Bring Me Your Schwag. Need Samples

I've become a drop off location for Northern Labs for my area. After talking to Dan today, he showed an interest in testing various samples of cartel imported "dirt weed" for pesticides and a cannabinoid profile. I told him he needs to test for a lot more than that!! fungicides and formaldehyde came to mind. hoped we all could come up with more.

He'd like to publish results showing whats being ingested when the cartel's are your source of marijuana

also, I'll pay $5g, only need a gram, for each sample of brown brick weed. I'd like several samples. even better several from around the state but I guess we'll start with Wayne/Oakland (me) for now. I guess as a patient I'm protected acquiring meds from any source, but I'd much rather have any samples delivered by a card-holder. there has to be patients that have a small stash around, you know, that baggie way in the back. or that one that was so bad you'd rather do without! or fresh of the brick. I want them all!!

if $5 isn't enough I could up that. I'd rather burn a five and inhale the fumes then go back to dirt weed, so I figured it was a good donation!

side note: NEVER thought I'd see the day that I'd actively seek schwag!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what if we have some nasty stuff we grew ourselves? No pesticides or anything, but it isn't worth smokin...

lol. not exactaly what we need. were looking for the chemicals used in production/transportation that aren't in locally grown mmj, no matter how poorly done! lol

I think this testing will not be good. Most of the Meds I have tried are filled with Chemicals/Nutrients. Not to mention not cured.

Having a hard time seeing how to have a standard when most Cut hang for 3 days and deliver, or sadly say its in a Jar so it is jar cured.

Thats why I do not back the,dispensaries, I have been growing for over 25 years. Michigan really has to clean its act up.

Wishing you the best. Were would you like some sent. I am in Milford. I saw some from my nephew in Melvindale.

I think this testing will not be good. Most of the Meds I have tried are filled with Chemicals/Nutrients. Not to mention not cured.

Having a hard time seeing how to have a standard when most Cut hang for 3 days and deliver, or sadly say its in a Jar so it is jar cured.

Thats why I do not back the,dispensaries, I have been growing for over 25 years. Michigan really has to clean its act up.

Wishing you the best. Were would you like some sent. I am in Milford. I saw some from my nephew in Melvindale.

I'd pick up in Milford, or Melvindale for that matter. we're looking for mexi-brick, not poorly grown local mm. PM me and I'll give you my number

Geesh, haven't seen that stuff in a long time.

Offer to swap 1g of brick for 1g of medicinal quality. I bet people dig out that old corner baggie and swap for a nice green bud.

Heck you could do that as a promotion at the farmers market. :)

Have I told you I'm an idea guy?

Good luck on the swag hunt.

THAT'S GENIUS!! The trade-in/trade-up offer. I'll trade 1 pre-rolled joint of medical grade cannabis for each different 1 gram sample of cartel schwag

For those of you with such a limited experience in obtaining decent mexican herb, it is regretable and unfortunate. However you maybe aware that usually you get what you pay for. If it is not up to your expectations it is your job to bring it to someones attention. Such as "you're product doesn't meet my expectations, senior, maybe if I pay you some more you could find some better quality ? " see ? simple as that. That's usually all it takes. No need for derogatory, demeaning, talking trash, 'cause of your in-abitlity to communicate your thoughts. Think of it as simply business, no problemos, amigas.

Sorry to say, I am now an independant patient / caregiver and dont have access to the street. Strictly above board these days boys and girls, good luck in life, dont be so quick to follow the heard, else people will be walking on you the rest of your life.

For those of you with such a limited experience in obtaining decent mexican herb, it is regretable and unfortunate. However you maybe aware that usually you get what you pay for. If it is not up to your expectations it is your job to bring it to someones attention. Such as "you're product doesn't meet my expectations, senior, maybe if I pay you some more you could find some better quality ? " see ? simple as that. That's usually all it takes. No need for derogatory, demeaning, talking trash, 'cause of your in-abitlity to communicate your thoughts. Think of it as simply business, no problemos, amigas.

Sorry to say, I am now an independant patient / caregiver and dont have access to the street. Strictly above board these days boys and girls, good luck in life, dont be so quick to follow the heard, else people will be walking on you the rest of your life.

lol. dude, this is for science!! I don't want to support the cartel's. I'd like to see documented proof of the poision they supply! proof of what eliminating caregivers does to patients. WAKE UP!!

lol. dude, this is for science!! I don't want to support the cartel's. I'd like to see documented proof of the poision they supply! proof of what eliminating caregivers does to patients. WAKE UP!!

What's science got to do with it. I dont think the cartels are doing grams. You want to 'create evidence' to imply that mexicin mota is contaminated ?

That's a sad way to imply anything other than you are a biggoted, small minded individual. If you have something else to say say it. You think yours is better ? Show us your stats !

" Proof of what eliminating caregivers does to patients ? " Wouldn't it be better off to determine what the avg caregivers is like first. I will admit that would be a novel idea and a much needed service to this community. I have some samples of that for you, avg caregiver weed that is...I'm smoking this minute. If you want to pay for the testing. I'll hook you up. Next one will be better ....

The point I tried to make their is that you are comparing apples and oranges. 300/z hydro to $150/z mids [ f ur dirt bags n bricks. Thats cheaper yet] tell me thats not a pejorative description.

In fact if you want to go with me next month I'll get you some. I wont bring it back for you though, those days are history. Betme I'll find some at least that good. For 300 you could pay your air fare round trip! Non stop WAKE UP ! Leave here at 8:30am be walking on the beach by 12:00 noon.

...Stoned to da bone ...

What's science got to do with it. I dont think the cartels are doing grams. You want to 'create evidence' to imply that mexicin mota is contaminated ?

That's a sad way to imply anything other than you are a biggoted, small minded individual. If you have something else to say say it. You think yours is better ? Show us your stats !

