Morhawk

Caregiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationWestland

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:57 AM

TDN - I see you are going to attend the protest of the Big Daddy's trial where:

Deputies seize $2,874 in cash, 29 marijuana plants, nine pounds of harvested marijuana, five pounds of packaged marijuana and 10 pounds of various baked goods suspecting of containing marijuana from the Big Daddy’s locations,

14 pounds = 224 ounces = 15 maxed caregivers to be legal not counting the baked goods

If you find out they did not have 15 caregivers on site at all time, will you admit they broke the law? Or will you continue to support illegal activity?

#42 barkascruff

barkascruff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

I made my point, and many of you revealed your intentions opinions too.

DN

I corrected it for you.

DN how about you think for a minute.
  • Do you think patients would still need to get a card and be put on a list with the State if there was full legalization?
  • Do you think more patients or fewer patients would be arrested if there was full legalization?

Like JB420, my opinion is any opposition to full legalization of cannabis hurts patients period .

#43 The Digital Nomad

The Digital Nomad

Patient, Grower, Activist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationMacomb and Oakland Counties

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

Morhawk - if you read my post, you see I am going to the protest because of AG bill shuette is getting personally involved in the trial of Big Daddy.
I never said I condoned Big Daddy's behavior or even MACC's direction - all my post had reflected that much.

Again - if you support legalization, thats great. But if this is to be a medical marijuana forum, do you guys understand it does not help when a new patient, a person that will try marijuana for the first time, who wants to obey the law, and intends to use it for medicine - they ask a question in the forum, and the legalization crowd debates with the medical marijuana crowd about how people should grow, transport, and transfer between themselves. It has happened all too often, the answers for medical use gets confusing when people start directing them to violate the laws, rather than follow existing laws. I had just simply pointed out the hard truth, this forum is a mess because we cannot decide - is this about medical use or legalization. If you think about your posts, why not think that perhaps some post should be directed at ASA or MiNorml, and not here in a medical forum?

Made you think, my work is done. See you at the protest tomorrow - against Bill Shuette!

DN

#44 MightyMightyMezz

MightyMightyMezz

Revolution of Consciousness

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:36 AM

Stockholm Syndrome

#45 The Digital Nomad

The Digital Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

and Restorium, you said it just right. How do we present the medical side of marijuana to the public, when we end it with "Free the Weed!"

Don't get me wrong, all people who use marijuana are nice people. This is about the mmm.org forum, not our opinions.

Look for me Restorium! tomorrow?

DN

#46 barkascruff

barkascruff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

Like JB420, my opinion is any opposition to full legalization of cannabis hurts patients period .

Not opposition, separation. Total separation of the two.

I have to be clear, I am not for legalization of marijuana.

Since my reply was to the OP, it is clear opposition was being discussed here.

When over half the states have medical cannabis, and we have our medical rights carved in stone, then we should all go for the goal of legalization, and push with everything we have. Until then, keep it under your hat in mixed company(public), in my opinion.

I disagree. Medical would benefit more from full legalization than what full legalization could ever benefit from medical.

Toughen up base. :hocky:

#47 Morhawk

Morhawk

Caregiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationWestland

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

Morhawk - if you read my post, you see I am going to the protest because of AG bill shuette is getting personally involved in the trial of Big Daddy.

the answers for medical use gets confusing when people start directing them to violate the laws

Made you think, my work is done. See you at the protest tomorrow - against Bill Shuette!

DN

And you think the news reports will show that? Or will it just send a message to the "new patients" that we should go outside the law and have pounds of marijuana, just because we feel it is right? You are protesting against the Attorney General whose job it is to represent the state laws. The MMMA is a state law, and it would look as if BD's violated it. So what's wrong with him doing his job? But feel free to chastise people on a forum as you go out in front of the TV camera's, news reporters, and the public. I hope your message doesn't get misconstrued.. <_<

Feel free to think yourself. :thumbsu:

#48 JB420

JB420

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationAround the way

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Like I said ppl for full legalization support medical almost 100% of the time. I get the point tdn and and r2 are making of how we are perceived, the free the weed comments etc, but it still doesn't stop the fact that supporters of full legalization are helping patients every time they vote or attend a rally etc, division won't happen, and would hurt both sides. if ppl for full legalization didn't support medical this site wouldn't exist because we wouldn't have a law. Legalization means safer more abundant cheaper access for patients, and also legal access for those that can't afford the couple hubndred dollars it takes to be legal. As for giving ppl legalization advice vs medical advice I twll oppl to follow the law, legaluization is what i want not what we have. I think most others do the same when ppl ask how to transport deliver handle etc. Now everyone interprets the law differently, and for this I am glad. If everyone had your opinion tdn we wouldn't even have a farmers market, access isn't just for ppl who know the right ppl its for ppl in need. And yes you did make me think, think of the fact even more so that full legalization is the right way especially for patients. then there would be no restrictions on them or a chance to go to jail.

#49 The Digital Nomad

The Digital Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

morhawk, you are kidding right?
"You are protesting against the Attorney General whose job it is to represent the state laws"

kidding me right?

DN

#50 Purplehaze

Purplehaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

I really don't like the direction of this thread, seems to break us apart more. I don't think we need that at all at this time.

