#1 donnachris

donnachris

Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient/Advanced Newbie Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationState of Confusion

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:19 PM

Ok people. You've helped me when it came to ventilation, now I need a little more help. I am hoping to be growing Lemon Cake, I should be getting a couple of clones in the next couple of days. What I need to know now is what kind of nutrients you use on your little ladies, only people growing Lemon Cake though. I'm going to start with that, then I have some seeds, but I'm not sure which seeds I am going to row yet, but when they get started, I will do a grow log. How else am I going to get any help and atta girls???

So, here goes. I'm going to be growing in pro-mix under 1000 watt MH for veg at 18/6 and 1000 watt HPS for flower at 12/12. I also have a seedling box which will be running flourescent lights and maybe cfl's if I can find ones bigger than 25 watt at 24/0.

#2 MightyMightyMezz

MightyMightyMezz

Revolution of Consciousness

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:09 PM

Lots of different ways to do it. I would add organic amendments to the Pro Mix like worm castings, crab shell meal, kelp meal, guano and dolomitic lime. Then I would supplement with hydrolyzed fish, seaweed and guano tea as needed.

I am amazed by the growth rate of Lemon Cake. It roots faster than any of my other strains and grows faster in veg too. No signs of deficiency so far - perfectly green.

#3 donnachris

donnachris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

Lots of different ways to do it. I would add organic amendments to the Pro Mix like worm castings, crab shell meal, kelp meal, guano and dolomitic lime. Then I would supplement with hydrolyzed fish, seaweed and guano tea as needed.

I am amazed by the growth rate of Lemon Cake. It roots faster than any of my other strains and grows faster in veg too. No signs of deficiency so far - perfectly green.

Do you have a grow log for your Lemon Cake??

#4 Cannastyle

Cannastyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationWhere the lights are always shining..

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

The forum search button and Google are both good for info on strains....

#5 MightyMightyMezz

MightyMightyMezz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

Do you have a grow log for your Lemon Cake??

No log yet. I'll be starting an overall grow thread before long. I have only just begun with it (haven't flowered any clones yet,) but I will say that so far Lemon Cake looks to be the ultimate beginner's strain with it's ease of cloning, growth rate and "unfussiness" when it comes to nutes.

#6 donnachris

donnachris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

No log yet. I'll be starting an overall grow thread before long. I have only just begun with it (haven't flowered any clones yet,) but I will say that so far Lemon Cake looks to be the ultimate beginner's strain with it's ease of cloning, growth rate and "unfussiness" when it comes to nutes.

Do you have any pictures yet even if you still need to post them??

#7 MightyMightyMezz

MightyMightyMezz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

Do you have any pictures yet even if you still need to post them??

I'll take some soon. It seems to have grown visibly each time l look at it which is several times a day. ^_^

#8 porcupine

porcupine

"KARMIC FARMER"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationKent County

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

Here is a cut and paste MRD made in one of the many Lemon Cake threads that has some good info on her especially with flower boosters:

Lc is potent and a superior yielder. It really responds well to the product called Gravity. I thought most supps were bs but I won a small bottle of it. (Thanks to the BACC) I use 3 drops to a 2 litre bottle of water fed all through flowering. Do not overdo this stuff follow the directions or do what I do. Otherwise you will get leaf burn. Look up Gorilla hydro and read thier article on it and the other supps made by the company. It makes buds much firmer and in the case of lc much larger too. Stop using it 2 weeks before finish and flush. It does not enhance flavor. Also the buds are a bit less frosty. I think this might be due to the resin production being directed to the calyxes which get much larger. No loss of potency.

I know from running her myself that she can take fairly heavy feedings in veg, but as always watch out just like any other strain in the flowering cycle because it's easy to over do it with flower boosters.
In my experience take her down at 60-65 days, preferably 60 days as you can get some late nanners just like any other strain.

Peace,
Porc

#9 donnachris

donnachris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

Late nanners???

#10 porcupine

porcupine

"KARMIC FARMER"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationKent County

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Late nanners???

Male flowers, they sort of look like little banana's and will seed your plant or other plants that haven't finished their grow cycle. They pop out late in the flowering cycle of most strains and are not to confused with hermaphrodites.