" Proof of what eliminating caregivers does to patients ? " Wouldn't it be better off to determine what the avg caregivers is like first. I will admit that would be a novel idea and a much needed service to this community. I have some samples of that for you, avg caregiver weed that is...I'm smoking this minute. If you want to pay for the testing. I'll hook you up. Next one will be better ....

The point I tried to make their is that you are comparing apples and oranges. 300/z hydro to $150/z mids [ f ur dirt bags n bricks. Thats cheaper yet] tell me thats not a pejorative description.

If there was enough involved, it could be arranged. In fact if you want to go with me next month I'll get you some. I wont bring it back for you though, those days are history. Betme I'll find some at least that good. For 300 you could pay your air fare round trip! Non stop WAKE UP ! Leave here at 8:30am be walking on the beach by 12:00 noon. Stoned to da bone ...

Wow. What we have here is a failure to communicate. :lol:

Ok, the reason we would like to test some samples of mexican brick/dirt weed is to show how crappy and contaminated the product likely is and that's what patients will be forced back into using if our law is gutted.

No one is trying to 'create' evidence, we're simply trying to 'obtain' evidence. If it's not contaminated with all sorts of pesticides, fungicides, preserving agents, mold, etc and has decent cannabinoid content - GREAT! But anyone who has ever had a bag of schwag knows darn well it's loaded with all sorts of stuff you don't want in your body and not very good for medical use. We've never had the chance to prove that before, and now we do.

There is no intent to besmirch Mexicans as a nationality, just the cartel weed from Mexico (and other areas), and I think you are severely mis-interpreting the intent here and you owe Bri an apology for saying he is bigoted and small-minded. :thumbsd:

I have seen some really great meds come through the lab since we started, and a few that weren't so great. I have to say I am impressed with the quality and purity of the meds I have encountered so far, which is a credit to the growers brave enough to put their meds up for testing.

Wow. What we have here is a failure to communicate. :lol:

Ok, the reason we would like to test some samples of mexican brick/dirt weed is to show how crappy and contaminated the product likely is and that's what patients will be forced back into using if our law is gutted.

No one is trying to 'create' evidence, we're simply trying to 'obtain' evidence. If it's not contaminated with all sorts of pesticides, fungicides, preserving agents, mold, etc and has decent cannabinoid content - GREAT! But anyone who has ever had a bag of schwag knows darn well it's loaded with all sorts of stuff you don't want in your body and not very good for medical use. We've never had the chance to prove that before, and now we do.

There is no intent to besmirch Mexicans as a nationality, just the cartel weed from Mexico (and other areas), and I think you are severely mis-interpreting the intent here and you owe Bri an apology for saying he is bigoted and small-minded. :thumbsd:

I have seen some really great meds come through the lab since we started, and a few that weren't so great. I have to say I am impressed with the quality and purity of the meds I have encountered so far, which is a credit to the growers brave enough to put their meds up for testing.

See what I mean ? You have pretty much Pre- judged at this point, right ? Did you even realize what you said? Now you want to conjure up your ' supporting evidence '. What will that prove about all the speculative product of Mexico that they have allegedley smoked previously ? What ultimatley will this do ? Justify paying $300/z , $400 , ... They've allready murdered all the farmers in Mexico, are you happy now ? Oh and 1 US BPagent. You dont even realize what you're doing ? I will appologize to Bri if I hurt his feelings , truth is not kind. Either was he ... Kinda similar to that Rev Whatshisazz that tore up the Curan, or burned it ...

that we get to party with on the 7th of Sept. I'm tell you , you dont even realize it and your being used as tools. Best to concentrate on your own business, if you can comrehend the drift here..

You have a very Viable Business sir, and much needed here for testingof as much of our product as you can afford, hows that ?

See what I mean ? You have pretty much Pre- judged at this point, right ? Did you even realize what you said? Now you want to conjure up your ' supporting evidence '. What will that prove about all the speculative product of Mexico that they have allegedley smoked previously ? What ultimatley will this do ? Justify paying $300/z , $400 , ... They've allready murdered all the farmers in Mexico, are you happy now ? Oh and 1 US BPagent. You dont even realize what you're doing ? I will appologize to Bri if I hurt his feelings , truth is not kind. Either was he ... Kinda similar to that Rev Whatshisazz that tore up the Curan, or burned it ...

that we get to party with on the 7th of Sept. I'm tell you , you dont even realize it and your being used as tools. Best to concentrate on your own business, if you can comrehend the drift here..

You have a very Viable Business sir, and much needed here for testingof as much of our product as you can afford, hows that ?

I have pre judged, you're right, because until we (my wife and I) started growing for ourselves, we were subjected to that bunk. But my prejudices on the product will have no effect on the results of our experiments. We have formed a hypothesis, based on years of past experience, that, in general, cartel weed is loaded with harmful junk and not very good. Now we have set out to test that hypothesis.

I think it's best to let the results speak for themselves. Conversely, why would someone want to ingest something they KNEW contained harmful substances, even if it were half price? Why would someone pay double for something that is just as good, even if it is schwag? We don't KNOW how this is going to turn out, and we all have our opinions, that's precisely WHY we're doing this. I'm not trying to justify prices by any means, people will pay what the market will bear. But in order for the 'free market' to ever work properly, the consumer must be fully informed about the product they're receiving. If they are not fully informed, the free market will never work properly as it creates incentive to cut corners in order to gain a competitive advantage and that's where consumers can be severely harmed.

Our mission as a lab is to help improve the quality and effectiveness of medical cannabis. This experiment will be a great boon to patient information and falls right in line with our mission, how ever it turns out. In my opinion the only people who don't want fully informed consumers are those with something to hide from the consumer that could severely damage their business.

Archived