesome, no problems since that switch. I did finally get a small 1st harvest, not much yield, but some OK medicine, but as you say, I learned a lot. And I also have good teachers to help me here. You and I need to collaborate on our small cheapo grows.

Hey, try to get some sleep, OK?

Peace...

I most likely will not do another journal on the next one because I will have a patient. I am fairly sure that HIPPA laws might prevent that. Even though I know I would have her consent I still want to keep things 110% legal. I am going out of my way to make sure that I stay in weight limits for this one as well because I am fairly sure that 1 of my plants will get me to 2.5 oz most likely more. So when the time comes I will harvest maybe 1/2 a plant and see what it weighs.

Collaborating? With someone like you? It would be my pleasure bud. :bow:

OK, I understand completely not being able to do it later. We always stay legal and safe above all else.

Yep, I have recently done the same with testing some little fluff before it is ready and my new one is very potent and good for my pains so I can't wait until it is all dry and cured! And the best part is, I don't even know what it is! Just grew it out from an unlabeled seed from all good sources, so I knew it would be potentially good, but I never expected this level of potency, flavor, and the yield is good for my little deal I have going on.

Nice seeing your post today DMatter, have a good one!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I pulled a small plant this week. Kandy Kush 8 weeks in! Been flushing all week. This one is all milky white trichomes. With a few amber here and there. Seemed like a good time to pull. I am letting the big one ripen to like %10=20% amber if she will do that. It will be easier to stay in weight limits this way as well.

It just came off the line and got it's hair-cut. It's now ready for the "paper-bag" phase. But not before some pictures! I am so proud. I just tried it...someone call 911 because I believe I got fire! :devil: Taste is amazing even for being un-cured...just awesome. Very strong medicine and a joy to smoke. I will have a few samples for some folks on the 7th! See you guys there!

:rock:

IMGP1433.gif

IMGP14331-2.gif

IMGP1446.gif

Nice grow, Darkmatter. My understanding of HIPPA is it is not a violation if you don't identify the patient. A doctor can talk about a case in the elevator or hallways of the hospital as long as they don't use the patient's name.

You are %100 correct there sir. I suppose I am just being a paranoid goof-ball. I am thinking about doing a 2nd journal after this one is done, as I really do enjoy it.

I really should not have to worry about it. I have done nothing wrong. To borrow a page from our friend Mibrains: Paranoia has no place in a legally compliant mans lifestyle.

There will be more garden pics soon. There are 3 plants left in there. All are doing quite well.

Archived