130 replies to this topic

#121 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

Ah, good. We have a revision in the peanutbutters theory of gravity. No longer does it just take gallons, but only cups to harm. Hope nobody out there was making Gravity cocktails since you did the math the first time.

I wonder if it's possible that some other folks, some that know science and math and biology better than you or I, have interpreted these reports and others that we cannot see and do not have access to, then decided to put the warning label on stuff containing paclobutrazol and alar?

I think I will await further revisions to peanutbutters theory of gravity before I invest in this miracle product. It really seems iffy and risky to use it in any quantity on patients' medicine. I think you have actually proven my point in a very final way, peanutbutter. It's not really about cancer at all.

And it has nothing to do with alar. Why lump in alar?

#122 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

I want you to understand now that your math is already off by two orders of magnitude. The RfD is actually 1.3 e-2 mg/kg/day.

How does that effect your position?

I think your bad science is dangerous.

Great 'e' stuff. I thought that was a typo.

What number do you come up with for a 100kg human?

#123 mrd

mrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:00 AM

I want to give an unrelated example of why caution is a good idea. (If any one wants to buy partially filled bottles of Gravity or Bushmaster I got em!)

when I was a teenager (forty years a go). I was at a friends house. His father who was a scientist explained to me why a sweetener was banned in 10 days. I am trying to recall the name. It was found that the sweetener saccharin and this other sweetener had not harmful effects when never used concurrently. But in rats when given the stuff at the same time the incidence of liver cancer exceeded 70%. It was no problem coming across products with both sweeteners. So then the govt decided it would ban one so it banned the one that was less widely distributed. Everything was off the shelves in a week.

The point being that you really have to be careful with things cause often small amounts of a given chemical might have really bad effects. We cannot avoid everything but certainly if something is suspect we can avoid it if we have a choice. Gravity and Bushmaster contain substances that we should not eat. I think it is better to play it on the side of caution.

#124 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

It was in the video. It was the other chemical that was mentioned that is added to improperly labeled bottles destined for likely cannabis growers. It requires the same labeling.

So anything that is improperly labeled has alar in it?

Isn't that the implied claim?

And alar isn't in Gravity. Correct?

#125 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:06 AM

I want to give an unrelated example of why caution is a good idea. (If any one wants to buy partially filled bottles of Gravity or Bushmaster I got em!)

when I was a teenager (forty years a go). I was at a friends house. His father who was a scientist explained to me why a sweetener was banned in 10 days. I am trying to recall the name. It was found that the sweetener saccharin and this other sweetener had not harmful effects when never used concurrently. But in rats when given the stuff at the same time the incidence of liver cancer exceeded 70%. It was no problem coming across products with both sweeteners. So then the govt decided it would ban one so it banned the one that was less widely distributed. Everything was off the shelves in a week.

The point being that you really have to be careful with things cause often small amounts of a given chemical might have really bad effects. We cannot avoid everything but certainly if something is suspect we can avoid it if we have a choice. Gravity and Bushmaster contain substances that we should not eat. I think it is better to play it on the side of caution.

Caution indeed. Which is why I'm not going to use it anymore.

Rats being tested with saccharin were fed massive amounts of it. It has been returned to the market now. So was the government mistaken years ago or now?

(and I don't use saccharine or nutrasweet either for the same reasons)

#126 mrd

mrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin

#127 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin

We're all just happy lab rats .. :)

#128 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

This is getting bad. That is not what anyone has been saying. Two different chemicals. Multiple different products. All dangerous and shouldn't be used by caregivers.

So then, to be clear, alar has NOTHING to do with Gravity.
And if I hadn't said anything, there would have been many people reading this thread thinking that Gravity had alar in it.
And that Gravity has been proven to be cancer causing. -> IT HAS NOT BEEN SHOWN AT ALL. Zero hints about that EXCEPT in threads like this one.

I just hope that people look more closely at the information we are being fed.

This has been like saying "chlorine gas was used as a chemical warfare agent, Therefore your city, that supplies your water, is using chemical warfare against you."

weird stuff.

Just be honest in your criticism. I'm sure that you can put Gravity down without resorting to propaganda tricks.

#129 Camnibus

Camnibus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationMetro Detroit Area

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:30 PM

Mine says kelp?

lol

#130 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

and continue to use the products even in the face of the information presented

What information?

The product is mislabeled.

The government said it is not for human use.

It has been pulled from the shelves of many stores.

I ask why and get everything about other products/compounds mixed in with information about this one.

I figure there must be some fire to go with all this smoke. But I can't find it.

And I'm still presuming there's fire there .. somewhere. I just haven't been able to find it yet. Frankly I was hoping you would show me.

Anyway .. I rarely accept it when someone says "just trust me." When I see information being slanted being combined with that message, I greatly discount the message. I assume that I'm being manipulated.

#131 LongHairBri

LongHairBri

Plant Manager

• Administrators
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationTrees in the D
Contributor

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

I'd say this topic has been fully explored. I'm closing it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users