Darkmatter 2.0

Darkmatter

Things have been going well here. My PH and ppms have stayed at the same levels all week! 400-500ppm 5.5-5.8 p. Loving that When i fill it back up it will be half that. They are drinking! :thumbsu:

I have been spraying neem oil to prevent spider mites from ever returning (god this stuff smells.) I hate using it in my tent. I wash the walls and floors after each application. It smells like day-old rotting Beef Ramen Noodle Soup. I do not want that accumulating in my tent. I just bought the darn thing! :P

I am hoping that by the next time I post my stage 3 and 4 setups are complete. I have almost everything I need. The rest is all Home Depot stuff.

:pic:

HPIM7175.jpg

HPIM7184.jpg

I FIM'ed the ones that are getting big. I want some bushes here.

Here's my Kandy Kush. She sure loves to stretch! She almost tripled in height on me in flower the first time. I have to get her into flower faster than the others if i can.

HPIM7182.jpg

I think my water might be too cold or my water sprinkler needs to be lowered. Some of my roots are browning. Water temp is 21 deg Celcius.

Where they sit in the water is all nice and white but where the jets hit them the are tanning. I think I need just a little tuning. My friends have a lower jet on thiers and thier roots look better. I better remember to pick up what I need (a smaller fitting) at home depot!

HPIM7179.jpg

HPIM7180.jpg

HPIM7176.jpg

HPIM7176.jpg

Other than that everything looks peachy!

Edited by Darkmatter

ummmm. those roots look like hell. I'm gonna have to start calling you Dave if you don't fix it soon!

Can't have that now! :P

I am not sure what the issue is. Is 69 degrees F to cold? Could it be the lack of chlorine in the R/O water? Or is it that the sprayer is too close to my root zone and it is beating them up or water-logging them. Maybe I should also try hooking up a timer to the pump so it is not running all the time?

Edited by Darkmatter

• 4 weeks later...

Well it took longer that I anticipated, but my system is 99% complete.Some unforeseen events occurred that wound up costing me a lot of money, and this almost did not get done at all, but I had the help of some great people along the way, and worked very hard so here we are!

I still have to put water in it in the morning but I am too tired and don't have time to watch it right now . Plants will be going in all these sites tomorrow however! I am quite confident that it will all go off without a hitch!

The one that looks out of place is just moved out of the way because I am filling my reservoir in this picture

HPIM7295.jpg

You can see the tent sites here.

HPIM7296.jpg

HPIM7297.jpg

This is crazy. It will not happen again. It almost defies logic.(There are 12 plants here in this cloner, yes that is a cloner!)

As I said I meant to get this done earlier, but hey, life happens.

Do you think they are ready to get out of there?

HPIM7302.jpg

HPIM7304.jpg

I should have more pictures up very soon, with everyone in their new homes! :thumbsu:

Again thank you to everyone that has helped me along the way. :rock:

Edit: Pardon that mess in there I have not yet cleaned up since installing the system. I spent 2 hours today washing 100 liters of new hydroton! :hot:

Edited by Darkmatter

Lagasse_Photo.jpg

Worked my arse off today getting things tuned in. I still have a few loose ends to tie up but everything is running smoothly. I had to drill out a hole in the float valve as my flood cycles were taking too long. Can you believe that there is only like a 1/16" hole in that thing?

I also had to stop a couple of air and water leaks and add my nutrients PH the water and let everything mix. You can't just add stuff to this system. You have to add your nutrients and let it flood, then drain at least once. Then test it, that way everything is mixed up, and you can get an accurate reading.

Plants are all in their new home. They will veg for a week before I kick the big room into flower. Normally I will not be doing any vegging in the flowering room as they will have vegged properly in the 10" net pots in that tent before moving in the large flowering area. But this is all new so they have to catch up.

HPIM7319.jpg

HPIM7316.jpg

I have given the stretchy Kandy Kush 2 sites so I have room to bend her over. :lol: (heheheheh)

HPIM7313.jpg

I feel like a proud new father today. I come into my room this afternoon to find it looking like this.

HPIM7328.jpg

HPIM7331.jpg

Such a fantastic rate of growth. My PH is a stable 5.8 and will drop very slowly. My TDS are at 1002 PPM. Perfect.

...and what's this we have here? Are those nice bleach-white roots I spy popping out of there? :))

HPIM7330.jpg

The clones that were buried are loving the room, and even the 1000 ppm solution that my system is using.

HPIM7333.jpg

:dodgyrun:

*sniff... I'm so proud!