Darkmatter 2.0

Darkmatter

• 2 weeks later...

as the pupil snatches the pebble!!

nice work

Thanks dude! I could not have done it without a good teacher! :bow:

I have more plants always coming out of here, as this is a perpetual garden, but I think I am going to wrap this up here. Otherwise this could go on forever!

HPIM7485.jpg

The Big one to the left is Master Kush. The top right one is Pre-98 Bubba Kush. Bottom right is Kandy Kush.

Kandy Kush: What A wonderful plant. I do believe that I have a Sativa phenotype here. She has a very heady, and racy effect. A great day-time medication. She has the taste of a sugary kush, very unique, and very potent. Very easy to over medicate with. But what a pain in the donkey to grow. She stretches and fox-tails all over the place, and throws nanners in the end, she is also a pain to trim. That plant yielded me 14.5 oz of good nugs. But it took me all weekend to trim, and I had to give her a whole 1000 watt HPS light to pull off that yield. I will keep her around for a long time however. Because she is worth the trouble.

Flavor: 10/10

Potency: 9/10

Yield: 6/10

Ease of growing: 5/10

Master Kush: I really enjoyed growing this strain. She has a skunky, but fruity aroma and taste, and yield like a dream. Even the lower buds are nice and dense. She was very hearty, and easy to trim. Required very little training and stalk support.

Flavor: 9/10

Potency: 9/10

Yield: 9/10

Ease of growing: 10/10

Pre-98 Bubba Kush: The strongest and most frosty thing in the garden by far. A very low yielder however. This is my insomnia and pain-killer strain right here, and the flavor is very distinctive. I can only describe it as a heavy kush taste. Unique to the true Pre-98.

Flavor: 10/10

Potency: 10/10

Yield: 4/10

Ease of growing: 7/10

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of our watering feeding schedules. I know our pumps and floats are different. Have you ever had drooping leaves from over watering? I know LHB said he had a pump failure and the sites were filled for a week.

For the bloom room --> I have mine set for 6 times a day, 4 min fill, 15min soak and a 5 min drain. I use 2 - 440gph pumps. I just increased this from 5 times to 6. No problems so far.

Edited by Dman

I was thinking of our watering feeding schedules. I know our pumps and floats are different. Have you ever had drooping leaves from over watering? I know LHB said he had a pump failure and the sites were filled for a week.

For the bloom room --> I have mine set for 6 times a day, 4 min fill, 15min soak and a 5 min drain. I use 2 - 440gph pumps. I just increased this from 5 times to 6. No problems so far.

Sorry just saw this.

No problems from that. Mine, just like Bri's floods every 3 hours for soaking for 30 minutes. However I have noticed that some strains like the system better than others. I get some droop-age on my pre-98 Bubba Kush, have not been able to figure out why.

Using reverse osmosis water in this system does require some care in monitoring the PH levels and keeping the water fresh. The nutrient solution seems to sour (will not maintain a stable PH) in 3 weeks or so. Even with fresh water I still add a lot of PH up. I can raise the level to like 5.8, and in 2 days it will be 5.2. I don't feel comfortable with using too much PH up so I tend to let it drop to about 4.7 (a number my nutes love to hover at) before I adjust.

Even still what a Bad-donkey system. I am quite lucky to be operating such a wonderful Hydro-Farm. Do you use R/O water by chance, and have you been having to use a lot of PH up?

• 2 years later...

Well it's time to get growing again. My set-up is not complete yet, but it is pretty close. I have a couple hundred-dollar home depot run and an in-line fan or 2 to buy, and a fluorescent light. But had some unforeseen events occur that left me more broke than usual. It will all come together in time though.

In my previous grow I was using DWC in solitary bubbling buckets. This time I will have a custom set-up that sort of resembles the CAP Ebb and Grow, only with a 4" Disc air stone at the bottom of each bucket so the roots get more O2. It is not quite ready yet but I have got most of what I need for it together. I also am building a veg tent so that I have a perpetual set-up.

Here is the beginnings of the new room. It is not done just yet. 2000 Watts of cool tubes here!

IMGP1576.jpg

The veg tent: Also not finished. 400 Watts of " I ran out of money to finish this hand made lighting!"

HPIM7099.jpg

In there I have 2 Stages of Aeroponic cloners going. The small one for rooting cuttings with reverse osmosis water at 0 ppm . The larger one is for rooted clones they are being fed Dyna-Gro using the lucas method (5ml Mag Pro , 10 ml Bloom per gallon) at 350ppm 5.7 ph. I will have 4, 5 gallon buckets in here for veg plants after they come out of that black cloner. They will be part of the same system (the modified ebb and grow) That I will use in the main flowering room.

