Ear Wax

Tweeks

LongHairBri you are correct, but ear wax is refined more and thats what gives it the waxy texture. BHO - amber glass is purged in a hot water bath to remove butane bubbles. Ear wax you take a step farther and heat while whipping. heat-whip-cool-heat-whip-cool until it gets waxy. now on a side note i have had some strains that no mater how much i heat and whip they will not wax only end up with dark amber glass. I hope this helps

LongHairBri you are correct, but ear wax is refined more and thats what gives it the waxy texture. BHO - amber glass is purged in a hot water bath to remove butane bubbles. Ear wax you take a step farther and heat while whipping. heat-whip-cool-heat-whip-cool until it gets waxy. now on a side note i have had some strains that no mater how much i heat and whip they will not wax only end up with dark amber glass. I hope this helps

Well it could explain why I can never get anything but dark oil. I will have to experiment with some different strains. I have only made this from kushes, and never been able to get it waxy.

well other extractions can be 'earwax', it is an unfortunate name given because of how it looks. But ice-o-lator extracted, iso, can be refined in pretty much the same way for the same 'earwax' item.

If I do not hotwater treat my BHO, it will stay a thick, oily, gooey brown. But doing the hot water treatment for at least 20 minutes works for this strain. It looks just like earwax. The finished material a few days later should only smell of plant terpenes.

Other strains have still a gooey texture, same color - like you guys said, other strains will either be waxy or oily. Perhaps this is about plant wax material, amount of trichromes, age of trim used, etc.

Dried material seemed to yield more than wet material. The more the material is ground and broken up, the better the yield. Big, wet material might trap the butane and oil trying to get out of the pipe. Use the finest filter you can, because broken up plant material can be small enough to end up in your oil - and effects your quality.

Empty out the pipe (tubes you packed trim into) while it is still cold, the material will be compact and easily come out. If you leave it in the tube, it can rot and really get stuck in there as it dries.If you look at the used material, you can see the plant material looks almost the same as it went in! - BUT, under magnification, you will see the trichromes are empty!!

Earwax is kind of a luxury to me, like hash. It is not something you plan on using on a daily basis. I would consider earwax to be perfect for travelling and trips - a decent amount can be concealed for travelling, but a tiny amount is all that will be needed to medicate. The plant marijuana seems to have a more well rounded effect on me than just BHO or hash by itself.

DN

DSCF1770.JPG

I dumped the gooey mess from the pyrex dish right into a glass container (with top). I lay it on its side, so the goo spreads out over a bigger area. The hot water causes the goo to bubble out the butane at the heat turns it from liquid to gas (trapped in the goo). You can see a flake on top, in the photo still holds the shape of a air pocket. These flakes will be chopped up and then repressed, weighted.

DN

THANK YOU!! I was on my phone earlier so my post was limited

to each thier own....ive had em both....not often but often enough to know they are not the same. ever put cream on a slice of pumpkin pie? now id never do that but by your way of thinking its the same thing as using whipcream....

you can't make every batch of BHO into wax. I'll give you that. stressed, premature or just bad strains don't have the resin content to make good wax. just like everything else, you get out what you put in. using sugar trim and poodle buds off properly grown meds results in wax every time! blow, heat, stir. EASY

and yes, I make it every week or so. my patients use it for breakthrough pain.

Archived