#11 porcupine

porcupine

"KARMIC FARMER"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationKent County

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

It is a hermaphrodite.

a person, plant, or animal that has both male and female parts

You're getting into semantics there, we don't need to confuse a new farmer as all strains carry the hermaphrodite trait to one degree or another. That's like saying Pre-98 Bubba Kush is a hermaphrodite because it will throw a few male flowers after 63-65 days.
A true hermaphrodite throws male flowers early on in the flower cycle for no reason due to that particular genetic trait, or easily throws them with poor environmental control. Most all strains throw male flowers when they are very late in the harvest window or are past due for harvesting. Lemon Cake doesn't have the true hermaphrodite trait.

Peace,
Porc

#12 pic book

pic book

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts
  • LocationSW Detroit Fort at Junction, Clark at I-75).

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

Lemon Cake doesn't have the true hermaphrodite trait.

Peace,
Porc

Not only is lemon cake all-female at late harvest. Harvested at 71 days lemon cake 'acts like a narcotic, and induces a percocet motionless cold-stone stare of two hour's duration.' Mr. D, phone interview, 9/5/11.

#13 pic book

pic book

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

What I need to know now is what kind of nutrients you use on your little ladies, only people growing Lemon Cake though.

Same as for all my strains. Over-wintered horse manure and water, occasionally doused with fresh urine diluted in water.
Lemon Cake is clone only, if you have lemon cake seeds, they're not. Only LC seeds are separate strain, Mutant Lemon Cake, and MLC has not been released.

#14 muckaluckaroo

muckaluckaroo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

hey donnachris,

i could be really off base here since i've only been growing seriously for three years, but your ratio between veg watts to flower room watts seems a little off. i'm betting you could go with 400 in veg and throw the rest of your lumens into flower.

i'm running 3 600s in flower and 400 in veg and its working out pretty well with a 36 plant perpetual grow. both rooms are packed, but the proportions seem about right. it just seems like a kw of veg with overrun a kw of flower space pretty fast.

Edited by muckaluckaroo, 05 September 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#15 Estimated Prophet

Estimated Prophet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationThe Lions Den

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:11 PM

I keep hearing about lemoncake A and B. One is excellent and the other is mediocre and best for making hash. Is there any way to tell them apart in veg?

#16 pic book

pic book

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

I keep hearing about lemoncake A and B. One is excellent and the other is mediocre and best for making hash. Is there any way to tell them apart in veg?

Liquid Pressure Chromatograph will show lc at 25-27 thc. Lower? It's not lc.

#17 donnachris

donnachris

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

I'm sure there are two types of lemon cake. The one that Mr D lost and the one he has now. I'm sure that the one that he has now not a whole lot of people have. not as much as the one he lost in, what was it, like 1999??

#18 porcupine

porcupine

"KARMIC FARMER"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationKent County

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

I believe MRD has several pheno's, as it's still a work in progress to get it to where he wanted it stabilized in seed form. There may be a few cuts out there now from bag-seed people have grown out but there is only one true original one that was let out accidentally because of misunderstanding.
She also is not late male flower proof so you need to watch her carefully really late in the flowering window, and she does get more narcotic after 60-65 days. She's a great strain if you take the time to learn her and dial her in properly.

#19 MightyMightyMezz

MightyMightyMezz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:20 PM

If mrd is the creator of the strain Lemon Cake from "some bag seed" who is this individual posting as 'Lemon Cake' in this thread? It sounds to me like it was already called that before mrd got that bag and grew those seeds in hope of recreating what was in it.

http://www.thcfarmer...889/index5.html

wow , its been years since i have seen anyone grow my cutting.

your linage is almost right on this. i did give it to imgc way back when. I have not heard from imgc or any of the old crew in yeaaars

thanks for sharing this green supreme. and thank you swisscheese for keep LC safe and sound.

swisscheese . pm me when you have a moment .

LC is looking good brother.

#20 porcupine

porcupine

"KARMIC FARMER"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationKent County

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:36 PM

If mrd is the creator of the strain Lemon Cake from "some bag seed" who is this individual posting as 'Lemon Cake' in this thread? It sounds to me like it was already called that before mrd got that bag and grew those seeds in hope of recreating what was in it.

http://www.thcfarmer...889/index5.html

The description in post #34 was written up by MRD. People have different usernames, so who knows...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users