HPIM7100.jpg

I fried this first batch of cuttings quite a bit. This was my first attempt at rooting a cutting, and my veg tent was not up yet so I parked them too close to a 1000w HPS light. Lucky for me I have a good mentor with a vastly dank genetic library. Pictured here are Pre-98 Bubba Kush , Strawberry Diesel, Aurora Indica, Chem-Sour, and Irainian G-13.

HPIM7106.jpg

I also had to deal with hitchhiker BORG spider mites so I treated all these cuttings with Floramite SC. I know it's not ideal. But I want these genetics and can not afford to pay for pest-free clones so I humbly take what is given to me. My idea is that by hitting them once when they are babies I can kick them out of my garden forever. I will spray them with neem oil every week or so for a month or 2 as well just for good measure. Hopefully I will never have to use Floramite SC again. I will say this though. I sprayed these non-rooted cuttings once, and the next day it looked like there was pepper sprinkled on that white PVC sheet on that little cloner. All dead Mites. The day after I found one hatched baby. But it was not happy. Day 3 . No mites, No eggs.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Hit em with AVID 3-7 days after the Floramite.  For the first time in my life I had a small mite outbreak last summer when the floods came must have come up thru the sewer system or laying somewhere dormant because I have not EVER had mites.   I nuked them hoes for 2 cycles before I finally got rid of them.  2 feet of water in my entire basement def did not help I can bet somebody else on my block was growing because they easily came thru the pipes....I hate Mites.  Why they exist I have NO idea.  I feel bad for anybody who gets them.  it will take a few months of constant inspecting, spraying, bleaching, uggggh....worst shiiyat ever.

I know this is a old thread but it popped up wile looking into dynagrow for bubble buckets, so I was wondering was your nute reg was in the bubble buckets?

Wish I didn't have to hijack this thread to do this; (You should to clear room in your inbox) but I noticed you posting on some of the older threads  in regards to dwc/bubble bucket grows. I found some useful tidbits for my DWC on this older topic here on the forum

Hope it helps!

-Edited: because I mistakenly multi-posted...in the same post even!
Edited by AbominableDro-Man

I know this is a old thread but it popped up wile looking into dynagrow for bubble buckets, so I was wondering was your nute reg was in the bubble buckets?

my leaves curled when nutes are in the high range. By day thirty in flower the directions on the bottle would taper

the ppm's to near nothing by day 60 ish/harvest. Additives in flower often will increase the salts too. I followed

the bottle instructions and didn't have issues, no "flushing" necessary, and no salt build up. follow instructions,

or cut in half even, for best results.

I have used dyna gro. I bought every system on the grow shelf in 2009, settled on dutch master gold. I had great results with every system then except "Ionic" and one other  I don't remember right now. then I made the choice of organic approach and tried all the organic/hydro systems and they each failed me, most miserably. So I began the whole dirt recycling/100,000 worms in stacked farms fed only cannabis trim and water and worm tea, no added fertilizer. It was the best in the world for me, but the labor sucked. I use Organicare organic crumbles when I'm too lazy to gather rabbit/chicken pooh and get the same results as the worm show without the mess and labor.

There was a time I cared for a 5,000 gallon plus koi pond... There is a difference in a "pond" to a "koi pond". These fish, (koi) grow rather large and like good, clean well oxygenated pond. They can be pricy and in some cases certain "phenotypes" are rare. That said, they are amazing and some people like to refer to koi as swimming jewels.

So.... Why would I bring them up? Reason being the filtration was key for their health and development. As a proponent for organic nutes the filter was a plethora of goodness. Over a decade I created quite the filtration system to recycle and maximize waste into nutrients for the garden/yard (koi were happy too). Plants loved the waste which was collected in a large vat which dropped waste through a vortex unit. Basically the pond was a toilet with mechanisms designed to separate waste. Fish waste/nutrient was collected through the heavy particles separating and dropping in the vortex. Every day or two the nutrient waste was pumped out to feed plants. Including our medicinal plant compadres, they really enjoyed the beneficial bacteria from the pond with the waste/nutrient from koi. When I was able to use this enriched water I only used manufactured nutes as enhancements. System was great (especially for MM), wished I could of moved it with me when it was time to move... But that's life.