Imagine All Of The Changes That Would Happen

I know we are not on the verge here but the new proposed legislation got me thinking about changes......

Some states would legalize it and some wouldn't. Would Michigan be an early adopter? Which states would be among the first...or the last?

Would these early adopter states become popular vacation stops? I know if I was going south for the winter I think I might choose the state that would allow me to medicate. Or north... might Michigan become a new vacation hot spot? Amsterdam is closing. Michigan can take all of the European Cannabis tourists. I'm sure Bill Schuette and Senator Jones would welcome them all.

Would medical marijuana still exist in some states for a time?

I imagine it would be very difficult to buy medical MJ for a time until the new grows got underway. I would think a good many citizens would want to purchase some of suddenly legal marijuana. There would be a sudden surge in demand, wouldn't there? Prices would rise before they fell off, right? How high might it get?

Would it be sold in party stores? Sold to 18 and up or 21 and up?

What companies would step forward to package and market it? Tobacco companies? Liquor companies?

My brain is starting to strain....I think I will medicate and ponder this a bit more. Any thoughts?

Same thoughts as for the last couple of years.

Put it in liqueur stores.

These stores are already being trusted to sell much more dangerous drugs to adults only.

That gives them a location to collect taxes.

Require that all recreational cannabis be purchased from patients and caregivers only. That puts money into disabled peoples pockets.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

The measure introduced seeks to remove it from the controlled substance list. It will be interesting to see how states continue to ban it and prosecute its' use. After all, there are still "dry" counties and towns with bans on rock 'n roll music and dancing in the streets. North Carolina condoned genocide until 1970, no reason to think southern baptist states would end their legal system cash cow.

It's so easy to put a law into effect, not so easy to get it off the books.

1T

Archived