You said 2 ways legalization or medical use. How about a middle road as I feel,

God gave us seed bearing plants to use, we the PEOPLE OF MICHIGAN can use Medical Marijuana.

Let us stay together as brothers and sisters. :bighug:

Please let this topic die out, I don't think it helps

Purplehaze :))

Edited by Purplehaze, 02 November 2011 - 08:22 AM.

#51 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

ok, fun and convenient for you.

What about the new patients and CGs? Does it help them to mix legalization and medical crowd? When there is a medical question, should they get the 'legalization' response or the medical response?

I would assume that ASA and Minorml would give you plenty of legalization news and reports.

DN

Are you asking me to leave?

#52 Purplehaze

Purplehaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

Are you asking me to leave?

Well I can answer that Hell No PB................. :sword:

#53 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:26 AM

JB - not trying to run people off - but make them think.

so far the last few years this forum has had its ups and downs. Everyone keeps saying 'we need direction'.

I want people to think what they are doing here. Are you camping here for laughs and tokes, or did you want to help the medical marijuana program in michigan?
Is this a medical marijuana site, as the title says? Or maybe we should change it to MichiganMarijuana.org to stop confusing people that this site is about medical use.

Is it an attitude? It was a feeling that keeps popping up at many events, clubs, and forums. Maybe the michigan medical marijuana site should be simple - make it about medical use of marijuana? Teach patients to treat marijuana like medicine, not like a recreation?

I made my point, and many of you revealed your intentions too.

DN

So convert the forums into a online magazine. Only let three or four post with strict limits.

In other words .. close this site.

#54 Morhawk

Morhawk

Caregiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationWestland

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

morhawk, you are kidding right?
"You are protesting against the Attorney General whose job it is to represent the state laws"

kidding me right?

DN

Not at all. You should be supporting someone to prosecute someone who may have broke the law. Unless you support full legalization. If it was fully legalized, Schuette would not have a leg to stand on. But it's not, and he has a couple of legs to stand on.

You are saying that we should separate Medical vs. Legalization. I am saying you need to separate Legal vs Illegal.

Your way and support of this protest says it's okay to (allegedly) break the law as long as it's medical. Our way is saying, there should not be a case in the first place because it should be illegal.

We have laws and you should support anyone who tries to enforce it. If you don't agree with the law, then you need to support changing the law. Which the best way would be full legalization as the MM act has so many grey areas and both sides are taking advantage of it.

#55 The Digital Nomad

The Digital Nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:31 AM

morhawk, I will let other people explain to you about Bill Shuette.

My Last Post on this topic. Its getting side tracked and personal.

DN

#56 Morhawk

Morhawk

Caregiver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationWestland

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:36 AM

morhawk, I will let other people explain to you about Bill Shuette.

My Last Post on this topic. Its getting side tracked and personal.

DN

Not trying to get personal. Just saying, I support protesting that SOB and lynching him to a 3rd world country, don't get me wrong. I think he needs to back off. But with the way the law is written, he doesn't have to. Full legalization would pull the carpet right out from under him. Until the dust is settled, we need to stay within the law, or change it.

#57 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

ok, now let me ask you this - those of you for legalization - why are you on this medical marijuana site? Does MiNorml or ASA, or Yahookah.com have a forum?
Why do legalization people feel like they have to use this medical marijuana forum to speak about legalization?

DN

Greg Fransisco invited me here. I was one of the first invited.

Before the law passed, there was nothing to protect any of us. We thought that was wrong.

We worked to change the law we thought was bad. And we did.

Do you think this law would have passed at all if every legalization person voted no? "We want to party and screw them sick people." Did that take place? No.

We both wanted a change in the nations marijuana policy. We got the change .. only by working together.

I'm shocked that someone would want to keep the legalize people away from here.

But hey .. splitting us into smaller groups that fight each other is a great way to prevent any future changes. We don't want any changes .. please arrest us all.

#58 cristinew

cristinew

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

what a dumb thread, we need all the support we can get period..

#59 Zombiefied

Zombiefied

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

I gotta ask, what does Singles Lounge, Sports, Entertainment, Computers...ect have to do with medical Marijuana in Michigan, NOTHING. I thought that we had spots to openly discuss stuff, not medical marijuana related, and spots to openly discuss different aspects of Medical Marijuana..... The whole crying about legalization on a medical marijuana site is kinda silly, just ask for the thread to be moved into a NON MEDICAL MARIJUANA PLACE and dont come back to it....

#60 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

and Restorium, you said it just right. How do we present the medical side of marijuana to the public, when we end it with "Free the Weed!"

Don't get me wrong, all people who use marijuana are nice people. This is about the mmm.org forum, not our opinions.

Look for me Restorium! tomorrow?

DN

It's pretty rare that I say "free the weed" as a part of anything that I do.

I resent people that come here and try to convince us that people belong in jail for a herb.

Do I support medical or not? You tell me. Does the fact that I support legalization negate the medical support I give?

I almost hope you get raided soon.

Editing out a chunk I shouldn't have posted and sorry that I did.

Edited by peanutbutter, 02 November 2011 - 10:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users