there are a lot of other expenses that you are over looking... marketing,all the thc testing and quality screening, all the bills associated with making edibles and tinctures, the lobbing that this guy does for the medical community... im sure it all adds up, plus they are all getting paid.... o yea plus the security and all the high tec locked doors and stuff... i mean they all make money for their time involved

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Weed Wars had its season finale, perhaps it will be back....

Discovery's 'Weed Wars' Sparks Lawsuit THR

Discovery Communications has been hit with a lawsuit stemming from its medical marijuana series "Weed Wars," according to The Hollywood Reporter's Hollywood, Esq. blog.

Kylie Krabbe claims the media company stole her idea for a reality show focused on a medical marijuana dispensary, the story says. She alleges she won the right to pitch it to Discovery executives after taking it to an organized pitch session in 2010, the article adds.

She called the show "Greener Pastures," and it focused on the owner of a dispensary in Santa Barbara, the story says. She registered the treatment with the WGA before pitching it, the piece adds.

The suit alleges that Discovery initially was interested but then passed, calling it too "edgy," the story says.

"Weed Wars" debuted Dec. 1 on Discovery.

Discovery doesn't comment on pending litigation, the piece adds.

while they are all doing well (look at their cars), you have to keep in mind it is a not-for-profit organization. meaning, any profit (after paying bills, employees, owners) has to be put back into helping the community. that is the problem with having to pay all that tax at once. they weren't saying they wouldn't be able to pay the tax, it was the fact that they did not withhold the money necessary to pay the tax bill, before spending it on the community.

they had had the money, but spent it, as they were supposed to according to the type of business they are. now that they know, it shouldn't be an issue, if they are able to get past this surprise that it WAS retro-active (and i'm not going to get into whether they knew about it and were trying to scam by, or not; i don't believe that the case, though).

i felt it was a good show, it humanizes people that use mmj and shows they are normal people, too, to those who don't. (you have to keep in mind, the clientele in their show is normal for that area; might not be in your hometown, but there, probably almost conservative, relatively speaking)

Archived