Yooper Notice 8/27/11

sho

Ole Billy Bong will be in Escanaba tonight at Herford and Hops Brewpub, downtown at 624 Ludington St. I'll get there about 3:30, anyone wanting more info PM me and I'll give you my cell #. Going to just put pressure on this [insert your own word here]. Let's show him he's not going to have a receptive welcome at places that feel strongly for medical marijuana. Our House and Senators don't see that up here either.

PM me for phone number if you need help finding it. I'll check this regularly.

I wish I could be able to just go at a moment's notice. Sorry I can't. :( I hope a lot of people show up to let him have it. goddamm azzhole, may he suffer millions of times the pain and suffering he's caused, he, snyder, jones, walsh, the whole lot of 'em, cooper, too INTO THE FIRE!!!! They have one thing in common, they got the fire down below. :devil:

Sb

No, the morning party was a bad location because it was private property. The golf course could kick us off plus it's on a busy highway and we could get obstructing traffic or something ridiculous. Herford and hops is better because it's downtown Escanaba, public sidewalk, and only 3 3 entrances to the building. We'll cover both sides pretty easily.

You collect more flies with honey rather than vinegar. Remember to be respectful and Schuette loves it when MMJ people are upset at him. He gets off on it......really. Don't let him have any satisfaction by yelling at him or anything like that. The more he sees you're riled up the more he likes it. He figures if we're mad at him then he must be doing a great job for all the non-marijuana using Michiganders.

Hey, you don't need to tell me how to conduct myself. I vent on here, I would NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER be disrespectful to him in person or in any correspondence. GOT THAT???, even though he deserves no respect. If I'm not allowed to vent, well, if you know anything about human nature, for those who keep/hold it all inside, THEY EXPLODE.

Sb

sb i think Celliachs post was before your first post so he may have been responding to sho but i agree with you %100 hun.

OK Q-tipper. I'll peek at the post time. I'm having an awful time, something happened to me last week that made me snap; I knew it was coming. It's hard to keep it all inside. The idea that this rally cold be so big makes me nervous and excited at the same time.

Now, back to what this thread is about, I hope people will show up and be respectful to schutte, but also let him know we are very upset and we will do all in our power to fight for our rights. Remind him he's playing doctor with our health, but do it diplomatically. I wish I were a diplomat instead of someone's doormat and punching bag. For thousands of years, the elite have abused the masses. It's gotta stop.

Sincerely, Sb

Hey, you don't need to tell me how to conduct myself. I vent on here, I would NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER be disrespectful to him in person or in any correspondence. GOT THAT???, even though he deserves no respect. If I'm not allowed to vent, well, if you know anything about human nature, for those who keep/hold it all inside, THEY EXPLODE.

Sb

Yes .. they should start to worry when we get quiet.

haha that was a great time.....schuette wanted to say something bad but he bit his lip.....will post video's as soon as I can.

there was about 25-30 of us out there and when he pulled up thought they were going to mad dash to the back door but they kept going our way....we were across the street so he had his room....we didn't scream or yell stuff at him, a few questions were asked in a hollar type way but just to hear.....was a good turn out and went very very well I thought

i know Jerry glasscock was able to give bill a copy of that book "cannabis is safer then..."

lol, he thought he would get away from us by going up here.....WRONG billy boy :)

A club owner from Marquette actually got into the dinner and spent almost an hour chatting with Bill, his aide and Tom Casperson. None of them were aware cannabis cures cancer, what the law allows, what the law means... none of it. He spent a good hour educated these guys and opened the dialogue, I consider today a complete success. We had over 20 people on the street in this sleepy little town, TONS of cars honking as they drove by, we have support. They did NOT expect to see us here today, and Bill would NOT take a photo with me -- as you'll see why. I was in a suit, tie, actually overdressed for this event -- and he would not take a photo with me.

Today, we won. We opened a dialogue that access is needed, that there are places doing this right, and that medical marijuana is a good thing. We had about 5 car stop and ask us what we were protesting, mostly people attending the fundraiser, who questioned him once they went inside. The question was asked on numerous occasions tonight, why are you against medical cannabis?

Pics can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.139627019465021.31197.101216523306071&type=1

:thumbsu: THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO GO THERE AND TRY TO TALK TO THEM. I'm so glad everyone was respectful. It may not soften him or any of them, but if we don't try, we'll never know. Reminding them this is a health issue should get someone to think. :goodjob:

Sincerely, Sb

A club owner from Marquette actually got into the dinner and spent almost an hour chatting with Bill, his aide and Tom Casperson. None of them were aware cannabis cures cancer, what the law allows, what the law means... none of it. He spent a good hour educated these guys and opened the dialogue, I consider today a complete success. We had over 20 people on the street in this sleepy little town, TONS of cars honking as they drove by, we have support. They did NOT expect to see us here today, and Bill would NOT take a photo with me -- as you'll see why. I was in a suit, tie, actually overdressed for this event -- and he would not take a photo with me.

Today, we won. We opened a dialogue that access is needed, that there are places doing this right, and that medical marijuana is a good thing. We had about 5 car stop and ask us what we were protesting, mostly people attending the fundraiser, who questioned him once they went inside. The question was asked on numerous occasions tonight, why are you against medical cannabis?

Pics can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.139627019465021.31197.101216523306071&type=1

I actually got a call and a report from the individual involved as he was driving home. He did a GREAT job getting our message to the AG and from what I was told, he was VERY interested in what was being said, to the point of taking over two pages of notes and talking about 'models' to promote access. Just as important I did not hear anything about protesters acting out, so it sounds like it was a very good moment for us. Respectful opposition and dialog were the order of the day. Between this and other efforts in Lansing, editorials from papers, and hopefully a good march on Lansing to show them the 'face' of medical marijuana (which is anything we make it- good or bad) we are making progress.

Points of discussion:

Good dispensary models

Actual patient demographics (not the 18-25 year old healthy stoners so often cited)

Good certification models- records, doctor, follow up. Giving not just his example but those of competing clinics that are doing things right.

Bad certification models, including a recent 'no doctor, no record' clinic in Marquette- The AG was quite interested in that one, both for enforcement of the bona fide dr/pt relationship and from the point we are trying to weed out the bad apples on our own to keep the integrity of the movement and Act.

Dr. Bob

In all honesty, this is a good message and this is what he should hear WHEREVER he goes.

Small confession to make, I've had other dealings with the AG. He showed common sense, fairness and my family and I are indebted to him and the way he handled the situation. It is my feeling that, if approached like this, he may respond positively. Drawing Hitler staches on him is not going to make him see our side of the issue, dialog will serve our cause better. His main problem is that he is being given bad information, has the wrong mindset when it comes to MMJ, and is dealing with a life of 'reefer madness' propaganda. Educating him and his staff on good models of certification, distribution and the medical use of cannabis will have better results than a frontal assault.

If that meeting in Escanaba was any indication, we need more of them. I am encouraged by it, and so should all of you. It was the right mixture of protests and reasonable discussion.

Dr. Bob

Glad you agree with us Bob! Hopefully this opened some channels with our AG and other Senators that weren't there before, I'm going to call up Casperson and McBroom's offices in a little while and try to schedule a meeting.

I got a letter from Casperson, spewing the same ole chit; he also claimed that there were members of the MM community that helped draft the legislation over the summer. WHO THE HELL WERE THOSE MEMBERS OF THE MM COMMUNITY???? I have my guesses. IF any of our community members, not just from this site, helped with those bills, they didn't read the final edition very carefully, either THAT OR they just sold us all up the river!!!! :growl:

Sb

Archived